barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
This isn't Lessons in love. It's the censored Legend of huggy boy version. Can you add the uncensored version?
To narrow down the exact reason this is happening:

The game/images/subscribestar and game/scripts/subscribestar are the missing folders. They get ignored during compression unless you are specifically adding them.

van321

Jan 7, 2021
What I find most interesting about this update is the implication of Yasu's strangeness, that "he is here!" She is aware of the time jump, and she knows divine forces are acting throughout the two days at the beach. Yet... HOPE is nowhere to be found. HOPE is the god that wants Sensei to just use the girls and dispose of them. It is... Sekai who is present throughout these beach events, and the character progression for Sensei in these last two special event chains has been: "these girls matter, how they feel matters, that they love me matters." Whether it's Sekai manipulating him into paying more attention, or the "ghost" of "Sekai" the teacher, his brother's wife, reigniting past trauma and causing him to burst apart that nihilistic lustful attitude, Sensei's emotional eyes are opening.

This is going to open romance avenues for the characters who lack strong sexual desire for Sensei (Touka, Otoha, Rin, Io, Tsuenyo), cause characters with strong romantic bonds with Sensei to grow (Chika, Ayane, Maya, Noriko, Futaba), and cause characters with shaky relationships built on lust to break even more amidst the changing behavior (Ami, Makoto, Kirin, maybe Uta and Sana). Whether wrong or right, the story is going to take a different turn with Sensei clearly opening himself up more.

Another thing to ponder... was that really Tsuneyo? Or was it Daisy? From a narrative standpoint, it makes more sense for it to actually be Tsuneyo, since her character has showed zero progression for a long time and Tsuneyo being, as she says, a complete foil to Sensei, in understanding completely how others feel about her but being completely unable to understand how others are feeling about themselves, gives her a major role in Sensei's development in the next act.

On the topic of Yumi, in the event "Abyss", after forcing Sensei to be forward with her, HOPE tells Sensei HOPE knows Yumi by a different name, with an interesting line: "she looks scared; but she always looks scared when she is with you; the same way you always looked scared when you were with her." In the newest event "Moon-Touched", Yumi says she can't ignore how she feels anymore, "calling you out here in the middle of the night just so I can talk to you. That ain't shit I want to do... but it's shit I feel like I have to do and I don't get why I suddenly feel like that." Could just be a confession to her harboring muddled feelings for Sensei, or it could be indicative of her awareness that she suddenly has the impulse to do things completely against her normal character. And they finally complete the conversation that kept causing them to glitch out again, and again, and again, for two months. But... what is now different? Well, what was different that caused Sensei to not glitch out when talking with Maya about love? Sekai is present. It was glitching with Yumi that caused this unprecedented multi-character time jump in the first place. The theory has been raised before of a connection of some kind between Yumi and Sekai; this update, IMO, strengthens those theories.

justsomeguy1754

May 30, 2017
I see everyone talking about how nozomu is sensei's brother. I must have totally missed when that's alluded to, anyone know which events I should replay to learn more about that?

Reactions: crustlord12

anon198765

Apr 18, 2020
So Im looking at an inability to get Wither, because I didnt flag Made Out of Nothing for Kirin, and it skipped it and left it black instead of green, and It cant progress

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
I'm starting believe that the Kumon-mi we are experiencing is a form of purgatory/pocket universe and that all the people in it have all died after a certain point in real world. When or how not quite sure. But sure that Maya was the 1st to be placed in and real Sensei was last.

I believe for sure that Sensei is Ami's dad. I think the accident that killed Ami's mom and Sensei's Brother was cause by the truth of Sensei being Ami's dad coming out.
I think Sensei dumped/ghosted Niki when he started with sleeping Ami's mom.
I think Nodoka's mania was given to her to stop her from seeing what beyond the boundary
I think next reset will have Sensei and Maya needing Ayane to go to the roof but also finding out that Makoto, Futaba, Ami, Chicka, if not the entire dorm 1st floor, are also freely wandering around the broken world lost and are needed on the roof to complete the reset.
The Trinity of HOPE, Sekai and the Doppleganger girl makes sense.
Sekai = God of Wires? (because of how she manipulated Makoto and Futaba in threesome scene)

the two silhouette angles, the ones that say: "ssssssss" and "kkkkkkkk", are Sensei's unborn children. (far fetched therory)

Last edited:

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
To narrow down the exact reason this is happening:

The game/images/subscribestar and game/scripts/subscribestar are the missing folders. They get ignored during compression unless you are specifically adding them.
It's more a case of removing lines in options.rpy before building the apk. These:
build.package('pc-subscribestar', 'zip', 'windows linux all subscribestar', 'PC including SubscribeStar exclusives')
build.package('mac-subscribestar', 'app-zip', 'mac all subscribestar', 'Mac including SubscribeStar exclusives')

build.classify('game/scripts/subscribestar/**', 'subscribestar')
build.classify('game/images/subscribestar/**', 'subscribestar')
Compression shouldn't be reading and interpreting from game scripts, at least the compressor I built doesn't.

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
On the topic of Yumi, in the event "Abyss", after forcing Sensei to be forward with her, HOPE tells Sensei HOPE knows Yumi by a different name, with an interesting line: "she looks scared; but she always looks scared when she is with you; the same way you always looked scared when you were with her."
I don't think that was HOPE. That was "pareidolia". Another "god" of sorts. The lowercase one. HOPE only uses uppercase.

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
So, it seems Sensei, or rather Akira, and Ami might not be blood-related. Quite surprising, as I hadn't noticed any signs of that.

Ami's persuasion was pretty good. Almost pushed me to regret doing the good uncle run as my only run. And a substantial part of that persuasiveness came from how fucking scary she can be; instead of lust.

While missing the sizable amount of lore behind Ami's events is a shame, seeing the author emphasize things such as the fact that not banging Ami will bring disastrous consequences and seemingly having been playing Lessons in Love "incorrectly" is intriguing.

A sort of an incentive to remain steadfast in the "good uncle" route, I guess.

But well, If she's really not his blood-related niece... perhaps I should replay the game.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
So, it seems Sensei, or rather Akira, and Ami might not be blood-related. Quite surprising, as I hadn't noticed any signs of that.

Ami's persuasion was pretty good. Almost pushed me to regret doing the good uncle run as my only run. And a substantial part of that persuasiveness came from how fucking scary she can be; instead of lust.

While missing the sizable amount of lore behind Ami's events is a shame, seeing the author emphasize things such as the fact that not banging Ami will bring disastrous consequences and seemingly having been playing Lessons in Love "incorrectly" is intriguing.

A sort of an incentive to remain steadfast in the "good uncle" route, I guess.

But well, If she's really not his blood-related niece... perhaps I should replay the game.
I want to know exactly what she says in good uncle route to make people think this

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Honesty, that's just one way to interpret what she said.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To me, "boy do i have a bad news for you" imply something different than them not being blood related.
Damn... she's waaaay crazier when she isn't getting the dick...

Like, i get she's the same nuts either way but at least she's venting the crazy into sex instead of being stuck just holding it...

• Haha
Reactions: jamyong

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
Honesty, that's just one way to interpret what she said.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To me, "boy do i have a bad news for you" imply something different than them not being blood related.
What I find Interesting about this, is that Selebus deliberately put this line of dialogue only in the good uncle route. You don't get it if you fuck Ami. Which makes me wonder if you will ever find out the truth of those words in the "bad uncle" route.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
So I'm looking at an inability to get Wither, because I didn't flag Made Out of Nothing for Kirin, and it skipped it and left it black instead of green, and It can't progress
I'm at the same position, though for different reason. I'm unable to start Wither despite having all requirements done. Kaori is never available when I try to call her at night. Only thing that I think which might be blocking my advancement is earlier Happy scene A Time When Things Were Horrible which is red and with strike-through. Or that non-subscribe star version few updates back, from which sex scenes were removed. I think I started it again and played nsfw version, but there's some chance that it fucked my saves.

So, would anyone be kind enough to provide save-file where Wither event has just started? Otherwise I'll have to give up this game. I've surely tried to get event started long enough.

Perhaps Selebus should think again if it really is necessary to have so many requirements for the events. Just let people miss things and not let it wreck the whole game. Or preferably, remove the whole sandbox element.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Perhaps Selebus should think again if it really is necessary to have so many requirements for the events. Just let people miss things and not let it wreck the whole game. Or preferably, remove the whole sandbox element.
Lmfao... if you knew the kind of dev Selebus is... that statement is fucking hilarious.

Reactions: crustlord12

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'm starting believe that the Kumon-mi we are experiencing is a form of purgatory/pocket universe and that all the people in it have all died after a certain point in real world. When or how not quite sure. But sure that Maya was the 1st to be placed in and real Sensei was last.

I believe for sure that Sensei is Ami's dad. I think the accident that killed Ami's mom and Sensei's Brother was cause by the truth of Sensei being Ami's dad coming out.
I think Sensei dumped/ghosted Niki when he started with sleeping Ami's mom.
I think Nodoka's mania was given to her to stop her from seeing what beyond the boundary
I think next reset will have Sensei and Maya needing Ayane to go to the roof but also finding out that Makoto, Futaba, Ami, Chicka, if not the entire dorm 1st floor, are also freely wandering around the broken world lost and are needed on the roof to complete the reset.
The Trinity of HOPE, Sekai and the Doppleganger girl makes sense.
Sekai = God of Wires? (because of how she manipulated Makoto and Futaba in threesome scene)

the two silhouette angles, the ones that say: "ssssssss" and "kkkkkkkk", are Sensei's unborn children. (far fetched therory)
Some of these are definitely viable, but Sekai is not the wire god, she is an angel of Nozomu. That threesome scene is titled "Toys," and the angels and Sekai essentially turned the three into living sex toys. This is in line with Nozomu, who used a sex toy to create the world. The angels have also been established as servants of Nozomu from very early on.

I also don't think we'll see more than one new girl on the rooftop in any given reset.

Nodoka's awareness only manifests during the mania, so the awareness is a side effect of the mania, not an attempt to blockade her from figuring something out.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes