Black Raven

May 4, 2020
As much as the Dev. is being a bad person about not being grateful enough to be getting as much as gets for being creative and sharing his art while not having to worry about struggling on by with a real job. He's not as bad as killing off a 5000 year old wizard whose adorable quirks is to refer to herself in the 3rd person while portraying herself to be less smart than she actually is.
Ok i know most of the last few pages are speculation on the theme "Is Selebus actually Satan ?" but here i was strictly talking about the game itself. The occasional 4th wall breaking is one thing but Selebus will never change the actual story because of some drama.

I also strongly disagree with the idea that Chinami eventually dying means Selebus is a bad person like, what the actual fuck ? Plenty of sad things happens in plenty of movies/books/games etc and linking that to the author's morals is insane.

I think Chinami's illness will definitely get worse at some point (see the event where she coughs). Whether she actually dies or not is still up in the air but considering the kind of story this is it would not be surprising at all.

Reactions: SymbolicSalad

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
As much as the Dev. is being a bad person about not being grateful enough to be getting as much as gets for being creative and sharing his art while not having to worry about struggling on by with a real job. He's not as bad as killing off a 5000 year old wizard whose adorable quirks is to refer to herself in the 3rd person while portraying herself to be less smart than she actually is.
Oh, please. She WILL die (or get a bad asthma attack/get into anaphylactic shock) at some point in Sensei's presence or because of his negligence, you know it. This story bit is basically writing itself.
Sel's meant to be grateful that his game updates leak within an hour of posting and he's meant to be grateful for the care packages leaks? heck the care packages only exist as a compromise to the leaking situation but even that wasn't enough.
No, he's meant to accept that it is not a personal attack on him, that every dev of popular game have he same problems.

ComplexOne2

Jul 25, 2017
Ok i know most of the last few pages are speculation on the theme "Is Selebus actually Satan ?" but here i was strictly talking about the game itself. The occasional 4th wall breaking is one thing but Selebus will never change the actual story because of some drama.

I also strongly disagree with the idea that Chinami eventually dying means Selebus is a bad person like, what the actual fuck ? Plenty of sad things happens in plenty of movies/books/games etc and linking that to the author's morals is insane.

I think Chinami's illness will definitely get worse at some point (see the event where she coughs). Whether she actually dies or not is still up in the air but considering the kind of story this is it would not be surprising at all.
I mean he has gone out of his way a few times now to include his hatred of this place through the characters though I guess that hasn't changed the story much.

As for Chinami? Pretty certain we're still getting sexual content involving her, certainly not my cup of tea but it seems fairly likely to happen.

ComplexOne2

Jul 25, 2017
Oh, please. She WILL die (or get a bad asthma attack/get into anaphylactic shock) at some point in Sensei's presence or because of his negligence, you know it. This story bit is basically writing itself.

No, he's meant to accept that it is not a personal attack on him, that every dev of popular game have he same problems.
I see your point, though some people here DO make it personal considering the childish responses they give whenever Sel gets upset, it will be interesting to see what changes after Sel's return.

Black Raven

May 4, 2020
I mean he has gone out of his way a few times now to include his hatred of this place through the characters though I guess that hasn't changed the story much.
I really can't remember any instance where it changed the story at all. Could be that my memory is just bad though so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

As for Chinami? Pretty certain we're still getting sexual content involving her, certainly not my cup of tea but it seems fairly likely to happen.
I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that all 35 characters will get their routes with sexual content. It doesn't mean she won't die at some point(s). She can die in the harem/dark route and then be resetted back to life. She can die as a part of some other character's route. For example maybe the Yumi route will have Chinami dying from her illness and Chika kill herself as a result.

Thinking about it, i'm honestly having a hard time picturing a Yumi route where Chika lives. How would that work, really ? If Sensei and Chika are still "dating" Yumi won't interfere. If they break up Yumi will hate Sensei for breaking Chika's heart. But if Chika dies (and it's not Sensei's fault) then Yumi ending up with Sensei suddenly makes a lot of sense. I suppose it's also possible for Yumi and Chika to have a massive falling out but i find that less likely.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Hi guys, need help in the event a life of prizes, please tell me what to do if i opened all the books, entered the correct password on the computer, but when you unlock all puzzle answers, it gives the following "Sorry this feature is only available to Lessons in Love premium members" how to get through plz help??:cry:
U need to subscribe for 199$/month to get premium content.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It doesn't mean she won't die at some point(s). She can die in the harem/dark route and then be resetted back to life. She can die as a part of some other character's route. For example maybe the Yumi route will have Chinami dying from her illness and Chika kill herself as a result.

Thinking about it, i'm honestly having a hard time picturing a Yumi route where Chika lives. How would that work, really ? If Sensei and Chika are still "dating" Yumi won't interfere. If they break up Yumi will hate Sensei for breaking Chika's heart. But if Chika dies (and it's not Sensei's fault) then Yumi ending up with Sensei suddenly makes a lot of sense. I suppose it's also possible for Yumi and Chika to have a massive falling out but i find that less likely.
Nobody has actually died inside the bubble. Tsuneyo's father is the closest we've gotten, and honestly, I think he's a foreshadowing of Chinami's fate -- hovering right at the point of death indefinitely, but never crossing over.

Makoto has tried to kill herself multiple times and it never works. We literally see it play out in Bluejay.

Death is not allowed in Kumon-Mi. No matter how much the living may wish for it.

And if someone managed to die despite all that -- they'd be fine as of the next reset. If the resets can un-impregnate Ayane, they can also un-murder whoever got in Ami's way.

As for Yumi -- she may or may not know about how Chika feels about Sensei right now, and that's based entirely on your decisions. If you got the extended locker room scene with Yumi and Nodoka, she doesn't know yet, and some form of relationship with Yumi is likely. And if she's already IN the relationship and emotionally invested when she finds out, it'll be too late. We'll get some conflict, possibly a resolution. Maybe a throuple, maybe two equally broken hearts.

Honestly, a Yumi/Chika throuple is the optimal outcome.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Nobody has actually died inside the bubble. Tsuneyo's father is the closest we've gotten, and honestly, I think he's a foreshadowing of Chinami's fate -- hovering right at the point of death indefinitely, but never crossing over.

Makoto has tried to kill herself multiple times and it never works. We literally see it play out in Bluejay.

Death is not allowed in Kumon-Mi. No matter how much the living may wish for it.

And if someone managed to die despite all that -- they'd be fine as of the next reset. If the resets can un-impregnate Ayane, they can also un-murder whoever got in Ami's way.

As for Yumi -- she may or may not know about how Chika feels about Sensei right now, and that's based entirely on your decisions. If you got the extended locker room scene with Yumi and Nodoka, she doesn't know yet, and some form of relationship with Yumi is likely. And if she's already IN the relationship and emotionally invested when she finds out, it'll be too late. We'll get some conflict, possibly a resolution. Maybe a throuple, maybe two equally broken hearts.

someone has died in LiL though...
there was that one plant, the other plants even talk about it

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
I'm still thinking there's going to be a total reset at one point for everyone except the rooftop team, basically setting them all back to their neutral state. I think this will probably happen right before the dark route starts, or at the very beginning of it. This will allow stuff for Yumi to happen with Chika still around and probably revive Chinami because she's got to die at some point. Plus, I don't think Maya will be part of the rooftop team, so she'll get totally reset as well. It's been slowly showing that she's becoming less important to the functionality of the rooftop reset now. So we will get to see the original Maya at the cost of our Maya.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Wardtnaci

Black Raven

May 4, 2020
Death is not allowed in Kumon-Mi.
Yet.

Yeah ? I thought the "yumiknows" flag refers to Yumi knowing about the fucking but Yumi knows Chika is in love with Sensei regardless.

I'm not sure what the flag is in replay mode but this has to be the version of Abyss that happens before the onsen, no ?

abyss1.png
abyss2.png

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah ? I thought the "yumiknows" flag refers to Yumi knowing about the fucking but Yumi knows Chika is in love with Sensei regardless.

I'm not sure what the flag is in replay mode but this has to be the version of Abyss that happens before the onsen, no ?
Yumi knows about the fucking either way. She's not so clueless that she doesn't know EXACTLY what's happening behind that curtain in the changing rooms.

Yumi knows that Chika is deeply infatuated with Sensei either way.

What she doesn't necessarily know is that Sensei said it back.

If she goes for Sensei without that knowledge, she's competing with her best friend for the same man.
If she goes for Sensei with that knowledge, she's helping that man betray her friend's trust. And that's the line she's refusing to cross.

Black Raven

May 4, 2020
Yumi knows about the fucking either way. She's not so clueless that she doesn't know EXACTLY what's happening behind that curtain in the changing rooms.

Yumi knows that Chika is deeply infatuated with Sensei either way.

What she doesn't necessarily know is that Sensei said it back.

If she goes for Sensei without that knowledge, she's competing with her best friend for the same man.
If she goes for Sensei with that knowledge, she's helping that man betray her friend's trust. And that's the line she's refusing to cross.
Yeah that's what i thought. I'm not convinced it makes any difference to Yumi, really. Competing for Sensei behind Chika's back doesn't strike me as something Yumi would do. Who cares what Sensei said or not ? What matters are Chika's feelings. Yumi knows that if she ends up with Sensei it will destroy their friendship, she won't do that.

Well that leaves the throuple hypothesis, of course. I still like my idea better though. The throuple really sounds a little bit too convenient to me. Then again this entire world is full of convenience for Sensei so it would make sense.

I'm just hoping for the shit to hit the fan, and to hit it hard. I don't like happy endings.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah that's what i thought. I'm not convinced it makes any difference to Yumi, really. Competing for Sensei behind Chika's back doesn't strike me as something Yumi would do. Who cares what Sensei said or not ? What matters are Chika's feelings. Yumi knows that if she ends up with Sensei it will destroy their friendship, she won't do that.

Well that leaves the throuple hypothesis, of course. I still like my idea better though. The throuple really sounds a little bit too convenient to me. Then again this entire world is full of convenience for Sensei so it would make sense.

I'm just hoping for the shit to hit the fan, and to hit it hard. I don't like happy endings.
The throuples are convenient up to a point. Every single one of them would likely assume that they're the ONLY throuple, and once the other girls/throuples become apparent, that's when shit hits the fan.

Throuples only really work in a few cases. Uta/Io and Chika/Yumi both have years of history together that makes those possible, and those only really work in a vacuum. Once the other girls get involved, they'd break down. Chika might be persuaded to share with her best friend, or even with Rin (another long established friendship) or Niki (because Niki), but not Ayane or Ami. And Yumi would likely not be willing to share with anyone but Chika.

My guess would be that the dark phase will begin the instant Ami stops lying to herself about the other girls, because that's the moment when she snaps, and at that point, the game probably becomes quite bloody.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
The throuples are convenient up to a point. Every single one of them would likely assume that they're the ONLY throuple, and once the other girls/throuples become apparent, that's when shit hits the fan.

Throuples only really work in a few cases. Uta/Io and Chika/Yumi both have years of history together that makes those possible, and those only really work in a vacuum. Once the other girls get involved, they'd break down. Chika might be persuaded to share with her best friend, or even with Rin (another long established friendship) or Niki (because Niki), but not Ayane or Ami. And Yumi would likely not be willing to share with anyone but Chika.

My guess would be that the dark phase will begin the instant Ami stops lying to herself about the other girls, because that's the moment when she snaps, and at that point, the game probably becomes quite bloody.
if yumi gave into a relationship with sensei, i actually see her as being the quickest to accept most of the others because she already thinks that about him anyway. Yumi has a massive amount of self hatred that she directs onto everyone around her rather than being constructve in building herself up to not hate herself. the only constructive things she has done to better herself has mainly been at the pushing of sensei or her caring for chinami. so sensei telling her he is a POS and cant get better this last update is just one step away from telling her SHE is a POS too in the same situation. if she ever mentally collapses back in on herself where she fully believes that... i could see her going full on saddist trying to encourage sensei to ruin as many girls lives as possible.
some people who see themselves as broken just want to break others o they dont feel as damaged as the people they destroy. lots of bully's are like this... and what is yumi known for
being a bully

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
windows, newest version no addons just the game
Does it prevent you from playing the game?

I have a traceback file, but the error is different and it doesn't impede my ability to play the game. It also mentions the user/selebus directory (which doesn't exist)

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes