Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Vacation starts on 9/15!

Pledge $5 for instant access when it goes live and TWO UPDATES every single month.
The game is now over 60% of the way to its final stretch goal, and every dollar helps!
Thanks as always for playing and see you at the beach!

beachpromo.png

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
the truth is Selebus writing process involves shrooms and peyote, this in turn, means there is no overall plot just a system of getting blitzed out of their mind and then waking up the next day with the next secret event done
or so I wish

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
You can't fool me, Selebus! Immediately administrating a sugar overload with tht Sana pic to distract us from the Nozomu finding won't work!
Even if all I can think of is patting her head!

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
Look at the event tracker and figure out what you're missing.
Nothing but two one-event side characters (Maki and Kaori) and I can't figure out how to get to them. I give up; tired of running in circles and my head hurts from staring at the screen for so long. Too bad, I was really enjoying the game up to this point.

oblivion9900

Mar 31, 2018
Nothing but two one-event side characters (Maki and Kaori) and I can't figure out how to get to them. I give up; tired of running in circles and my head hurts from staring at the screen for so long. Too bad, I was really enjoying the game up to this point.
if you can provide a save i can take a look and see if i can figure something out for you

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
If that’s all you’re missing the game literally tells you what to do. Try calling people at different times of the day. Call Kaori in the morning. Call Maki at night. GG.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Looks at the tags and sees some of the rarest tags i think ive ever seen... this one could be a mind fuck. About 12 girls no less (thats enough to keep most busy) and sees stretch goal is to DOUBLE that amount.

What is this game? Why have i never heard of it? 2 updates a month? Is the dev remotely sane?

I should give this one a go at the weekend, go in blind with no expectations and be ready for the promised psychological mindfuckery the tags elude to. Often the best games ive played are the ones i know the least about and just... well tried them. I only even got here as someone had a badge on their profile showing they were a supporter of this dev, strange way to go about discovering new games but hey, if its good enough for his money then it must be good enough to at least have a go of eh?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Looks at the tags and sees some of the rarest tags i think ive ever seen... this one could be a mind fuck. About 12 girls no less (thats enough to keep most busy) and sees stretch goal is to DOUBLE that amount.

What is this game? Why have i never heard of it? 2 updates a month? Is the dev remotely sane?

I should give this one a go at the weekend, go in blind with no expectations and be ready for the promised psychological mindfuckery the tags elude to. Often the best games ive played are the ones i know the least about and just... well tried them. I only even got here as someone had a badge on their profile showing they were a supporter of this dev, strange way to go about discovering new games but hey, if its good enough for his money then it must be good enough to at least have a go of eh?
You will enjoy this bud', guaranteed @ w@b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Coren

May 8, 2020
Selebus said before that he isn't planning in making a hint system. All we really get as keys is:
"Unlock an event with a girl each 5 affection points reached"
"Some main events need you to have unlocked specific events with specific girls"
So, if you are stuck with some girl or main event, you may need to unlcok other girl's event or main event first.
Sadly some events need you to be at a specific place at a specific time (Like Ayane's still young event needing you to visit her at the dorms on weekend)

Then there are the secret events, whose only clue is "do something irrational"
The second one was basically miraculously found tbh.
Oh sure. An explicit "do this" is a far cry from a gradual scene post processing as the mind fuckery becomes more and more inevitable. I can understand not wanting to spoil the mystery. A hint doesn't always have to be written or totally unambiguous. perhaps the special scenes are off the beaten path but honestly it's all a bit off the beaten path.

You will have a few states where you are reduced to trying anything, but with those scenes being just uncommon not rare, it's like turning a crank on a jack in the box and you don't know what will pop out of that box instead of being sure it's just a clown. If turning that crank for 20 minutes had something that was pretty off the wall, turning it for 3 hours had something that had a good bit of pant shitting surprise, how do you think a person turning the crank for 10 hours feels? Like they are damn near about to run into some doki doki literature club shit.

Like i said, if it's intentional, great fuckin work! also not for me! but if that isn't the intention then visual warning before putting the balls in the players mouth is just a suggestion.

Jun 24, 2017
Just found this game, and I decided to play through it. I thought it would be a simple dating sim. You know, grind/cheat your stats, pursue a girl, a quick fap. That's how I thought I would be spending my evening.

That is not how I spent my evening. Fuck me, how the hell am I supposed to go back to other H-games now? And why did I discover it now instead of later when it is finished?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Just found this game, and I decided to play through it. I thought it would be a simple dating sim. You know, grind/cheat your stats, pursue a girl, a quick fap. That's how I thought I would be spending my evening.

That is not how I spent my evening. Fuck me, how the hell am I supposed to go back to other H-games now? And why did I discover it now instead of later when it is finished?
Welcome to the waiting squad bud'

Reactions: DrFree

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Like i said, if it's intentional, great fuckin work!
That is intentional and has always been my writing style in this and other games. I understand that it’s not for everyone and I knew that coming into this, but it’s not really something I want to change. The sudden and random genre-shifts in places you wouldn’t expect give the game a unique feeling. I don’t want people to have hints of what could be coming next. I want it to be closer to how life is in general- a series of coincidences, with many of which being horrible or unexpected, but some of them just seemingly unimportant or strange.

The structure is a sort of testament to the game itself in a sense. Both are completely nonsensical and overly technical at times when they probably don’t need to be. Would it be easier to change that? Yeah. Would it make for a more comprehensible story? Probably, yeah. But that’s not what I want this narrative to be, and I think that will only become more apparent in the future.

I totally get it, though! That critique was something I knew I was going to hear when I released this. It’s just how I want it to be.

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
If that’s all you’re missing the game literally tells you what to do. Try calling people at different times of the day. Call Kaori in the morning. Call Maki at night. GG.
Now I'm even more confused. I don't have the ability to call either of them.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Now I'm even more confused. I don't have the ability to call either of them.
If you don't have the ability to call them then you're missing a lot more than just those two events.
Like I said before, you need to find the secret scenes and progress the main story.

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
Every event is checked off except for those two side characters and four of the Happy scenes. What did I miss?

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Every event is checked off except for those two side characters and four of the Happy scenes. What did I miss?
Look at the main events again.
If you're missing four of the happy scenes then you're missing around 14 main events. (Which would mean you're missing another 12 events for Molly and Tsuneyo).
That's a lot more than just 2 events.

Finding the happy scenes is key to progressing the rest of the story and they're all located in places or options you wouldn't normally click on.
Think of it like a scavenger hunt.
There are things hidden where you wouldn't expect them to be. If an option doesn't work, try a different one.
They're not supposed to be easy to find.

Or just scour the comment section or Discord for people who will give you the answer.

Reactions: DrFree
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes