Jan 23, 2022
I assume this is because certain challenges in the game require sound to progress, and this is obviously inaccessible to the Deaf or hard-of-hearing. He's said on the Discord that he isn't going to redesign the game to account for that, but that people with hearing problems are allowed to ask for help on those specific challenges without running afoul of the rule against asking for help.

As of .24, the game now has a disclaimer when you start it saying that sound is required to progress. It's been on the front page of this thread for years, though.

There's a link to the wiki from the main menu, and the wiki tells you exactly what you need to do to trigger every event in the game. Sure, it's not as convenient as an ingame mod, but it's better than spending hours on 1 event like you say you are.

I stay off-line while playing games, for reasons I need not explain. I appreciate that a Wiki exists, but that just tends to validate my argument more than discredit it... you get me?

Reactions: crustlord12

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
What were the 60 generic event things?
They are weekend events, calls and some dorm visits, like calling Nikiy at night and you get a new generic event with her on a hotel, visiting the girls in the archery range on the weekends, these sort of events.

Reactions: g6107419

MisterBR

Aug 3, 2022
Lessons in Love [v0.25.0 Part 1] [Selebus]

Compressed game for systems:
Windows, Linux and Macintosh

Approximate size is 1.44 Gigas

Windows, Linux and Macintosh :

Windows and Linux
Macintosh

Last edited:

MisterBR

Aug 3, 2022
Lessons in Love [v0.25.0 Part 1] [Selebus]

Compressed game for Android

Approximate size is 1.42 Gigas

Last edited:

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
So, whats the name of the original of notabluearchivesong? Because of this name I am REALLY curious now xD

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
26 will have a part 3, interesting
Probably because the next two updates are massive holiday ones, so there's no convenient way to p1/p2 it without adding another update in the schedule.

The beach and Christmas events being the same update is an interesting choice -- although considering summer just started, it's going to be a much warmer Christmas than they're used to, so might as well do it on the beach.

Reactions: crustlord12

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Wonder how Ayane goes nuts when she realises that halloween and christmas party was...well, they were pretty much a few months ago for them? They didn't had to wait until rewamp like we did afterall xD

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
He has on a number of occasions stated hard of hearing and deaf individuals don't deserve to play this game.

Last time I was on the discord, he specifically said people are *not* allowed to help deaf individuals progress and chastised another member for offering.

There is an interesting caveat to all of this, however. If what you say is correct, then such behavior can actually be reported to Patreon as mis-behavior. Since 2018, Patreon has gone to great lengths to force developers to include accessible options for disabled patreons in their options; placing a site wide ultimatum that all offerings on the site, must be disabled friendly at the very least. This comes out of a lawsuit which Patreon settled, where it had been found that the site wasn't enforcing their own accessibility rules. Patreon lost the case, agreeing to settle out of court, with part of the agreed upon change being strict adherence to their own accessibility rules for both developers and content presented on the site. Part of those rules hold developers accountable for off-site behaviors, such as the developer here (if true) stating disabled people don't deserve to play the game.

Patreon's usual response, if evidence (screen shots of statements, and so on) is provided; is to freeze the patreon payments of all developers of a project, until such time that they submit a disability friendly update, or version of the game. They also begin to regularly spot check the behavior of such developers, with a note being that further action can result in the person's entire patreon being closed and funds returned to the people that paid them.

So, if what you're saying is true, and can be proven; then the developer is playing with fire and risking someone getting pissed enough to report them for their ableist behavior.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
There is an interesting caveat to all of this, however. If what you say is correct, then such behavior can actually be reported to Patreon as mis-behavior. Since 2018, Patreon has gone to great lengths to force developers to include accessible options for disabled patreons in their options; placing a site wide ultimatum that all offerings on the site, must be disabled friendly at the very least. This comes out of a lawsuit which Patreon settled, where it had been found that the site wasn't enforcing their own accessibility rules. Patreon lost the case, agreeing to settle out of court, with part of the agreed upon change being strict adherence to their own accessibility rules for both developers and content presented on the site. Part of those rules hold developers accountable for off-site behaviors, such as the developer here (if true) stating disabled people don't deserve to play the game.

Patreon's usual response, if evidence (screen shots of statements, and so on) is provided; is to freeze the patreon payments of all developers of a project, until such time that they submit a disability friendly update, or version of the game. They also begin to regularly spot check the behavior of such developers, with a note being that further action can result in the person's entire patreon being closed and funds returned to the people that paid them.

So, if what you're saying is true, and can be proven; then the developer is playing with fire and risking someone getting pissed enough to report them for their ableist behavior.
He's already banned from Patreon bc lolis

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019

Selebus has been out of Patreon for a while now, though.

MSPA Judge

Dec 21, 2019
He has on a number of occasions stated hard of hearing and deaf individuals don't deserve to play this game.

Last time I was on the discord, he specifically said people are *not* allowed to help deaf individuals progress and chastised another member for offering.
I see, sad to hear.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I see, sad to hear.
just open up the code and search for dialogue for the scene you’re in. It’s all plain text and easy to follow. You can see what to do. I don’t need it for the sound bits, I use it to translate the hex text, but it could work just the same. Notepad++ is free and will search the game directory pretty quickly for anything you’re trying to find.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020

Eh, doesn't sound truthful to me. Exteregation, maybe. Especially part were "deaf individuals don't deserve to play this game." That's a cartoon villain level of petty. Guy's a pretty big lefty, the type to, at least, publicly support any manner of marginalized folks.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes