k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Next dorm war Tsuneyo has to compete in karaoke and sing Country Road.
I feel like all the girls are better by their relation with Sensei. Like they would hurt more without him than they will with him, even Yumi, only the wizards I worry about.
Also I think the last side girl might actually be Ayane's mom.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Next dorm war Tsuneyo has to compete in karaoke and sing Country Road.
I feel like all the girls are better by their relation with Sensei. Like they would hurt more without him than they will with him, even Yumi, only the wizards I worry about.
Also I think the last side girl might actually be Ayane's mom.
I suspect that the last side character is the best maid in Kumon-Mi.

There was a whole thing about Ami and Uta agreeing that Sensei must not meet her under any circumstances, and typically you don't toss something like that in unless it's going to be relevant later.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Wardtnaci

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I suspect that the last side character is the best maid in Kumon-Mi.

There was a whole thing about Ami and Uta agreeing that Sensei must not meet her under any circumstances, and typically you don't toss something like that in unless it's going to be relevant later.
BEHOLD!
THE BEST MAID IN KUMONMI!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

you know you would

it has REAL beams too... not a flavor one, just a lazer one, but it does have a flavor compartment

Last edited:
Reactions: Axismundi

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
The best maid in Kumon-mi is already one of the girls, did you not watch the last dorm war?
You obviously don't have eyes. She kept flip-flopping back-and-forth between the tsundere treatment and the deredere treatment, and consistency should be one of the bare minimum requirements of being a maid.

SadCoomer

Sep 26, 2020
I can't believe you are all actually sleeping on the best maid of Kumon-mi and of all time-loops, the one and only Geoffrey

Jay Williams

Aug 1, 2018
What's the solution to the quest "word of the day?" I've gotten the "swallowed a spider" part already, but don't know how to progress.

nomjik11

Aug 6, 2020
1674095680717.png

I'm unfamiliar with the works of Shel Silverstein, so I'm curious as to what this is referencing? Thanks. These types of references always tweak my curiosity.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
View attachment 2321663

I'm unfamiliar with the works of Shel Silverstein, so I'm curious as to what this is referencing? Thanks. These types of references always tweak my curiosity.
IIRC, this is when he's referencing Where the Sidewalk Ends, which is a metaphor for the shift from the carefree nature of youth and the responsibilities of adulthood, and how every child understands there's a moment where they'll have to grow up.

Adulthood is portrayed as a dark and scary place, and by contrast youth is seen as bright and fanciful. And the poem encourages adults to view life through the lens of a child to find the joy in the world -- which is essentially what Sensei is doing.

Not spoken within the poem is the inverse of that -- children viewing the world the the eyes of an adult and feeling the existential dread. Which is what some of the girls are starting to do -- Makoto in particular, but a few of the others have as well.

I'm not sure what the guard rail reference is. I don't recall any references to one in any of his poems.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
View attachment 2321663

IIRC, this is when he's referencing Where the Sidewalk Ends, which is a metaphor for the shift from the carefree nature of youth and the responsibilities of adulthood, and how every child understands there's a moment where they'll have to grow up.

Adulthood is portrayed as a dark and scary place, and by contrast youth is seen as bright and fanciful. And the poem encourages adults to view life through the lens of a child to find the joy in the world -- which is essentially what Sensei is doing.

Not spoken within the poem is the inverse of that -- children viewing the world the the eyes of an adult and feeling the existential dread. Which is what some of the girls are starting to do -- Makoto in particular, but a few of the others have as well.

I'm not sure what the guard rail reference is. I don't recall any references to one in any of his poems.
I think its in reference to his poem 'the bridge' where it talks about a bridge that can only take you halfway to a land of unicorns and magic and you have to do the last few steps alone.... its thought to be an allegory for suicide by some people

if you walk halfway across a bridge and it only takes a few more steps to get to your destination and you have to take those steps alone...
yeah, think about it
the guys a poet, you think about word play and hidden meaning a lot, i seriously doubt he wrote that without knowing what it could/does allude to

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think its in reference to his poem 'the bridge' where it talks about a bridge that can only take you halfway to a land of unicorns and magic and you have to do the last few steps alone.... its thought to be an allegory for suicide by some people

if you walk halfway across a bridge and it only takes a few more steps to get to your destination and you have to take those steps alone...
yeah, think about it
I had forgotten about this one. I remember the controvery over the interpretation, though. I'm pretty sure you're right about the reference.

The poem itself I don't think Silverstein ever intended to be read that way. That's a very natural way for an adult to interpret it, but a child (unless they're insanely literal) is likely thinking in terms of a magical bridge, not a literal one.

I think Sel's using both interpretations within this reference though. You can search for the beauty in the world, or you can step off the side. Either way, you're taking those final steps on your own.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I had forgotten about this one. I remember the controvery over the interpretation, though. I'm pretty sure you're right about the reference.

The poem itself I don't think Silverstein ever intended to be read that way. That's a very natural way for an adult to interpret it, but a child (unless they're insanely literal) is likely thinking in terms of a magical bridge, not a literal one.

I think Sel's using both interpretations within this reference though. You can search for the beauty in the world, or you can step off the side. Either way, you're taking those final steps on your own.
considering sensei's 'world view' at the time he said this though. I'm pretty sure the context of what sensei was saying is 'she could go commit suicide'

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Rin and Karin are not the same person.
Karin is a character you probably maybe have not been introduced to yet?

but yeah aside from missing out on events with Rin, Rin no longer trusts you and it changes dialogue throughout most of the game. I would actually say its the most impactful miss-able event. and all because you couldn't ignore chika's event schadenfreude till after the beach event.

OH
bang Sara and do her events or you might lose some Sana events

• Sad
Reactions: ganesha2407
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes