crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I don't know, man. All I know is that there are much more popular games on this site that have much cooler devs whose games still get leaked, simply because a lot of people on this site want it and there's someone who can afford it and wants to oblige them. That's it.
In every SINGLE case I've found where a game isn't normally leaked, the devs are always cool as hell and don't talk about this shit - much LESS put it in their game - devs like Zanith of A House in the Rift, that hasn't leaked in like a year and a half despite having way more patrons.
The dev you're supporting, and one I support as well, is a prime example of your comment. Caribdis is legendary; I'm sure they loathe the fact their game gets leaked almost immediately but they still put out tons of quality content and I've not heard a single complaint from them.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
The dev you're supporting, and one I support as well, is a prime example of your comment. Caribdis is legendary; I'm sure they loathe the fact their game gets leaked almost immediately but they still put out tons of quality content and I've not heard a single complaint from them.
Totally. I brought them up earlier in the thread - crazy how someone can achieve 4x+ the patrons Selly has when every single $50/month update to your game leaks within minutes. I wonder why? :unsure:

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019
Totally. I brought them up earlier in the thread - crazy how someone can achieve 4x+ the patrons Selly has when every single $50/month update to your game leaks within minutes. I wonder why? :unsure:
Caribdis is great, and is one of the few devs I actively support, but lets not pretend genre and general style of writing/art doesn't contribute a huge amount to the patron gap. Eternum is just a way more appealing concept than lil for a huge amount of people, despite both being well written engaging games (imo).

Sel could be the nicest most accommodating dev in the world and this would still be true. Lots of talented people out there making really good stuff that are just not ever going to get that more mainstream appeal.

Reactions: vehemental

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Caribdis is great, and is one of the few devs I actively support, but lets not pretend genre and general style of writing/art doesn't contribute a huge amount to the patron gap. Eternum is just a way more appealing concept than lil for a huge amount of people, despite both being well written engaging games (imo).

Sel could be the nicest most accommodating dev in the world and this would still be true. Lots of talented people out there making really good stuff that are just not ever going to get that more mainstream appeal.
This is exactly what I'm saying!

This game is for degenerate degenerates, not just because of the thematic subject matter but also because playing it is self-flagellistic. The hunting for events gameplay is abysmal, the puzzles are stupidly obtuse to anyone well-adjusted, it's as long-winded and full of filler as critics of One Piece say One Piece is, and it's as self-indulgent as North Korean propaganda. You have to hate yourself and have zero respect for your own time to play this game, willing to dig more for the moments of goodness than the players of any other game.

And yet it's doing great! It's the greatest success story in the history of this site, IMO. The unlikeliest of heros, just like Yumi. And it will never be enough, because the dev wants to make as much as Summertime Saga, a game 6x as popular by views of its thread here making 6x as much money.

Jul 22, 2019
This is exactly what I'm saying!

This game is for degenerate degenerates, not just because of the thematic subject matter but also because playing it is self-flagellistic. The hunting for events gameplay is abysmal, the puzzles are stupidly obtuse to anyone well-adjusted, it's as long-winded and full of filler as critics of One Piece say One Piece is, and it's as self-indulgent as North Korean propaganda. You have to hate yourself and have zero respect for your own time to play this game, willing to dig more for the moments of goodness than the players of any other game.

And yet it's doing great! It's the greatest success story in the history of this site, IMO. The unlikeliest of heros, just like Yumi. And it will never be enough, because the dev wants to make as much as Summertime Saga, a game 6x as popular by views of its thread here making 6x as much money.
Ah, I misinterpreted you then, I agree it's doing super well for what is a pretty niche product. I don't necessarily share your opinions in the top paragraph though (outside event hunting, wiki info should really just be in game). In particular I think that "filler" is kind of just how any game with this many characters will feel sometimes depending on who you like. Because you mentioned it earlier, some people feel a house in the rift has a heap of filler too, though I disagree for the same reasons.

Devs wanting more money is whatever, the avn market is crazy fickle so I get wanting to have enough to support yourself in the future. Sel is pretty ridiculous about it a lot of the time, but it's a job with no real job security at the end of the day.

Holding off on having a proper opinion on Yumi until we get the sfw moderate affection event sometime in 2026.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
(outside event hunting, wiki info should really just be in game).
Progress Mod. Such a godsend.

In particular I think that "filler" is kind of just how any game with this many characters will feel sometimes depending on who you like. Because you mentioned it earlier, some people feel a house in the rift has a heap of filler too, though I disagree for the same reasons.
Yeah, it doesn't matter if there are 35 characters or 6, not everyone's going to like all of them. This one just has so many and it's really hard not to think that some are objectively better written than others...

Holding off on having a proper opinion on Yumi until we get the sfw moderate affection event sometime in 2026.
The real title of the Yumi Ska song is Unlikely Hero, so I couldn't resist.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
For what's it worth, I think a year ago or so when the leaks were happening I think Sel had accepted those, but the situation obviously changed when updates were leaked within minutes of going live like you said and I think what made this situation worse was the care packages leaking, since those were created in the first place as a compromise to give his patreons something that wouldn't be leaked but we all saw how that turned out.
Yeah, his stance prior to the Patreon rugpull was more or less "it's gonna happen, but if I get a day or two before it happens I won't grouse about it," but we were already seeing this thread devolve into moral debates over piracy about once a month even back then.

It definitely escalated about a month after the rework came out when the instant leaks started to happen.

Reactions: crustlord12

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah i know where that term comes from ingame. And you're right of course, that there was no change in age besides flashbacks.
People using the term 5000yo wizard, just might have evolved beyond it's initial meaning.
Nowadays it could just mean Chinami and erm Tsubasa? Tsukasa? you know who i mean.

I really just hope that they will be more grownup, at least where all other girls are supposed to be (age wise), IF, they will have that kind of content.
And that he won't make that other kind of content just to cater to some very special, really special, audience.
I do, Tsukasa is the one, Tsubasa is her mother. They have never been specifically said not to be getting content after it was said they would be, so it is unlikely they won't be. It also isn't likely they will age up. He's not doing it to cater to any kind of audience, he isn't the type of developer that does that, it has always been about his vision.

I believe sel himself said that the "wizards" will be getting content as they are. I'm not 100% on it though so don't quote me on it.
He has said they would be and has never said they wouldn't be after saying they would, so it is safe to assume the content is coming eventually and will be as they are.

They literally attempted to get the entire thread removed, so that would definitely silence us here if it succeeded.
Yes, to stop the leaks, not to stop the discussion of the game. They resorted to trying to take the entire thread down because nothing else was working at the time, which can now also be said of trying to take down the thread of course.

For what's it worth, I think a year ago or so when the leaks were happening I think Sel had accepted those, but the situation obviously changed when updates were leaked within minutes of going live like you said and I think what made this situation worse was the care packages leaking, since those were created in the first place as a compromise to give his patreons something that wouldn't be leaked but we all saw how that turned out.
Yeah, I don't think it was AS big an issue back when it was taking longer than a few minutes, but taking only a few minutes, leaving zero chance for the game to grow even without the drama I could definitely see as having an impact. Quite frankly, I would have just quit releasing the game entirely a good number of updates ago and developed it as a local project that would never see the internet again just for the sake of completing it even if I would be the only eyes on the finished product, but that's just me being more willing to give up on letting people have my work at all.

In fairness, in the unknown span of time Maya has never seen a few things happen that are happening now, especially the time jump mid-sentence. So for all we know there could be an incident that results in some/all characters skipping forwards or backwards into different aged versions of themselves. I doubt it but it wouldn't surprise me.

Lies, if it had gone through the planet we'd have found out what is buried beneath our feet. :p
ComplexOne actually said it better than I have, Sel basically all but said word for word that every character would get adult content and in their current form.

I walked right into that one.

• Haha
Reactions: darkparts

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
So i looked it up again, because i was under the impression wizard content would be off limits, and i think i found at least some samples how i came to that impression, which are:
Several statements by Sel, like "chinami won't have any "official" content" or "such content will come as an unofficial patch". Additionally, there are/have been rules against DRAWN NSFW content with lolis (including chinami) and loli alts.
Whatever DRAWN means in that context.

But at least for now thats all i have to say about that topic.
Only time will tell.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
So i looked it up again, because i was under the impression wizard content would be off limits, and i think i found at least some samples how i came to that impression, which are:
Several statements by Sel, like "chinami won't have any "official" content" or "such content will come as an unofficial patch". Additionally, there are/have been rules against DRAWN NSFW content with lolis (including chinami) and loli alts.
Whatever DRAWN means in that context.

But at least for now thats all i have to say about that topic.
Only time will tell.
after the Patreon thing he said that you will be able to fuck whole families at the same time. Someone asked about chinami and he reiterated he said what he said or something to that extent.

Reactions: alex2011

darkparts

Feb 26, 2018
My memory of the Wizard content thing is that back before the Patreon incident, Sel said that Wizard content would be an optional patch to keep in line with Patreon rules. After Patreon removed his page I'm pretty sure he said he'd just put it right in the main game anyway (since Patreon no longer mattered) however it would still be avoidable.

No idea if he's changed his plans since.

Black Raven

May 4, 2020
My memory of the Wizard content thing is that back before the Patreon incident, Sel said that Wizard content would be an optional patch to keep in line with Patreon rules. After Patreon removed his page I'm pretty sure he said he'd just put it right in the main game anyway (since Patreon no longer mattered) however it would still be avoidable.
That, exactly. The plan was to patch the loli out in an effort to stay on patreon. This is obviously no longer relevant so we will get the content straight into the main game.

The only way for that not to happen is for Deleted member 1697433 to die/get arrested/get super sick/etc before he reaches that point or a total civilization collapse.

There is zero ambiguity on the matter.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Is there a way to replay the repeatable lust/sex events? Can't find them in the menu and vaguely recall you can't but since all my saves are from after the last 2 updates and so they're all locked into the even chains i can't access some of the fap goods like Sensei splitting Ami apart.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Is there a way to replay the repeatable lust/sex events? Can't find them in the menu and vaguely recall you can't but since all my saves are from after the last 2 updates and so they're all locked into the even chains i can't access some of the fap goods like Sensei splitting Ami apart.
some of them are pink events or blue events and ater you do them they all show up as completed green so you can't identify them except by name... you can always guess and hit skip button if you guess wrong....
edit:
i guess a second way to do this would be to start a new game, look at each girls events and write down the pink/blue ones. then load your actual game to watch the scenes

Last edited:

darkparts

Feb 26, 2018
I think he meant events such as call over scenes and dorm room scenes without having to be outside of an active event/chain.

redpenguin101

Feb 19, 2019
As KnowNoHope said but if you meant the invite and visit events then no, the only way to replay them is to invite them over or visit them again.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes