Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Continuing the replay (day 52) and damn, Chika is such a good girl. I dont remember that I ever thought of her being such a nice girl on 1st playthrough (ages ago). And missing main events is somewhat uncomfortable.

By the way, is it the rework of the whole ch.1 or up to some point?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Continuing the replay (day 52) and damn, Chika is such a good girl. I dont remember that I ever thought of her being such a nice girl on 1st playthrough (ages ago). And missing main events is somewhat uncomfortable.

Once you get to the beach event, you've seen most of it. I think all the changes past that point are minor.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I think I'm going to be waiting for the next release to play again. I get there's a lot of new stuff in the rework, but the story won't progress, and I feel like at the end of getting back to where I'm at, that will cause me to feel unfulfilled. I am looking forward to seeing the reworked beginning, though.

gryphon100

Oct 20, 2021
Okay, so I've gotten to the new reworked "Reset" event and I just want to give my current thoughts on the rework. I'm probably not going to do an official review on the game until it's all out, but I still want to get my thoughts out. Anyone not wanting to hear about the reworked beginning cause they're waiting for chapter 3 then just know I will be talking about the changes and the new and improved beginning. You want to experience it yourself, don't read further.

Just because I do say it is improved, doesn't mean I still don't have my criticisms. This will also be mostly criticisms too because every good thing I can say about this game, I've said before elsewhere and everyone else had already said it. Most of my negative thoughts are mostly directed at the very beginning, like the first 5 or so main events. It's better, I guess, but in some aspects its worse. The beginning started off pretty promising. Ami behaves more like the current Ami, obsessive and borderline yandere, just how I like her, and everything's doing good.

Then we get to the scene where Maya, Ami, and Ayane are hanging out. Two big issues with this scene in particular. First off, the Ayane suicide joke. I mean, it sets up how insanely in love Ayane is with Sensei, and its not entirely inaccurate to her character, but in my opinion, its an awful way to officially introduce Ayane. Just as bad as the original where Ayane was basically just a slut with daddy issues. I think that moment should be taken out or at the very least modified. It's makes an awful first viewing of Ayane's character, since something like that fits way more with Ami than it would with Ayane herself.

My second issue with the scene is the over reliance with "tell don't show." I don't understand how this made it through because it screams awful writing. What specifically I'm talking about is how the narrator comes in to tell about Ayane's familial background and how her father gained her wealth, and her butlers backstory, all for the sake of a joke that's just wasted. Not only did we just get the same info from Ami a few lines before, but the narrator repeated that same information for a joke, and instead of Ayane just naming her butler, so that in the future there would be multiple jokes to portray his character off screen, instead its all boiled into one clunky mess. His backstory, his identity, even bits of his personality. Instead of keeping it silent so that there can be multiple comedic moments later, that's all tossed in the trash.

What makes this even more bizarre is how much better the rest of the game is when delivering name drops. Nodoka, Kirin, Maki, and other characters were name dropped early before their official introduction, but it doesn't ruin their not yet existing character for the sake of a bad punchline. It's also bizarre cause I legitimately think this game is funny too, as much as serious and depressing.

One more thing I want to point out is the whole Sana event where she just randomly screams about the whole Patreon fiasco. It's fine right now, I had a good laugh reading through it, but it shouldn't make it into the final product. It would just date the game even more than some of the humor with Raid Shadow Legends already does. By chapter 4, if there's going to be a chapter 4 I don't see why, or on the final update it should be replaced.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The shot from the roof is...How? Is the school situated on a cliff?
In original shot it looks even higher, but I cropped it for the sake of non-spoilering

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
If we reject Ayane at beach trip, will it prevent Kirin blackmailing Ayane and the forced double bj scene happens in second chapter? Because if so I'm so ready to restart my game and reject ayane in the first beach trip. That forced bj scene angered me so much and I don't remember myself got angry and disgusted over a h-scene in an adult game. Fuck Kirin. I felt pitty at her love hotel scene but she deserves all the bad things happens to her

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
If we reject Ayane at beach trip, will it prevent Kirin blackmailing Ayane and the forced double bj scene happens in second chapter? Because if so I'm so ready to restart my game and reject ayane in the first beach trip. That forced bj scene angered me so much and I don't remember myself got angry and disgusted over a h-scene in an adult game. Fuck Kirin. I felt pitty at her love hotel scene but she deserves all the bad things happens to her
Well, there are a need of 3 triggers to initiate that:
1. Yep, having that event.
2. Ayane lust is 15+
3. Kirin lust is 15+
There are quite a bit of differences, yeah, for example Ayane will have nothing wrong with Kirin joining the class and stuff. You will miss quite a bit of sex scenes, though (2 at minimum), but who knows, maybe there will be some sort of reward for the guys who go non-canon? Or some punishment. Like, being homie to Rin is a non-canon, I really wonder what the difference will be in the end...

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
2. Ayane lust is 15+
3. Kirin lust is 15+
There are quite a bit of differences, yeah, for example Ayane will have nothing wrong with Kirin joining the class and stuff. You will miss quite a bit of sex scenes, though (2 at minimum), but who knows, maybe there will be some sort of reward for the guys who go non-canon? Or some punishment. Like, being homie to Rin is a non-canon, I really wonder what the difference will be in the end...
Wait wait wait... If I edit Kirin's lust to less than 15, Can I prevent that scene happening? So I don't need to restart the game? If so, you saved me a lot time my friend

Reactions: Vizer007

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
These reworked scenes have been hit or miss for me so far. Some of them are handled better I think but I haven't seen any significant changes aside from actually removing content. Wasn't it supposed to add more, or did I just misread it? One thing I don't like about it so fare is the removal of player choices. What's the point of removing the choice of telling Miku you are into tomboys just to have the MC say he is into everyone now. Or not having the option of waiting in the hall for Rin's event and making the player barge in on her for examples. The game is already severely lacking in the choice department an now there are even fewer.

Over all it still feels like the same game I played over a year ago but with less overall content. I'll admit I haven't gone through all of it yet but I have done a big chunk of it. But it's just been gain points > see next completely scripted scene. I've tried again but it seems this one is too restrictive for me personally.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Wasn't it supposed to add more, or did I just misread it?
It added a bunch of totally new events, like Great Burdock Leaves, Ode to a Marsh Warbler, and Imprinting. Ode to a Marsh Warbler in particular is an amazing event which does a lot to flesh out Sensei's relationship with Ami.

It got rid of a couple of meaningless choices that didn't have long-term impact, which I guess is a bit of a bummer for variety's sake, but lets Sensei have more consistent characterization, which is probably valuable from a storytelling perspective.

I don't really feel the game is lacking for impactful choices: whether you sleep with the optional girls changes a lot (especially Ami), a lot of events are missable, and of course there's the good homie/bad homie fork that's still causing ripples up through the Christmas update. But I might be biased, because I've seen too many interesting games promise "your choices will matter!" and then flame out into zero forward progress because combinatorics cause their game to turn into like eight separate games depending on your choices.

If you want more gameplay in your game, this definitely isn't a great choice. It's fundamentally still a visual novel. But if you're here for the story and characters, I think they took a big jump forward (I finally just finished chapter 1, so I'm done with rework content).

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020
2. Ayane lust is 15+
3. Kirin lust is 15+
Why do you think being a homie to Rin is non-canon? You miss an event for her if you aren't one.

Reactions: Maldonny

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
It added a bunch of totally new events, like Great Burdock Leaves, Ode to a Marsh Warbler, and Imprinting. Ode to a Marsh Warbler in particular is an amazing event which does a lot to flesh out Sensei's relationship with Ami.

It got rid of a couple of meaningless choices that didn't have long-term impact, which I guess is a bit of a bummer for variety's sake, but lets Sensei have more consistent characterization, which is probably valuable from a storytelling perspective.

I don't really feel the game is lacking for impactful choices: whether you sleep with the optional girls changes a lot (especially Ami), a lot of events are missable, and of course there's the good homie/bad homie fork that's still causing ripples up through the Christmas update. But I might be biased, because I've seen too many interesting games promise "your choices will matter!" and then flame out into zero forward progress because combinatorics cause their game to turn into like eight separate games depending on your choices.

If you want more gameplay in your game, this definitely isn't a great choice. It's fundamentally still a visual novel. But if you're here for the story and characters, I think they took a big jump forward (I finally just finished chapter 1, so I'm done with rework content).
Good points and to each there own but this feels very much like a KN to me. I never really feel like I'm "playing" something I guess. The site's not lacking for games so it's fine I'll just look elsewhere. It's not terrible it's just not for me.

Reactions: moodle

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Of the few optional girls throughout the story, I gotta say, I wish Makoto were among them. Her and Futaba are by far my least favorite love interests in the story and it's pretty annoying how much of a focus there is on their arcs. They're both incredibly uninteresting and I think
was wasted on her. I just hate the way she acts (and is rarely shut down by Sensei for being so over bearing) and I can't stand her hair and glasses. Every time she shows up on screen, all I see is Uryu Ishida from Bleach

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
I'm literally punished by GoD because Rin is my favourite girl. Just when I think I can finally be with Rin after that kiss, Otoha came and everything resetted again. Hell everything is worse because they are making out in front my eyes. Why GoD is so cruel against Rin enjoyers :(

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Oh yeah, she's basically the type you see in a lot of games an anime, the ones who are a little too nice and forgiving for their own good.

Once you get to the beach event, you've seen most of it. I think all the changes past that point are minor.
Pretty much based on the list of reworked events, plus most of the pacing was before that point as well since that's where girls who got slowed down would make advances of a sexual kind. In my first run, I even got Chika to do the lust event in Sensei's office before the beach since I had already passed the point of bad homie going into the beach event update, which served as a wake up call that I needed to restart when I completely forgot I had already screwed up and had already planned a restart.

Okay, so I've gotten to the new reworked "Reset" event and I just want to give my current thoughts on the rework. I'm probably not going to do an official review on the game until it's all out, but I still want to get my thoughts out. Anyone not wanting to hear about the reworked beginning cause they're waiting for chapter 3 then just know I will be talking about the changes and the new and improved beginning. You want to experience it yourself, don't read further.

Just because I do say it is improved, doesn't mean I still don't have my criticisms. This will also be mostly criticisms too because every good thing I can say about this game, I've said before elsewhere and everyone else had already said it. Most of my negative thoughts are mostly directed at the very beginning, like the first 5 or so main events. It's better, I guess, but in some aspects its worse. The beginning started off pretty promising. Ami behaves more like the current Ami, obsessive and borderline yandere, just how I like her, and everything's doing good.

Then we get to the scene where Maya, Ami, and Ayane are hanging out. Two big issues with this scene in particular. First off, the Ayane suicide joke. I mean, it sets up how insanely in love Ayane is with Sensei, and its not entirely inaccurate to her character, but in my opinion, its an awful way to officially introduce Ayane. Just as bad as the original where Ayane was basically just a slut with daddy issues. I think that moment should be taken out or at the very least modified. It's makes an awful first viewing of Ayane's character, since something like that fits way more with Ami than it would with Ayane herself.

My second issue with the scene is the over reliance with "tell don't show." I don't understand how this made it through because it screams awful writing. What specifically I'm talking about is how the narrator comes in to tell about Ayane's familial background and how her father gained her wealth, and her butlers backstory, all for the sake of a joke that's just wasted. Not only did we just get the same info from Ami a few lines before, but the narrator repeated that same information for a joke, and instead of Ayane just naming her butler, so that in the future there would be multiple jokes to portray his character off screen, instead its all boiled into one clunky mess. His backstory, his identity, even bits of his personality. Instead of keeping it silent so that there can be multiple comedic moments later, that's all tossed in the trash.

What makes this even more bizarre is how much better the rest of the game is when delivering name drops. Nodoka, Kirin, Maki, and other characters were name dropped early before their official introduction, but it doesn't ruin their not yet existing character for the sake of a bad punchline. It's also bizarre cause I legitimately think this game is funny too, as much as serious and depressing.

One more thing I want to point out is the whole Sana event where she just randomly screams about the whole Patreon fiasco. It's fine right now, I had a good laugh reading through it, but it shouldn't make it into the final product. It would just date the game even more than some of the humor with Raid Shadow Legends already does. By chapter 4, if there's going to be a chapter 4 I don't see why, or on the final update it should be replaced.
I do have to disagree about Ayane. I said it about the original and I'll say it about the rework, she is the type that would do just about anything for Sensei, the original even had her going into yandere candidate territory before Ami ever did with her much more forward advances.

The repeated information may not just be for the sake of a joke, watch out as the puzzles that do come up may use that as an answer. I'm not too sure of that myself, which is why I am wary of it being repeated. It might be repetition to drill it into the player's head, a sign to pay attention that the answers to the first puzzle don't have since at that point there was no precedent saying such measures would be necessary. It could also just be repeated for a joke, but I wouldn't take that chance.

As for Sana, any dig taken at Patreon has my support, they crossed one line too many going after this game when it wasn't even in violation of distributing banned content on Patreon, but was instead using a site Patreon does not have any control over, something they shouldn't even be allowed to do.

And yes, there is likely to be a chapter 4, we are not even into the dark route yet and will be getting into chapter 3 soon, which tells me there is too much to come yet to finish in chapter 3 as we also have the individual purity routes.

The shot from the roof is...How? Is the school situated on a cliff?
In original shot it looks even higher, but I cropped it for the sake of non-spoilering
I can't even tell what I'm looking at, which tells me this isn't necessarily how it naturally appears.

These reworked scenes have been hit or miss for me so far. Some of them are handled better I think but I haven't seen any significant changes aside from actually removing content. Wasn't it supposed to add more, or did I just misread it? One thing I don't like about it so fare is the removal of player choices. What's the point of removing the choice of telling Miku you are into tomboys just to have the MC say he is into everyone now. Or not having the option of waiting in the hall for Rin's event and making the player barge in on her for examples. The game is already severely lacking in the choice department an now there are even fewer.

Over all it still feels like the same game I played over a year ago but with less overall content. I'll admit I haven't gone through all of it yet but I have done a big chunk of it. But it's just been gain points > see next completely scripted scene. I've tried again but it seems this one is too restrictive for me personally.
VERY valuable, the absolute last thing you want a character to do is go out of character...unless they are a yandere, out of character moments are part of their character as they do anything and everything necessary to keep their love interest to themselves. Sensei is NOT a yandere, obviously, so to have him do something not in character at a moment where it is clear nobody else is in control, like another user or the gods, would be a bad thing.

As the story is the most important aspect here, this was a good change to make even if it costs the player sex and/or nudity as those are unimportant side content.

Good points and to each there own but this feels very much like a KN to me. I never really feel like I'm "playing" something I guess. The site's not lacking for games so it's fine I'll just look elsewhere. It's not terrible it's just not for me.
A kinetic novel has no choices that have significant impact, there are choices in this game that have unavoidable impact.

Sadly, I wanted that being homie is canon too, but Sel said otherwise (on stream).
If being a good homie is non-canon, I don't want to be canon until I complete a full run as a good homie.

I'm literally punished by GoD because Rin is my favourite girl. Just when I think I can finally be with Rin after that kiss, Otoha came and everything resetted again. Hell everything is worse because they are making out in front my eyes. Why GoD is so cruel against Rin enjoyers :(
As long as she isn't locked in her room cutting her wrists again, I'll be satisfied, but I do hope to see her get pulled out of this dark spiral she's in at some point.

Reactions: Vizer007

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020
Sadly, I wanted that being homie is canon too, but Sel said otherwise (on stream).
Really. I guess there must be other scenes planned later on.

Though I don't necessarily think any choices provided in a game can be non-canon. The term that probably makes more sense would be the true route.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Why do you think being a homie to Rin is non-canon? You miss an event for her if you aren't one.
Really. I guess there must be other scenes planned later on.

Though I don't necessarily think any choices provided in a game can be non-canon. The term that probably makes more sense would be the true route.
He amended his statement to "less canon." It is more canonical that Sensei will sleep with every girl he can as soon as he can and gets the lust scores up, so the most canonical Sensei is with Sara, Haruka, Maki, and Ami (the currently optional girls), bad homied Rin, saw Prisoner and What a Wonderful World, etc. But it's not noncanon for a Sensei to not experience those. The stuff that would be outright anticanonical for him to do is not a choice, he just won't do it. Every Sensei assaults Yumi on the bridge, every Sensei sleeps with the mandatory girls, etc. So there's no way to derail the plot into noncanon territory, there's just a bundle of different interpretations of Sensei, some of which are closer to the character Selebus imagines than others.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes