angevarg674

Sep 5, 2022
Say, is there a place in the game's files where I can see what events are needed to trigger others? I think I've gotten to a point where this is unplayable without the guide mod, but I'm really invested in the story and don't want to wait however long that's going to take to update.

Seems in the "game" folder there are individual files for each character and the main events, but they don't really tell me what are the requirements to trigger said events. I have no idea if, for example, it's an insuficient Affection thing, if I need to see Yasu's events before Io's last one, or even how the hell to trigger Yasu's in the first place.

I'm missing 1 Main Event, 1 Happy, 1 Io, 3 Yasu, 3 Haruka, 3 Maki and 3 Nao and have been losing my fucking mind for the past day or so trying to figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do next. Any help would be appreciated

Reactions: FireCazador

bobbington3500

Oct 2, 2021
jumpin in here to pronounce myself leader of the "io is asexual" truthers. if only because there is a 50/50 chance that selebus would either make something truly thoughtful and provocative out of it or totally, spectacularly bungle it in a way that would upset everyone.
the madman, he's actually doing it... how the hell did he write this scene so well

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

this means more to me than all the cringe superhero show token asexual rep in the world... i love her so much

it seems like kind of a miracle that akira is handling it so well, he's come so far. i hope when it inevitably goes wrong it's not just the same thing that happened with molly bc that would feel like a real copout to me... (pleasee don't let her be the Thing You're Not Supposed To Have)

angevarg674

Sep 5, 2022
the madman, he's actually doing it... how the hell did he write this scene so well

this means more to me than all the cringe superhero show token asexual rep in the world... i love her so much
Genuinely, that scene took me by surprise. I've spent 4 years dating an Io, a depressed misanthrope who could feel love but nothing sexual, or very rarely very little of it. So to see a character like that being handled this well brought back some really nice memories of a relationship that in the end didn't work, but was still really good while it lasted, with someone who still is one of my closest friends to this day.
Hell, even the way Akira is handling it is pretty much the way I approached it, to want to respect this person's feelings and the way she is, but at the same time to long for something more, something you percieve as closer, much to their confusion. Pretty cool writing, good job Sel

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Say, is there a place in the game's files where I can see what events are needed to trigger others? I think I've gotten to a point where this is unplayable without the guide mod, but I'm really invested in the story and don't want to wait however long that's going to take to update.

Seems in the "game" folder there are individual files for each character and the main events, but they don't really tell me what are the requirements to trigger said events. I have no idea if, for example, it's an insuficient Affection thing, if I need to see Yasu's events before Io's last one, or even how the hell to trigger Yasu's in the first place.

I'm missing 1 Main Event, 1 Happy, 1 Io, 3 Yasu, 3 Haruka, 3 Maki and 3 Nao and have been losing my fucking mind for the past day or so trying to figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do next. Any help would be appreciated
I recommend checking out the Lessons in Love wiki if you're really having trouble:

If you go to the events or character events you're missing, it'll tell you the requirements.

Some people also post guides on what to do after updates here:
By popular petition by no one, once again I bring the abridged guide to 0.32

0.32 walkthrough, pretty straightforward update. Probably won't need a guide but I'm gonna drop this here anyways. Mention me if anything is wrong.
Edit: Added happy event, thanks p1rat

• Red Heart
Reactions: angevarg674

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

I can't help you with the game files, but I can share this link that someone else posted when the update launched that's a walkthrough of the events. It looks like the Maki/Haruka events are what's holding you up.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/07/2761326_0.32.0_guide.txt

angevarg674

Sep 5, 2022
I recommend checking out the Lessons in Love wiki if you're really having trouble:

If you go to the events or character events you're missing, it'll tell you the requirements.

Some people also post guides on what to do after updates here:
Thank you so much for linking those guided. The wiki is cool, but isn't always up to date, which is unfortunate. Thank you again

Reactions: DeSkel15

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Genuinely, that scene took me by surprise. I've spent 4 years dating an Io, a depressed misanthrope who could feel love but nothing sexual, or very rarely very little of it. So to see a character like that being handled this well brought back some really nice memories of a relationship that in the end didn't work, but was still really good while it lasted, with someone who still is one of my closest friends to this day.
Hell, even the way Akira is handling it is pretty much the way I approached it, to want to respect this person's feelings and the way she is, but at the same time to long for something more, something you percieve as closer, much to their confusion. Pretty cool writing, good job Sel
Io is one of the characters that I couldn't get from the get-go, but gradually learn more with each Sensei's attempt. Feeling less and less confused about Io actually feels pretty great not gonna lie; the progress feels real. Now she's like a green little sister (except the throuple proposition) who needs plenty of attention and care.

Hfjahxhcjr

Mar 29, 2023

You can definitely find what triggers events in the code. I don't think it is always at a clear place though. Personally i made a simple python script to search given text in all renpy files in a folder, that can be used to find event triggers if you know what the label is called in the code. For example, if you're searching for the event corresponding to the label yasudorm25, I know it is triggered at Dorm2Events.rpy line 146 on the condition that yasu_love (affection)>=25 and church25 was played and yasudorm25 was not played. It is ran from a label called dorm2thursday, which (if i'm not mistaken) is triggered if you go to the second floor while it is thursday.

If you like writing simple scripts i would recommend making something similar. Can also be usefull to check if selebus placed some suspicious code in the game again.

Reactions: angevarg674

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I was the little leery when this announcement came with that cursed jackpot sound effect, then I found Haruka now has a new flag "harukapredator", whose value is obviously true after Scum.
1688604640441.png

This flag is probably just for checking the aforementioned future threesome events, but geez the name of the flag makes me feel so uneasy...we really have plunged her into free fall and brought all her bad out.

If this symbolizes a "mission complete" of a NSFW character, I wonder what other traits each girl would gain after getting fully tainted.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
I was the little leery when this announcement came with that cursed jackpot sound effect, then I found Haruka now has a new flag "harukapredator", whose value is obviously true after Scum.
View attachment 2747982

This flag is probably just for checking the aforementioned future threesome events, but geez the name of the flag makes me feel so uneasy...we really have plunged her into free fall and brought all her bad out.

If this symbolizes a "mission complete" of a NSFW character, I wonder what other traits each girl would gain after getting fully tainted.
Well "Scum" is a mandatory event for harukasex route so the harukasex and harukapredator flags are functionally the same, unless there are events that can trigger before "Scum" that has extra scenes for harukapredator.

And I think most of the girls won't have a corruption storyline, but if there's anyone who going to be corrupted I think it's going to be Ayane.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Well "Scum" is a mandatory event for harukasex route so the harukasex and harukapredator flags are functionally the same, unless there are events that can trigger before "Scum" that has extra scenes for harukapredator.

And I think most of the girls won't have a corruption storyline, but if there's anyone who going to be corrupted I think it's going to be Ayane.
I have a feeling that most of the adults will.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fdsasdf_p

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Kirin: "Rapist" Trait.
I mean just read what the Narrator says she's thinking:
"Sexual assault is okay as long as the majority of parties orgasm"...

She's already a rapist in my book either way though, after how she sexually assaulted and coerced Ayane. Not to mention is seemingly constantly trying to molest her friends Miku and Noriko.

Kirin is fortunately becoming less Kirin, but I don't see this ending well, tbh.

Ami: "Serial Killer" Trait.
Ayane: "Traitor" Trait.
Miku: "Drug Addict" Trait.
Wakana: "Cheater" Trait.
Yumi: "Like Mother like Daughter" Trait.
Etc.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I feel like the last update didn't really give us enough new to talk about, this next month is going to be quieter even if everyone throws everything they can think of down to talk about simply because everyone is already exhausting their supplies of ideas and theories and we didn't get enough new things to fuel the fires... downside to monthly releases i guess.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I feel like the last update didn't really give us enough new to talk about, this next month is going to be quieter even if everyone throws everything they can think of down to talk about simply because everyone is already exhausting their supplies of ideas and theories and we didn't get enough new things to fuel the fires... downside to monthly releases i guess.
But the next updates gave me a lot of food for though, what with 0.34 being beach dorm wars and 0.35 being halloween, soon we will have only one day in the year for super beach hallomass dorm wars.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
I'll repeat what I said from the beginning of the update, maybe we can work out the 11 letter word that Touka said about Yasu before 0.33
You can kinda make out what Touka said when she was blocked out, like the first word of her last 2 sentences is definitely Sensei since there are 6 underscores for 6 letters:
to "She’s likely just ___________."
s "...She’s what?"
to "_____________. I wouldn’t ________ if __________."
s "..."
s "Touka?"
to "______? ________________________. __________________."
s "..."
to "______?"
It isn't a lot, but I wonder if previous blocked out dialogues also works like this and if we can decode some of them.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 298 Votes