iebb03

Jul 22, 2019
Does going back and "fixing" your already well-liked product ever work out well?
If he only updated the visuals sure.
I'm going back to my old pre-rework saves and just pick up where we left off. I'm sorry Selebus wasted so much time making his early-game into a lesser product
I agree that the pacing at the begining in the rework is bad for the reasons that many have listed, but I don't think is all bad, by the time you reached the first reset is essentially the same game and the transition is pretty seamles. My only problem is the Ami sex scene at the begining, and not because you can no longer jerk to it, but because it dumps you the horror aspect of the game without any build up. The Room with Clocks was so iconic in the original because by that point you already have a feel that something was wrong and seeing confirmation of it was kinda satisfying, plus it leaves you hooked on wanting to see more of it. Now is more trippy but it feel like it was done for the old players as it includes stuff that was added later in the game.

Winchester741

Jul 21, 2020
Could somebody tell me what's the last updated version with sex scenes is. I've tried to download & play 25. pt1 but it was Huggy Boy version which didn't support sex.
Is 24. Pt2 the last updated version with sex ?
I've not been playing for a while so I don't know how to distinguish one from the other.

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
This update had a few parts that left my heart beating like crazy. It's very rare for a game to pull emotions off me like this (without cheap jumpscares). That being said I don't think this game is horror...more like..weird drama? It's just not scary at all, and hell I can't play a real horror game to save my life. I just get anxious and quit haha.

Anyway, I got a few things I've been thinking about after this update, mostly related to names.
So it's confirmed that everyone in a family has the same letter on the first and surname, as we see in Makoto, Maki and Masahiro, right? But after replaying this game after Chapter 1 Remake I payed more attention to details and noticed that when you visit Ami's parents, their names are Sekai and Nozomu Ara-something. Which sent me flags because Nozomu is said to be the god that fucked the fleshlight and created humanity, and he might also be Hope, maybe? Then Sekai...well Sekai means World in japanese and if I remember correctly, at some point it's said there are 3 gods: Hope, a god of roots and a god of wires. Now I think it makes sense that Sekai could be a god of roots, like a god of nature or something. And the last one, the god of wires...the god of machines (?). Well I think it might be Sensei. That's why his name is never shown since it probably doesnt start with an "A" like Ami.
Another candidate for a god of wires could be Tsuneyo's grandpa. We never see him but Tsuneyo tells us that he's connected to machines all the time but she never lets us see him. Also she's weird as fuck, seeing those black figures in the beach, so she might be connected to something big.
And the last thing is the mystery girl that appears in some events. I think she's the one we see in a bunch of those fast flashes where you can see a school and a naked girl. I bet her name starts with the letter T.

So yeah, what do you guys think? I just fear that Selebus will just fuck us over and never give definitive answers in the end so we will just keep theorizing for the rest of our lives.

May 19, 2020
Is there a specific way to just target one character lust and love statistic or does it do them all forcefully
I have edited the script so you can target characters individually (also works for everyone):

1662551131464.png

But you can type [character]_love = 100 or [character]_lust = 100 and it'll work..

1662551416166.png

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Could somebody tell me what's the last updated version with sex scenes is. I've tried to download & play 25. pt1 but it was Huggy Boy version which didn't support sex.
Is 24. Pt2 the last updated version with sex ?
I've not been playing for a while so I don't know how to distinguish one from the other.
It's supposed to be the opposite -- 23p2 was the last time there was a Huggy Boy dedicated version. The Patreon got taken down shortly after that, so there's no longer a need to support it.

But Selebus didn't return the pre-rework file structure, so all the sex scenes are still in the /Subscribestar folders, which are missing from the Android and Compressed versions, so they're still Huggy Boy. I don't know why this happens. If you download the full version, you'll get the game as it's meant to be. If you have the previous update installed already, the update-only patch will get you to the current version.

Edited to correct version #

Last edited:
Reactions: Winchester741

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
whats the difference between side characters and main characters? just event priority?
pretty sure all the main girls will eventually have their own path to an ending of some sort. the side girls are still very important to game progression though. there are plenty of main events that are contingent on having seen the events of certain side characters

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
whats the difference between side characters and main characters? just event priority?
Main characters live in the dorm and get more scenes. Whether that has broader implications on the story at large as to whatever these girls "really" are is tough to say. We do have one instance of a side character being upgraded to a main character so far (Kirin)

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Main characters, save for Ami, are mandatory. Their content, including their sex content, is unavoidable, even if you really, truly, despise that character. Ami is the only exception. When they get new content, it usually comes in groups of 4 scenes.

Side characters are optional. Some of the story scenes may be necessary to advance the plot, but whether or not you're sleeping with them is optional. When they get new content, they usually only get 2 new scenes each.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Alright, this has been bugging me to a small degree for months now and i can finally be fucked to type this out. Wtf is the deal with Io? I don't really get her character or her arc, she seems to glom onto Sensei suddenly and without any real reason, projecting a bunch of stuff on to him, she fucking hates people because she fucking hates people and... i just don't get her, she doesn't click in like a puzzle piece, she seems poorly formed and written, actions without motivations, reactions without foundational explanations. I just don't get her, does anyone? And if so, can you explain wtf she is in a way my autistic brain can understand? I'm not looking for a brief summation like "she's just misanthropic", my confusion is not in the parts that make her up but how they all fit together.

Last edited:

SteelMemes

Dec 10, 2019
Alright, this has been bugging me to a small degree for months now and i can finally be fucked to type this out. Wtf is the deal with Io? I don't really get her character or her arc, she seems to glom onto Sensei suddenly and without any real reason, projecting a bunch of stuff on to him, she fucking hates because she fucking hates people and... i just don't get her, she doesn't click in like a puzzle piece, she seems poorly formed and written, actions without motivations, reactions without foundational explanations. I just don't get her, does anyone? And if so, can you explain wtf she is in a way my autistic brain can understand? I'm not looking for a brief summation like "she's just misanthropic", my confusion is not in the parts that make her up but how they all fit together.
I kind of feel that way about all the floor 2 girls except for Kirin and Noriko, but since we've gotten movement on Molly/Tsuneyo the past few updates, I have to imagine that the others will follow and start to come together eventually.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
What's the difference between seeing red and things that hurt event. And how do I go back and get missed event for seeing red?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Alright, this has been bugging me to a small degree for months now and i can finally be fucked to type this out. Wtf is the deal with Io? I don't really get her character or her arc, she seems to glom onto Sensei suddenly and without any real reason, projecting a bunch of stuff on to him, she fucking hates because she fucking hates people and... i just don't get her, she doesn't click in like a puzzle piece, she seems poorly formed and written, actions without motivations, reactions without foundational explanations. I just don't get her, does anyone? And if so, can you explain wtf she is in a way my autistic brain can understand? I'm not looking for a brief summation like "she's just misanthropic", my confusion is not in the parts that make her up but how they all fit together.
Ugh, wish I hadn't borked my save so I could replay her scenes. I'm gonna have to go from memory here.

I don't think she hates people. I think she hates being abandoned, and they can't abandon you if they were never close to begin with.

She's showing signs of having a Favorite Person relationship with Sensei, which is an indicator of Borderline Personality Disorder. All of her self-worth and validation comes from Sensei, from how much time he spends with her to the quality of the time they spend together, and any time when she knows he's with someone else -- in any capacity -- she sees it as a deflation of her worth as a person. This is very dangerous for Io -- Sensei is probably the worst character in the game to have that kind of attachment to. To her, he represents almost a savior -- from solitude and from herself.

I could be off base here. We don't see the extreme anger that can manifest in BPD patients, at least not yet -- but very technically, it's still early. We don't have a lot of 1x1 time with her just yet.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
What's the difference between seeing red and things that hurt event. And how do I go back and get missed event for seeing red?
In Things that Hurt, Yumi doesn't run away.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's based on the Yumiknows flag, which is determine by which event happens first, Yumi's event Abyss, or the trip to the onsen with Chika.

If you did the Onsen trip first, Yumi knows you're dating Chika, and you get Seeing Red. If you did Abyss first, you'll get Things That Hurt.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Ugh, wish I hadn't borked my save so I could replay her scenes. I'm gonna have to go from memory here.

I don't think she hates people. I think she hates being abandoned, and they can't abandon you if they were never close to begin with.

She's showing signs of having a Favorite Person relationship with Sensei, which is an indicator of Borderline Personality Disorder. All of her self-worth and validation comes from Sensei, from how much time he spends with her to the quality of the time they spend together, and any time when she knows he's with someone else -- in any capacity -- she sees it as a deflation of her worth as a person. This is very dangerous for Io -- Sensei is probably the worst character in the game to have that kind of attachment to. To her, he represents almost a savior -- from solitude and from herself.

I could be off base here. We don't see the extreme anger that can manifest in BPD patients, at least not yet -- but very technically, it's still early. We don't have a lot of 1x1 time with her just yet.
Hmmmm. Well i have no experience with BPD people so if Selebus is somewhat modelling her after one then it'd make perfect sense why she doesn't seem to make much sense to me. She definitely seems to hate people though, not actively, just in "i have absolutely no fucking interest in you whatsoever, go away" way. You've helped Bargle but i still feel like i only have a poor understanding of her.

Dc345

May 27, 2020

It's based on the Yumiknows flag, which is determine by which event happens first, Yumi's event Abyss, or the trip to the onsen with Chika.

If you did the Onsen trip first, Yumi knows you're dating Chika, and you get Seeing Red. If you did Abyss first, you'll get Things That Hurt.
Is there a way I can go back and get this scene? My earliest save has the Chika event completed already?

akselx

Mar 29, 2020

I actually didn't noticed when I got Seeing Red at first and thought that that's how the scene goes anyway. Was so proud of Yumi for standing her ground.
Anyway, do u have a background in clinical psychology?
Is there a way I can go back and get this scene? My earliest save has the Chika event completed already?
There's a cheat solution couple of pages back.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes