Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I suspect the power goes out at the ramen shack every time he dies and gets forced back to life.
I thought he was the avatar of the god of wires or something? I can't follow the cryptic under story of this game and i get even more lost when i read what you guys manage to theory craft but i'm sure that one has been an operating theory for a while now hasn't it?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I thought he was the avatar of the god of wires or something? I can't follow the cryptic under story of this game and i get even more lost when i read what you guys manage to theory craft but i'm sure that one has been an operating theory for a while now hasn't it?
It's been one of my operating theories, yes. I have several. Some of them are contradictory. I kinda throw everything at the wall and scrape it off when new data invalidates it.

What we know:

The power has gone out at least three times while Sensei's been there, and Tsuneyo speaks of it as if it's happened many more times than that.
The first time it happened, there was a text panel containing only: =)
The second time it happened, reality began to distort around Sensei when he tried to go up the stairs
The third time it happened, Kaori vanished without making a sound in the short time it took the backup generator to get going.
The old man hates spiders (I cannot remember if this is also established in reference to the wire god himself, if it has been, that would definitely connect the two).

Beyond that, we have only Tsuneyo's word to go on, which we have to take with a grain of salt because she may or may not have a full understanding of the situation, and she also may or may not be actively deceiving us.

Everything else is conjecture. Whether he's an avatar of the wire god, or simply someone who's been ensnared by the wire god is unclear.

The smiley face text panel seems to indicate HOPE was intervening

The spiders bit is where I'm hung up. Spiders weren't a big deal in Chapter 1 until the rework, but they suddenly started popping up in a lot of places afterwards. My initial thought was that the spiders were the servants of the Wire God, because the Wire God was originally a guy who spent his life on the internet, and well, webs/www spider pun. But when Tsuneyo calls out that the old man hates spiders, that got thrown into doubt.

If anyone can point me to a reference in game about the wire god specifically hating spiders, I'd appreciate it.

Because if spiders are the agents of the wire god, then the old man's aversion to them is an indicator that he's trapped by the wire god and spiders are his tormentors. If the wire god also hates spiders, then it means they're probably more closely aligned, if not one and the same.

I had intended to take meticulous notes, but after my save file got overwritten, getting caught up took priority so I'm subject to my dubious memory until I have time for another end to end run.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
The spiders bit is where I'm hung up. Spiders weren't a big deal in Chapter 1 until the rework, but they suddenly started popping up in a lot of places afterwards. My initial thought was that the spiders were the servants of the Wire God, because the Wire God was originally a guy who spent his life on the internet, and well, webs/www spider pun. But when Tsuneyo calls out that the old man hates spiders, that got thrown into doubt.

If anyone can point me to a reference in game about the wire god specifically hating spiders, I'd appreciate it.

Because if spiders are the agents of the wire god, then the old man's aversion to them is an indicator that he's trapped by the wire god and spiders are his tormentors. If the wire god also hates spiders, then it means they're probably more closely aligned, if not one and the same.

I had intended to take meticulous notes, but after my save file got overwritten, getting caught up took priority so I'm subject to my dubious memory until I have time for another end to end run.
Spiders appear to be linked to the concerned god; in the fourth reset, if you picked Concerned during Spotless Mind, the version of Book 9 you get has a spider crawl out. The book is also called The Dark and Kaori calls herself The Mistress Of The Dark and has a giant spider tattoo, so Kaori is probably linked to that god herself somehow. And Tsuneyo says that Kaori smells like spiders, too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
wait why cant I have sex with ayane anymore? What did I unintentionally miss?
While neither Sensei nor Ayane specifically agreed to it, during the post-reset events, Maya asked them to conduct an expiriment and NOT have sex until the next reset to see if Ayane shows up on the rooftop again.

After that scene, all penetrative sex options are cut off, but you can still invite her over for some grinding.

This is probably just a temporary thing, as we're getting six lust events and 4 dedicated Ayane scenes over the next 3 updates, so there's plenty of opportunities to let Maya down.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
One thing I did to reduce the grind was every time a new girl gets introduced, I upload my save to a save file editor and set the affection and lust to 100. It doesn't mark the file as a cheater, and it cuts out sooo much needless grinding. If there ever comes an event where having too my affection changes things, then I'll figure it out then. But for now, this is the best way
An easier way to do this is just use the universal renpy mod, 'alt+m', type in their name, boom, change the values, good to go. Really don't get why the URM isn't more popular, it's soooo easy to use, a single tiny .rpa file and it takes out so much annoying busy work. I can't live without it now.
You can also use this mod to set all girls' affection/lust at once (better than universal mod cos you don't need to go through girls one by one) https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-v0-26-0-part-2-selebus.48158/post-8455558 - it is future proof so you don't need to upload/download a new file every time a new girl is added or has their lust content open up either

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
At least with the happy events i kinda know what to expect, but that last Chinami event scared the scared the bejesus outta me.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
At least with the happy events i kinda know what to expect, but that last Chinami event scared the scared the bejesus outta me.
her immune system was checkhov's gun and it had to fire eventually. i just hope after this dark path or whatever is over, there's at least some way forward for her. given that she's a side character though, who knows what will end up happening with her.. we know there's going to be paths for the main girls, but the ultimate fates of those on the side are still up in the air.

Reactions: crustlord12

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I got a sick feeling in my gut when she started complaining about how hot it was inside the mask, because she's never really complained about it to that extent before. Made me worry that she was running a fever.
Er, i might be off but i took that as being because it's now summer. No reason you couldn't be right though.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
She wasn't making these complaints during the first summer, tho
That's true... see this is why i say i'm too dumb for this game, i take everything at face value and assume nothing complex is going on, "oh it's hot? Well it's summer now so that makes sense". Those 'thinking' reactions aren't just for show, i am genuinely left stroking my chin all the time when i read the meta discussions here.

HorseLongShlong

Mar 5, 2022
That's true... see this is why i say i'm too dumb for this game, i take everything at face value and assume nothing complex is going on, "oh it's hot? Well it's summer now so that makes sense". Those 'thinking' reactions aren't just for show, i am genuinely left stroking my chin all the time when i read the meta discussions here.
I don't think its the heat, she keep making all kinds of excuses to get the mask off then says
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She thinks she's gonna die soon but Chika comes back before she get to finish her sentence.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
In real-time contexts like a movie or real world conversation, I struggle with subtext due to my autism, and the only reason I can pick up on it in written media is because I have the time to work at it. I get it.

Reactions: Bingoogus

KO-Kat

Nov 4, 2020
I can't believe he spent 6 months reworking the game and didn't come up with something better than the affection grind to barricade off content.

Reactions: Maldonny

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I can't believe he spent 6 months reworking the game and didn't come up with something better than the affection grind to barricade off content.
That's a feature not a bug. The creator likes that the grind exists and that the players hate it. We're lucky he didn't make it worse

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes