Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Is the sex scene from the very beginning of the game back yet then? or does it still fade to black?
It has no fade to black, it's improved-kinda.
It's still the same Ami riding us with a few more additions. that kind o' thing.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Is the sex scene from the very beginning of the game back yet then? or does it still fade to black?

I suppose i'll download this new version and check for myself. Can find out within a few seconds from starting the game.
The only sex content removed from the game were a lot of the blow job animations.

The dream sequence at the beginning was changed, but it still happens.

Now -- a lot of content only happens if certain flags are set, and gameplay flags are not retained during Replay, so if you were trying to rewatch something in Replay, it may not have played because it was dependent upon a flag, but that's just a Replay thing, the content is still in the game.

Nullbot

Aug 27, 2018
It became unfocused when he added ten more main girls. Now that they've all been introduced and developed, it's tightening up again.

Long story short, there's an audio cue that's needed to progress. Which, no big deal for most of us, but it's kinda shitty for people with hearing issues. His initial response to that take was "don't care." It's evolved over time, and now he's not so shitty about it.

But there's the issue that he is actively hostile to people who ask for any kind of hint. To the point that it gets you kicked off the discord. And he's made such a stink about the game releasing early that we have people making sure the new version leaks here within minutes just to taunt him, which only riles him up more. There's a really strong toxic feedback loop between him and this forum in particular, and both groups share the blame for that.
Thanks!

Well, can't say I'm surprised the writer of a denpa VN has an... unorthodox personality. SCA-Di himself is pretty much insane, judging from his twitter posts (he doesn't seem to be an unpleasant person, though). I was particularly worried because I saw a few people calling him a "YandereDev in the making", but that doesn't seem to be the case (yet, at least), judging from what you told me.

Last edited:

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
The dream sequence at the beginning was changed, but it still happens.
That was what I meant. The 'dream sequence' (which I don't think was really supposed to be a dream at all judging by how things go after that)... Was originally a lot longer and detailed. Now it fades to black after the first frame. Which is highly disappointing. I will give it another try here and see.

magrao121

Apr 1, 2019
Knew about this game for about 1 year and sometimes I return to this thread to look and I always see someone complaining about sex scenes being removed and there's someone answering that its for patreon. god have patience.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Knew about this game for about 1 year and sometimes I return to this thread to look and I always see someone complaining about sex scenes being removed and there's someone answering that its for patreon. god have patience.
lol, Patreon yeeted the game a year ago. The sanitized version of the game was abandoned about 3 heartbeats later.

Reactions: akselx

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Definitely interested in giving this one a try, really intrigued by the tags, not a big fan of horror. I don't mind horror games in general, but in an adult game not sure it's for me. However, I never pass on trying any game with the tags "Harem", "Incest", and "MILF".
I am pretty sure you're not going to like it.
Well, can't say I'm surprised the writer of a denpa VN has an... unorthodox personality. SCA-ji himself is pretty much insane, judging from his twitter posts (he doesn't seem to be an unpleasant person, though). I was particularly worried because I saw a few people calling him a "YandereDev in the making", but that doesn't seem to be the case (yet, at least), judging from what you told me.
He's got the standard obsessive-artist personality traits: he really cares about people experiencing it the way he intended (e.g. struggling to unlock events) and tries to make certain things in the game actively offputting so that only the people interested in the sort of denpa story he wants to tell will keep going (originally the sexual content came a lot earlier and was more straightforwardly erotic, now it comes later and is much more fucked-up).

But you also get the perks of him being an obsessive artist, like "a better release schedule than literally any other H-game dev" and "a really involved story that fleshes out dozens of characters." So you take the bad with the good. He's nowhere in the same galaxy as Yandere Dev.
That was what I meant. The 'dream sequence' (which I don't think was really supposed to be a dream at all judging by how things go after that)... Was originally a lot longer and detailed. Now it fades to black after the first frame. Which is highly disappointing. I will give it another try here and see.
It... doesn't, though. It sounds like you may have been playing the Huggy Boy version, from back when Patreon made him censor the game?

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
I'd say a year (or perhaps more at this point..) Should be plenty enough patience, especially if we are talking about a developer having a temper tantrum and yanking content in retalliation. That's just a bad move all around. There is no need to punish your entire viewer base just to 'get back' on a few troublemakers.

(I believe it's been a lot longer than a year by now... I can't remember the exact date the content was pulled, but it feels like a lot longer than a year.)

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
It... doesn't, though. It sounds like you may have been playing the Huggy Boy version, from back when Patreon made him censor the game?
possibly? I only downloaded the version that was available here though. So i suspect we had the wrong version for a while too then? Like I said, i'm downloading the current one now from the gofile link from the first post. I'll find out in 3 or 4 hours once that finishes.

And yes, Patreon sucks for creators. Use Subscribestar instead.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I'd say a year (or perhaps more at this point..) Should be plenty enough patience, especially if we are talking about a developer having a temper tantrum and yanking content in retalliation. That's just a bad move all around. There is no need to punish your entire viewer base just to 'get back' on a few troublemakers.

(I believe it's been a lot longer than a year by now... I can't remember the exact date the content was pulled, but it feels like a lot longer than a year.)
You seem to be misunderstanding the situation and mixing up rework with patreon family friendly version. He just did two versions of the game (sanitized one and lewd one) for a while to retain spot on Patreon, because they were digging earth beneath him. They dropped him anyway so he droped kid friendly version. He never stopped developing the original lewd one and certainly never pulled content in retaliation.

Reactions: moodle

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

No content was yanked because of a tantrum. Now you're just making shit up.

When he started the game, he wanted to get eyeballs on the game, and felt he had to have some early sex content to make that happen -- that a slow burn would never gain traction. So a couple of the girls jump into sexy time straight out of the gate. But that never sat well with him, so once the game had a following, he started making plans to rework the early game to stretch out the pacing for those girls. He first announced this around the start of chapter 2.

Patreon forced his hand around November/December of 2021, so he had to go through and make a sanitized version of the game for Patreon, with a subscriber patch that would unlock the actual version of the game. That appeased Patreon for all of two months, and in January of last year they deleted the page. Chapter 2 wrapped in February, and he started on the rework he had been planning for over a year at this point. Patreon had nothing to do with the major rework, Patreon had already burned that bridge before work even started.

Sex was removed from the early game because he never wanted it to be there in the first place. He had compromised his vision for the game to get attention early on, and once he had a following, he un-fucked what he believed he had fucked up.

It wasn't a tantrum, it was reshaping the early game to match what he wanted it to be.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
possibly? I only downloaded the version that was available here though. So i suspect we had the wrong version for a while too then? Like I said, i'm downloading the current one now from the gofile link from the first post. I'll find out in 3 or 4 hours once that finishes.

And yes, Patreon sucks for creators. Use Subscribestar instead.
Ever since the Huggy Boy incident, there's been an issue with compressed/Android files. Unless the person doing the conversion is making sure they get included, two folders get left out that censor the game. So you may have thought you were downloading the proper version, and accidentally gotten a censored version instead.

Reactions: moodle

lardtree90

Feb 16, 2018
Do you mind telling me what happened? I haven't been in this thread in a long time and am out of the loop.
Short version is the dev dislikes the game being pirated when it's literally released for free and the subscription is just to get it early. While anyone using this site coming out against piracy is probably going to be shouted down and while I may not agree with this dev on everything, I can't blame him for being pissed at something that cuts into his pay when that something can be gotten for free if people could just fucking wait a bit. I personally use this site to try out games to see if they are worth paying for and see what the update schedule is like. I've been a patron of this game since something like update 8.0 and don't regret it even if I don't like everything in the story.

That being said, a forum full of pirates who get offended at the mere suggestion of paying for something probably is going to clash with a dev who has the sheer gall to voice their displeasure at potential loss of revenue. The dev's admittedly large ego doesn't do them any favors in this regard.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes