LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
A statement made by Selebus on discord following the recent events. Now with 40% less hostility.

View attachment 2368169
I'll focus on the sentence where he says it isn't greedy for him to want to have people pay for a product he's selling, because it's the only important thing in his rant. So yet again he's shot himself in the foot. The fact he freely admits to committing and profiting from piracy while trying to say he's a victim of it wasn't the brightest thing to do. Especially in a statement from his personal account like this.

The reason why this and any other game like it won't ever make it to steam, is because Illusion would demolish them in court and take everything that they have. For stealing from them and committing piracy. The reason why indie developers like Selebus get away with robbing the company's assets and selling it on as their own is because getting paid monthly donations on Patreon or SS isn't legally the same as directly selling it on the market with a set price to be paid. He is without a doubt the most toxic, self destructive and un-self aware developer I've ever seen in my life.

Nobody asked him to send his minions to harass an entire forum, or to share the mods email in his discord and tell everyone to mass spam it. He did that himself. And now he complains like a baby when attacking the people he hates doesn't work out for him. He needs to live with his choices.

Black Raven

May 4, 2020
He's on a break, but he's coordinating hate raids and you yourself reposted the gigantic rant he just wrote
Well he's entitled to do whatever the fuck he wants while on his break ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure you're also grossly overestimating the time all of this actually took him, can't be more than a few hours total.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
I think vitriol might be an understatement given that several discord members in Pat Chat wanted to zipbomb F95 users.
Very well-reasoned, high-level discourse. Man, isn't it the peak of irony that literally every single person there values their account here too much to bring that kind of rhetoric outside of their hugbox? Incredible :ROFLMAO:

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
this thread is so much better when the discussion revolves around lore theory and predictions about the game. even the constant requests for puzzle answers and how to escape the broken world is better than a lot of the moral grandstanding that these Selebus vs The World discussions tend to produce. I admit it can be entertaining but it definitely drags on for far too many pages everytime this thread gets off track.

a lot of yall seem to not only be obsessed with Selebus drama, but also with other users here and their positions within that drama. it's kind of weird

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
So... will Yumi get her 10k$?
and if so...
What's she gonna waste it on?
I sure hope she does. I feel like she would help Chika with some expenses, or maybe even help them get a new apartment. She might get Sensei a present as well, which would be an adorable scene that he definitely does not deserve.

I could also see her buying a bunch of shit to resell at a higher price. She is a businesswoman, after all.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
this thread is so much better when the discussion revolves around lore theory and predictions about the game. even the constant requests for puzzle answers and how to escape the broken world is better than a lot of the moral grandstanding that these Selebus vs The World discussions tend to produce. I admit it can be entertaining but it definitely drags on for far too many pages everytime this thread gets off track.

a lot of yall seem to not only be obsessed with Selebus drama, but also with other users here and their positions within that drama. it's kind of weird
I'm sure there'll be more game discussion when there's more updates released. Pretty much every thread goes off topic when there's a hiatus.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
I sure hope she does. I feel like she would help Chika with some expenses, or maybe even help them get a new apartment. She might get Sensei a present as well, which would be an adorable scene that he definitely does not deserve.

I could also see her buying a bunch of shit to resell at a higher price. She is a businesswoman, after all.
Not sure if a gift for sensei, i doubt... but i wouldnt be surprised if she wants to pay the phone bills back to sensei so she feels she doesnt own him anything.
Also, im sure pampering Chinami is a given.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018

The drama is simply the most recent and interesting thing to happen, so of course people are going to talk about it. The last update has already been discussed and dissected by the people who frequently browse this thread to death, so besides the occasional new guy asking what the word of the day is, there's not a lot of boobs and puzzles to talk about. When the new update drops, the thread will shift back to how it was before.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
You just give him idea.Also why he start saying the piracy is bad,yes piracy is bad but even developers forums indie developers trying put some ground discussion.
Good snippet.

I think you're greatly overestimating the impact of piracy on your game sales. I mean look at your graph, your problematic sales section looks like post-sale depression and looks in line with your before sale trend. I think if you start going down the path of blaming external factors for your lack of sales it's a red flag. Piracy isn't going to be statistically significant, like I doubt you lost even 2 (real) sales from piracy. I ultimately think concerning yourself about piracy is a waste of time.

• Game Dev Tycoon's method was a viral marketing strategy and really it's just punching 10 year old child's in the stomach for not having their parent's credit card. I know if feels good squeezing every dollar out of people but sometimes you should accept the people who pirate your game WERE NOT going to buy your game. It might be an opportunity to analyze why someone might prefer to chance viruses over paying retail price for your game however, outside of the obvious fact that they can't afford it.
Soft impact and work with conscience and guilt.
  • The people who can be guilted over piracy will not torrent your game. You're simply stroking your own ego when you implement such things.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The drama is simply the most recent and interesting thing to happen, so of course people are going to talk about it. The last update has already been discussed and dissected by the people who frequently browse this thread to death, so besides the occasional new guy asking what the word of the day is, there's not a lot of boobs and puzzles to talk about. When the new update drops, the thread will shift back to how it was before.
I'd say i could back this up, the thread was mostly dead for about a week before this new drama, a few posts a day helping with puzzle answers and basically nothing else. Things definitely picked back up when... darkdaemonx? I think that's his name, was getting all public with sharing the care packages.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
Good snippet.

Yep. And in the case of a game like this where people aren't going to discuss in polite company and sales on platforms like steam are pretty much impossible - you need some platform for word of mouth. I know I sure as hell would not have heard about this game if it weren't for the site. And that did ultimately result in me subbing for the game for a few months before I realized Sel is an ass.

I'm not really sure where you would even go to discuss this game otherwise. 4chan maybe? And good luck convincing any of those guys to actually pay.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Not sure if a gift for sensei, i doubt... but i wouldnt be surprised if she wants to pay the phone bills back to sensei so she feels she doesnt own him anything.
Also, im sure pampering Chinami is a given.
That would be a great way to get her go blank, since she will see that sensei paid for their phones for about 2 years now, she is not even knows him for that long (in her memory), and the amount of money she would need to pay will shock her even more, so, she will snap out of those 2+ years and will have her full attention there

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
I would say she might use it to pay for Chinami's funeral but it's probably still a bit early for that
As much as the Dev. is being a bad person about not being grateful enough to be getting as much as gets for being creative and sharing his art while not having to worry about struggling on by with a real job. He's not as bad as killing off a 5000 year old wizard whose adorable quirks is to refer to herself in the 3rd person while portraying herself to be less smart than she actually is.

• Angry
Reactions: Black Raven

ComplexOne2

Jul 25, 2017
As much as the Dev. is being a bad person about not being grateful enough to be getting as much as gets for being creative and sharing his art while not having to worry about struggling on by with a real job. He's not as bad as killing off a 5000 year old wizard whose adorable quirks is to refer to herself in the 3rd person while portraying herself to be less smart than she actually is.
Sel's meant to be grateful that his game updates leak within an hour of posting and he's meant to be grateful for the care packages leaks? heck the care packages only exist as a compromise to the leaking situation but even that wasn't enough.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes