Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
It actually does make sense to the story when you consider that this is a Denpa game, a type of horror game that is known to use existential elements such as familiar characters, familiar to other characters anyway, acting in unfamiliar ways. This is the focus of the scene, this is not within the character of Ami at that particular moment as any other participant in the scene knows her, leaning into that existential element of a familiar character acting in an unfamiliar way even though I'm pretty sure the scene itself doesn't take place in the reality of the game, but instead a dream sequence or other non-real plane within the game universe.
Well, again, previous scene was better. At least in my own memory and the feel that it gave me as a new player.
At the time I was a bit confused and was in the "Was it really just a dream?", yes, it gave a bit of a different feel, not denpa at all, but the effect was great, it created suspense. Now? It just screams at us, there is no more feeling that something is wrong, because now we know that something is wrong. But maybe Sel wanted it to be this way and I really wonder how would it be if it was my 1st time playing it...

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Well, again, previous scene was better. At least in my own memory and the feel that it gave me as a new player.
At the time I was a bit confused and was in the "Was it really just a dream?", yes, it gave a bit of a different feel, not denpa at all, but the effect was great, it created suspense. Now? It just screams at us, there is no more feeling that something is wrong, because now we know that something is wrong. But maybe Sel wanted it to be this way and I really wonder how would it be if it was my 1st time playing it...
I actually agree with this and find that a lot of changes Sel did work well as a retrospective experience, but I feel like he kinda didn't anticipate what impression it would leave new players with. For example, I liked previous clock room scene better. It was short and sweet wtf moment. It even colored my impression of the music choices during sex scenes (i know, random), particulary AsobeatSex2. It was as if that track was telling me that there's something sinister beyond the surface, despite being all upbeat. Now the scene somewhat drags, even if I appreciate the early introductions for gods and the Teacher.

Reactions: ansc and Vizer007

Sir Phoenix

Jun 13, 2018
There's a bug in the originally posted version of .24. Sel posted a patch on the subscriber section of the Discord that fixed a few day 1 bugs like that.
Ah, thanks for the heads up. I got around it by looking up the console command to activate the appropriate scene at the appropriate time.

GeneralJo

Aug 30, 2020
So, my last save from way back earlier this year before this update came out was at a screen that simply said 'there is nothing' .....when I load that save, that's all I get...? How do I get past this to get to the new content?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
All I'm saying is that the 'quality being thrown out the window' part of one of my comment does not apply to this game because the focus is not on sex even in scenes with sex such as the reworked Ami scene, where the focus is more on that she is doing something unfamiliar to the rest of the characters in the scene.

As for whether the Denpa element is still there, she is still a familiar character doing something unfamiliar, so it can still be considered a Denpa moment. The change is in how blatantly wrong it feels compared to the more subtle feel of the original, where the original gave us the feeling that something is wrong without outright telling us, the rework outright tells us. That's still Denpa, the rework is just not being subtle about something being wrong.

(NOTE: Red "my comment" text directly links to my previous comment with the original text of what I said for reference purposes)

So, my last save from way back earlier this year before this update came out was at a screen that simply said 'there is nothing' .....when I load that save, that's all I get...? How do I get past this to get to the new content?
As it is now, it seems there is a bug preventing this, but advancing the "there is nothing" text at least once is supposed to unlock the remade scenes in the replay function. There is no content that comes after the "there is nothing" text, this update was entirely for the rework due to how massive it was (something like 170 events were reworked).

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That's the end of it until 8/8.

While a big update did just drop, it's all a rework of the first half of Chapter 1. All of the new events are prior to the first beach event.

Reactions: alex2011

ansc

Jan 16, 2018
I prefer the original beginning tbh. More concise and funny.
I also find the original message regarding the ultimate worth of life ('there is nothing') as being a very provocative 'first note' to start on (even if the game later concludes on a much more positive note about existence. Which it shouldn't, since life is just a countdown to the grave while you distract yourself as best you can or make up lies that make you feel like something that /lasts/)
(provocative!)

Also- the way Maya treated Sensei in the beginning made more sense in the original. Maya tried to /ignore/ Sensei, now she instigates as soon as she thinks its the start of another 'sensei-cycle-thing'? It doesn't make sense... she only acts that way because 'player sensei' IS the actual sensei and when she sensed that she began to both resist it internally (because it 'actually being him' is high stakes, emotionally. Its something both wanted and feared) and send exterior signals of that internal conflict (green scarf event).

Reactions: Old Fart Having Fun

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
Quick UI Suggestion: on the girls' Profile screen and on their Events screen, could you add arrows to cycle to the next/previous girl, so we don't have to click thrice to get to another girl's Events screen?

Thanks for the Chap1 Rework.. means I get to replay and this time not be a bad homie.

tankrak

May 20, 2017
Does anybody know what character did Molly cosplay in the first halloween party? Or is that just a random costume?

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Is there a list of missable events (either here, or on the wiki) and what to do to avoid them?
There are many missable events, sure, but you can easily prevent that by not raising you affection and concentrate on lust until its 30. Just in case. Its the ones that you can miss and dont even know about it until much later.
The other missables are all on yourself. I mean, Tell Karin that you dont fk around with Kirin, fk Ami, fk every side character.
Dont do Chikas Shredinger or something event (15 love points, dorm event) until the beach event or you will be a bad homie and miss some of the events.
And there is a missable happy scene, worry about it when you will be in front of the PC and enter your IP and password when prompted. There is a correct and "another one" that lead to that scene. And another scene behind some options in another reset.
Yeah, thats pretty much it, currently. Maybe missed something, but not really sure.
The list is a bit huge, but if you do what I stated above - I doubt you miss anything.

seymourbuttsordie

May 14, 2022
Has anyone else experienced a glitch where you complete the "chrysalis" mission for miku, and don't receive her phone number? I am a bit dissapointed as she was the only girl left to begin the cascade with the "withering" mission. If anyone has some insight please let me know. Thanks :D

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Has anyone else experienced a glitch where you complete the "chrysalis" mission for miku, and don't receive her phone number? I am a bit dissapointed as she was the only girl left to begin the cascade with the "withering" mission. If anyone has some insight please let me know. Thanks :D
The phone number issue is a bug that has a patch out already, at least for subscribers anyway, not sure if it got leaked.

Reactions: seymourbuttsordie

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020
Does anybody know what character did Molly cosplay in the first halloween party? Or is that just a random costume?
I believe the girls outfits are suppose to be from Genshin Impact.

Fuck if I know. I don't follow anything from Genshin Impact.

Edit: Ah wait, you said first one. I'm sure it's from something but I"m not sure. I don't know if it's from an anime or an anime game.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I believe the girls outfits are suppose to be from Genshin Impact.

Fuck if I know. I don't follow anything from Genshin Impact.

Edit: Ah wait, you said first one. I'm sure it's from something but I"m not sure. I don't know if it's from an anime or an anime game.
Has anyone checked to see if it's a RAiD SHADOW LEGENDS character?

• Haha
Reactions: jamyong

snackman265

Sep 11, 2021
So... After replaying Yasu's dialogue...

What if Ayane actually became an "ANGEL" ???

If Yasu's sermon holds some truth "God" wants to spread his "love" through Sensei's "seed" and eventually the vessels (girls) of his "blessing" could become angels, In her words:

ya "For it just occurred to me that I never finished explaining the role of the woman in all of this."
if bonus == True:
ya "You see Sensei, we’re not just entities meant to consume His love and spread His seed."
ya "We are at first, but not in the end."
ya "The truth is, if we work hard enough and make a big enough dent in the armor of older gods, we graduate and become “Angels.”"
ya "Not angels in the traditional sense with eyes so bright that they could scorch you to death-"
ya "But angels who decide who stays and who goes."
s "Stays where and goes where?"
ya "Here and there, I suppose."

You might be onto something.. for Maya.

I'm replaying the game at the moment, visiting the shrine after the beach event. Sensei is monologuing and says about Maya:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

aeronux

Dec 18, 2021
1659102924022.png

Hi guys, I'm stuck without being able to progress. I believe it is because there are two happy scenes missing. The game has maybe gone too far to bring back the two happy scenes? Is there a way for remedy? Thanks!

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
View attachment 1952867

Hi guys, I'm stuck without being able to progress. I believe it is because there are two happy scenes missing. The game has maybe gone too far to bring back the two happy scenes? Is there a way for remedy? Thanks!
Neither event is officially missed. If it's too late to do an event, it gets a red name that is struck through.

The first one you're missing plays when you select "Go Home" from the dorms without knocking on any doors. IIRC, the other one is tied to a main story event, and if it's not revealed, you simply haven't reached that event yet.

Reactions: aeronux
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes