oblivion9900

Mar 31, 2018
Maybe I just got traumatized by the dam- animatronics and glad to see another one that's into psychological horror, haven't watched this silent hill thingie yet but it looks like supernatural type + psychological?

Oh well, back to diving and watching the red room I go, I need moarrr entertainment while waiting for the normal release
silent hill (the first one anyways) was a really good movie in my opinion. i would really recommend watching it, just beware the sirens.
i got my ex to watch it with me one time, afterwards she was scared of sirens lol.

Im having tons of fun even tho its late as hell and the "thing" known as HOPE kinda just killed to "mood" a little bit! Couldnt look it in the eyes but still was intrigued all the same! So if you are playing "Enjoy the Happy Little Town Where NOTHING Goes Wrong!" Amazing game all the same.. :D
glad you stuck through the story horror aspects of the game. just remember to have fun and that god is dead the world is made for you to destroy enjoy!

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Horror is the most subjective genre out there.
I would say thats comedy.
It’s one thing to show people creepy imagery but what I really want them to do is think.
Pretty much this oblivion9900
Creepy imagery can spook some people, but others won't be so affected. So what keeps them tense instead is the whole puzzle solving behind the imagery.
Although we both actually enjoy trying to solve the puzzle once we get down to it, lol.

oblivion9900

Mar 31, 2018
Pretty much this oblivion9900
Creepy imagery can spook some people, but others won't be so affected. So what keeps them tense instead is the whole puzzle solving behind the imagery.
Although we both actually enjoy trying to solve the puzzle once we get down to it, lol.
well i do enjoy trying to piece things together that's for sure!
and i guess it is a plus that i dont really get scared or creeped out then, leaves more time for theorizing!

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
The only out of place here is the comfortable life we get from stealing someone's body bud', WE just stole it and took advantage of everyone ya know?
But then again, our MC is a socio so we can just manipulate everyone and EVERYTHING @ w@b

Hope-sama and numbers girl nomba wan
I for one, after all the secret events, have come to the conclusion that we didnt steal anyone's body, but rather a guy that literally had enough mental breakdowns from this situation of what seems to be maya induced timeloops (hinted at) his superego and ego have just shut down on him and now his Id which is normally locked away and not capable of self actualizing or identifying itself has control, explaining the "in a new body descriptions" and no real recall of having a body before.

or I am full of shit trying to make this deeper than it is because it makes it more enjoyable to me

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I for one, after all the secret events, have come to the conclusion that we didnt steal anyone's body, but rather a guy that literally had enough mental breakdowns from this situation of what seems to be maya induced timeloops (hinted at) his superego and ego have just shut down on him and now his Id which is normally locked away and not capable of self actualizing or identifying itself has control, explaining the "in a new body descriptions" and no real recall of having a body before.

or I am full of shit trying to make this deeper than it is because it makes it more enjoyable to me
I guess there's someone that needs explanation on the MC's random body takeover or breakdown as you call it,
Maybe Hope-sama can but I doubt "they" will unless Numbers girl or maybe Maya does since the "aware" ones know.

I just want the dam- MC to go psycho mode...again...

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Been trying to pinpoint who Ami reminds me of, and I'd say she's like Kaede from Shuffle! Which kinda makes me worried about her a bit, seeing as how the "Happy Scenes" are in this game.

Also, goddamnit, Rin is such a doll. That is all.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Been trying to pinpoint who Ami reminds me of, and I'd say she's like Kaede from Shuffle! Which kinda makes me worried about her a bit, seeing as how the "Happy Scenes" are in this game.

Also, goddamnit, Rin is such a doll. That is all.
Hahahaha I literally named my cat after Sia from Shuffle!

• Red Heart
Reactions: DrFree

Coren

May 8, 2020
Really cool idea and I'm glad a lot of people seem to like it a lot. Judging from the cute little sprinkle of tags there I wasn't as sure the psycho scenes would be paced as they are. The scenes were pretty well done in their creepy little way, but I don't like the suspense of not knowing at all when shit hits the fan next.

When it is in progress of just blasting the room it's cool.

When I get wound up for a bit then the fan pops and gets me, I'm cool.

When I go 50 in game days knowing I only saw like two re-watchable scenes and I saw like 7 creep scenes it's not cool for me.

It's too off the beaten path for me and I feel like I am being punished too often for playing this like a standard VN but I also don't really have a choice. It doesn't really feel like I'm playing it so much as it's playing me and I have a life for that feeling.

If that's what you are going for, hell yeah you are doing a great job and it's great how it starts out inconsequentially, like any other amnesia scenario, but slowly begins to seep into everything but subtly.

If not, might I suggest some kind of visual tell? Like a filter of subtly lowered resolution or something when the next event is either coming or enough triggers has made the next event ready? It would make the suspense cycle more controllable as you condition your player to respond, sometimes unconsciously if you get the tell right, to a specific stimulus as opposed to turning people like me into nervous chihuahuas who just say fuck it and put the game down.

Either way good work. It's enjoyable. Not enough for me haha! But clearly there is a product of quality here.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
If not, might I suggest some kind of visual tell? Like a filter of subtly lowered resolution or something when the next event is either coming or enough triggers has made the next event ready? It would make the suspense cycle more controllable as you condition your player to respond, sometimes unconsciously if you get the tell right, to a specific stimulus as opposed to turning people like me into nervous chihuahuas who just say fuck it and put the game down.

Either way good work. It's enjoyable. Not enough for me haha! But clearly there is a product of quality here.
Selebus said before that he isn't planning in making a hint system. All we really get as keys is:
"Unlock an event with a girl each 5 affection points reached"
"Some main events need you to have unlocked specific events with specific girls"
So, if you are stuck with some girl or main event, you may need to unlcok other girl's event or main event first.
Sadly some events need you to be at a specific place at a specific time (Like Ayane's still young event needing you to visit her at the dorms on weekend)

Then there are the secret events, whose only clue is "do something irrational"
The second one was basically miraculously found tbh.

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
I'm stumped. Have all events done except Makato's mom, Kaori, and the sixth room girls and have no idea how to trigger any of them.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I'm stumped. Have all events done except Makato's mom, Kaori, and the sixth room girls and have no idea how to trigger any of them.
Sounds like you haven't completed the main events yet. All of those are locked to progress there.
There's a certain part of the story that requires you to find most of the secret events, so that's probably holding you back.

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
Sounds like you haven't completed the main events yet. All of those are locked to progress there.
There's a certain part of the story that requires you to find most of the secret events, so that's probably holding you back.
Seems like I have visited everyone numerous times and nothing new is happening.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
View attachment 806309

Saw this and got super excited for the next update! Can't wait. Read that apparently 2 girls will get Lust events in it, who do you guys think it'll be? Imo one of them will go to Ami.
Since it requires 10 Lust it's a beach battle between Ami, Ayane, Chika, Futaba, and Makoto.

Ami & Ayane seem easy as they have a lot of scenes.
Makoto, Chika, & Futaba have less at a glance so they might be the more rounded options.

Makoto finally getting sex would be nice. Not sure if Chika & Futaba are ready for it.

I'll bet on Ami & Makoto :coffee::unsure:

someremove

May 6, 2020
also, decided to give 2 scenes of this game another replay: the scenes where we visit Ami's parents' graves and Maya resets the world

In the latter scene, we're told the story of Nozomu, a being of light. However, in the former scene, one of the names on the graves is also Nozomu. Something to think about, for sure. What are you setting up, Selebus?

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes