akselx

Mar 29, 2020
It has some good points, unfortunately these good points seem to be overshadowed by in-continuity issues regarding event timings that were not there in the previous version.
I had those impressions too. There wasn't anything contradictory but somehow still felt off about the sequences of events and just the way dialogues lined up from scene to scene. I think Selebus is just not very good at continuity when he does large chunks of content at once.

Reactions: Old Fart Having Fun

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
...if you think this is going to end in all the girls being cool with being the 34th side piece, you've been misreading it.

Once the girls start finding out about each other, heads are going to roll. Possibly literally. Very likely literally.

Selebus gives exactly zero shits about the rules here. When he feels those scenes are appropriate, they'll be part of the base install, and the game will likely vanish from this site.
Game goes from horror to survival horror

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I had those impressions too. There wasn't anything contradictory but somehow still felt off about the sequences of events and just the way dialogues lined up from scene to scene. I think Selebus is just not very good at continuity when he does large chunks of content at once.
The issue is that the original game was written update-to-update, right, but the revamp was done character-by-character, and main events were done last. So there's obvious room for cracks to show in that.

But the writing in the individual events is way better, so I'm fine with the trade.

Reactions: crustlord12

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
he is really good at it imo and before he did the remake he would regurlarly go back and fix continuity errors if any were pointed out... I think the problem here is going back and changing your work is harder to do than making it in real time or just letting it stand as is. overall I liked the way it was before the change a bit more, mainly cause it felt darker, lines of dialogue were changed that said pretty much the same thing but felt... I don't know, softened. most of the changes were done to appease other people anyway and I bet selebus is still really salty over the amount of work put into appeasing them only to get it thrown in his face.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
most of the changes were done to appease other people anyway and I bet selebus is still really salty over the amount of work put into appeasing them only to get it thrown in his face.
Can you expand on that? I'm curious what that's all about.

lertsokul

Feb 27, 2019
im stuck at reset, and wiki did not help. 45 affection at shrine, and i see every weekday as if it was weekend and i see no option to get to school

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Can you expand on that? I'm curious what that's all about.
selebus used to be on patreon. patreon threatened him. his sensible fans told him to abandon patreon because you can't trust them. selebus still wanted that money from patreon and didnt want to move so he spent a massive amount of time changing things. patreon lied. Selebus is no longer on patreon
there is also a skit somewhere in the game I think with sana where she has a mental breakdown ranting about it and some loser tech services person named morgan.

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
im stuck at reset, and wiki did not help. 45 affection at shrine, and i see every weekday as if it was weekend and i see no option to get to school
just keep doing the shrine. I think its behind a random number generated affection level. it took me 70ish affection with god before a new option pops up when in your room

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
selebus used to be on patreon. patreon threatened him. his sensible fans told him to abandon patreon because you can't trust them. selebus still wanted that money from patreon and didnt want to move so he spent a massive amount of time changing things. patreon lied. Selebus is no longer on patreon
there is also a skit somewhere in the game I think with sana where she has a mental breakdown ranting about it and some loser tech services person named morgan.
Not quite. There were two reworks. The first one was hasty, and yes, it was at Patreon's behest, but none of those changes are still in the game. Those changes only ever existed in the sanitized version he made for Patreon, and once you applied the adult content restoration patch, or if you got the game through Subscribestar or Itch.io, there was no trace of Huggy Boy in the game unless you specifically borked your install to make it happen. Huggy Boy hasn't been supported since the Patreon came down.

Literally the only trace of Huggy Boy left in the supported game is Sana's rant, which was added AFTER the Patreon rugpull, and was never part of Huggy Boy itself.

The changes you see in the game today are all changes that Selebus wanted to make, and were part of a rework that he had mentioned wanting to do a year prior to the Patreon nonsense that didn't finally start until the end of Chapter 2.It is wholly unrelated to Patreon, and didn't start development until after the rugpull had already happened.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Oh you were talking about the huggy boy saga, i was here for all of that, i thought you were talking about something coming from his discord sycophants leading to the chapter 1 rework, something i hadn't heard a skerrik about. As Bargle just said, the rework was all Selebus.

Reactions: crustlord12

Varxen

Jun 17, 2017
Fuck it. Okay, I'm going to try playing this game again. I have a massive rape kink and want to pound the shit out of these girls, but everytime I try playing this shit I get jumpscared to the point I can't concentrate...but I'll try again, since this keeps popping out on the front page of the rape tag...One more go it is.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Fuck it. Okay, I'm going to try playing this game again. I have a massive rape kink and want to pound the shit out of these girls, but everytime I try playing this shit I get jumpscared to the point I can't concentrate...but I'll try again, since this keeps popping out on the front page of the rape tag...One more go it is.
Eh, it's more like statutory rape. Sensei is not into forcing someone and the few times he does anything without consent it tears him up.

Varxen

Jun 17, 2017
Eh, it's more like statutory rape. Sensei is not into forcing someone and the few times he does anything without consent it tears him up.
What do you mean by "tears him up"? You mean he stops or am I getting another jumpscare?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Eh. As long as there's a rape scene it's whatever.
None of the rape scenes have any penetration.

The furthest he goes is wanking onto a passed out girl.

It may get more to your liking down the road, though, as the game is starting to take a darker turn, and the MC's losing control of his own body is a thing that's happened a few times, but I think we're probably a year out from the kind of content you're looking for.

Reactions: Varxen
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes