k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Didn't someone post a rant image of the discord and selebus was saying that due to the stress of the carepackage beign leaked he would take 2 more days off and the update was gonna be 3/17?

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
Having been here before I'm surprised Selebus didn't just assume the stuff would get leaked regardless. It's probably frustrating, but it's a piracy site basically.

Reactions: crustlord12

Black Raven

May 4, 2020
Didn't someone post a rant image of the discord and selebus was saying that due to the stress of the carepackage beign leaked he would take 2 more days off and the update was gonna be 3/17?
What are you talking about ? I haven't seen anything even remotely like that anywhere.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Having been here before I'm surprised Selebus didn't just assume the stuff would get leaked regardless. It's probably frustrating, but it's a piracy site basically.
He knew it happened to the game, he watched it happen right in front of him, that's why he left this site. The problem is twofold.

One, the game was getting released at decreasing intervals from the moment of subscriber release, which by design is supposed to be two weeks earlier than the free public version to give us some time to enjoy it before the public, despite the public version being completely identical and only being delayed for a short period.

Two, the care packages were supposed to give us subscribers back some actual benefit that we no longer had since the only benefit below $30 was to get the game early, something that was now happening for free within a day, hours, and at one point at least, minutes from the subscriber release. With the game now leaking at decreasingly delayed intervals from the subscriber release, it left subscribers below the now gone $30 tier no reason to stay subscribed except the will to support the game.

It's actually a testament to his will to see this game completed that he hasn't just stopped putting it on the internet entirely, which is what I would have done by the time anything I released was getting leaked in less than a day.

Reactions: ComplexOne2

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
He knew it happened to the game, he watched it happen right in front of him, that's why he left this site. The problem is twofold.

One, the game was getting released at decreasing intervals from the moment of subscriber release, which by design is supposed to be two weeks earlier than the free public version to give us some time to enjoy it before the public, despite the public version being completely identical and only being delayed for a short period.

Two, the care packages were supposed to give us subscribers back some actual benefit that we no longer had since the only benefit below $30 was to get the game early, something that was now happening for free within a day, hours, and at one point at least, minutes from the subscriber release. With the game now leaking at decreasingly delayed intervals from the subscriber release, it left subscribers below the now gone $30 tier no reason to stay subscribed except the will to support the game.

It's actually a testament to his will to see this game completed that he hasn't just stopped putting it on the internet entirely, which is what I would have done by the time anything I released was getting leaked in less than a day.
Oh, I wasn't saying he was wrong to feel that way or anything. I'm sure that when/if I work on a game and that happened that I would be pretty upset myself. Unfortunately, some people always find a way to ruin nice things. As far as the subscribers, I can understand that as well. But having been around here for a while, I just see it as an inevitability.

I try to wait for the public releases of games usually before downloading them. Doesn't really make much of a difference in the long run for one person (I'm sure there are more, but I can only speak for myself) to do that when others are leaking and then snatching it up as soon as it's posted though I'm sure. If I could afford it, he's one of the three devs I'd support since I truly enjoy the games they are making.

StabbyMike0

Oct 21, 2022
Hey guys ,i dont know anything about selebus and leaking game but ,i felt like this war is like ,Warner Bros and Empress lol . Empress was angry that warner bross added denuvo to stop piracy ,and Empress said i'll crack your game in 10 days ,warner bitches . Its similar ?

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
Actually ,same .but im playing too much rpg ,im sharing my time with other games ,sometimes i forgot about updates .
Pretty much the same here. I didn't play it for so long that I'm still finishing up chapter 2 I think even after a couple of days of playing it.

I think it's more of a testament to 10k a month rather than willpower.
That much, really? Jesus. I know people that barely make that in a year.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
Is there anyone else here that discovered LiL through itch.io? (I'd downloaded the game due to a Rin pic, lol, although she isn't currently my fav) In fact, I came to know of F95 thanks to LiL after its itch.io page was temporarily taken down; I had randomly arrived in this thread looking for the reason (or so I guess, I don't precisely remember how exactly). Thought of creating an account here to discuss the game, seeing I didn't want to join the LiL discord (I had my fair share of bad experiences with shitty discord mods. And had intuited that I'd be banned fairly quickly from it). Also, this isn't the sort of game you can casually discuss with people you know IRL due to its degeneracy. Didn't care about the leaks here and didn't know the dev hated this place.

That's more or less why I find this whole discussion tiring. I just HOPE hope you guys don't make Selebus go apeshit (any more than he already is) and give up making the game altogether (probably won't happen, seeing his income) or stop freely distributing it after two weeks (much more likely, although I don't even know how unlikely it is in the first place).

Also, wasn't/isn't Selebus technically sort of a pirate as well? I mean, he sold renders he'd made using proprietary software he didn't hold a license to (nor any commercial license exists as far as I am aware; it seems like Illusion doesn't want CharaStudio being used for that sort of thing). Pretty hypocritical of him if that's the case, but then again, I don't really care. Someone more knowledgeable about legal matters, please enlighten me on this.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Also, wasn't/isn't Selebus technically sort of a pirate as well? I mean, he sold renders he'd made using proprietary software he didn't hold a license to (nor any commercial license exists as far as I am aware; it seems like Illusion doesn't want CharaStudio being used for that sort of thing). Pretty hypocritical of him if that's the case, but then again, I don't really care. Someone more knowledgeable about legal matters, please enlighten me on this.

Illusion has made it quite clear that the only license available for Koikatsu and Honey Select are personal-use licenses, which means you can distrubute models you make with the game to friends, but you cannot sell them. Which technically makes any of the HS/KK-based games out there a copyright violation.

However, Illusion doesn't operate outside of Japan, and IIRC they've deferred to Fakku on whether or not to go after these games, and Fakku has elected not to do so (at least for now). They've given no reason why, but I think it's because they're only an intermediary, and thus have little to no standing themselves, and therefore little to nothing to gain by doing so.

And if Illusion/Fakku aren't going to protect the product, then the character studios are fair game in practice, though not in fact.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I just HOPE hope you guys don't make Selebus go apeshit (any more than he already is)
Tbh, this thread is mostly reactive and while there are people who leak the game as a statement of sorts, nobody here really have an agenda to harm the game or it's creator in any way. Sel goes "apeshit" all by himself, because of the fact that piracy exist and his game is a subject to it ,because mods aren't accommodating enough, because people talk shit about his persona, while discussing his antics.
and give up making the game altogether (probably won't happen, seeing his income) or stop freely distributing it after two weeks (much more likely, although I don't even know how unlikely it is in the first place).
I think this will only insetify piracy even more.
Also, wasn't/isn't Selebus technically sort of a pirate as well?
He's a literal pirate and use to pirate stuff habitually by his own admission.
Honestly, I feel like the care packages are mid, tbh.
Same.
I'd have preferred they hadn't leaked. At the very least, that way, all this drama could've been avoided.
Same.
It was a matter of time, I guess.
He was waiting for them to drop to raise the ruckus. I don't know why he thought that mods would care, but maybe it was done performatively, to go out with a bang while driving his supporters further into his personality cult (being somewhat hyperbolic here, but still).

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Tbh, this thread is mostly reactive and while there are people who leak the game as a statement of sorts, nobody here really have an agenda to harm the game or it's creator in any way. Sel goes "apeshit" all by himself, because of the fact that piracy exist and his game is a subject to it ,because mods aren't accommodating enough, because people talk shit about his persona, while discussing his antics.
everything 'bad' that has happened to selebus has only happened after he did crap to piss other people off, and more than likely wasn't even done by people from this thread. there are tons of threads on this site and on other sites and one GREAT way to get a pirating community to target you for destruction is to attack any one pirate or group. this thread and even the mods have been widely tolerant and kind to him after his actions by F95 standards so far.

when anyone targets an internet pirate, even if the pirate says 'guys don't hit back' word of it spreads and every other pirate not into this 'game' or this 'book' or this 'whatever' immediately does a yes/no assessment to fire back just on principal and to make an example to anyone else that would even consider doing it. this is why the majority of creators here don't act like cunty assholes, especially here, considering the creators more often than not don't have a legal leg to stand on.

edit:
this is also one of the reason why a large chunk of the gaming industry considers piracy a 'nice' problem to have. because (1) it means you are popular and finacially secure enough to get pirated in such a way and (2) if you dont wage war on those communities, when you really needs it the piracy communities come out and fight for you in weird ass ways. I recall an instant when a creator had some kind of legal trouble and asked the internet for help and then the opposing side got flooded with documents/viruses and other shit making it a huge ass headache

He was waiting for them to drop to raise the ruckus. I don't know why he thought that mods would care, but maybe it was done performatively, to go out with a bang while driving his supporters further into his personality cult (being somewhat hyperbolic here, but still).
yep, it was pretty obvious. pirates are nice because they don't generally let people play the victim when they set themselves up in the first place to be the victim for the sole purpose of social engineering and scapegoating their issues onto others

Last edited:
Reactions: vehemental

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
Illusion has made it quite clear that the only license available for Koikatsu and Honey Select are personal-use licenses, which means you can distrubute models you make with the game to friends, but you cannot sell them. Which technically makes any of the HS/KK-based games out there a copyright violation.

However, Illusion doesn't operate outside of Japan, and IIRC they've deferred to Fakku on whether or not to go after these games, and Fakku has elected not to do so (at least for now). They've given no reason why, but I think it's because they're only an intermediary, and thus have little to no standing themselves, and therefore little to nothing to gain by doing so.

And if Illusion/Fakku aren't going to protect the product, then the character studios are fair game in practice, though not in fact.
Considering the interested parties (Illusion and FAKKU) are passive to this extent, I can't fault him for taking advantage of the situation. Although technically, yes, he is a pirate then.

He's a literal pirate and use to pirate stuff habitually by his own admission.
And that begs the question: does he have a moral leg to stand on when criticizing this site? Evidently not. But humans aren't rational, and the fact that he would become upset with this whole situation (especially when you remember that Patreon fucked him over), as it directly affects his livelihood, is understandable.

Reactions: vehemental
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes