Zolse

Mar 27, 2020
Impressively though, this game seems to frame Maya as the "bad guy":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As far as has been implied, Maya was the one who pushed for the sexual relationship.

It seems likely that there will be more and more people jumping ship, after the upcoming Maya events. For obvious reasons.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
Well, Maya was virtually guaranteed to have been a Wizard when the relationship began:
So, it's probably too late to think Sensei wouldn't cross the line.

Impressively though, this game seems to frame Maya as the "bad guy":
As far as has been implied, Maya was the one who pushed for the sexual relationship.

It seems likely that there will be more and more people jumping ship, after the upcoming Maya events. For obvious reasons.
Yeah, if they even try to put the blame on like a 9? 10? year old for seducing a grown-ass man, there's no way I can take the story seriously. Sel kinda wrote themselves into this death pit with many of these unseen lines you can't cross without making the story an utter joke, I wonder how they're gonna get out of it.

Reactions: rianzz

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Yeah, if they even try to put the blame on like a 9? 10? year old for seducing a grown-ass man, there's no way I can take the story seriously. Sel kinda wrote themselves into this death pit with many of these unseen lines you can't cross without making the story an utter joke, I wonder how they're gonna get out of it.
Maybe he won't. Some people just can't stop digging.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Maya Stuff:

That's probably the main reason I'm playing this game. To experience how it turns out. There's simply no other story out there like this.

Personally, I find the lore and so called gods more interesting than the Wizard stuff, but c'est la vie.

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Stuck at Times New Roman event. I followed the guide but when I get to the end to check the door, the option to open it doesn't appear. Any suggestions?

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
you probly missed something
I've tried going through it twice and I still get the same result. The first time I realized that I missed one of the cabinets but the second time was the safe after loading a new save at the beginning of the event.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Stuck at Times New Roman event. I followed the guide but when I get to the end to check the door, the option to open it doesn't appear. Any suggestions?
There is a variable r4key, I think it's the reset keys, you can search it in URM and see which one you're missing.

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
There is a variable r4key, I think it's the reset keys, you can search it in URM and see which one you're missing.
Looks like it was actually called escapepiece. Once I Found the one that was false, it provided the option. still not sure what I missed, though!

apostolodieros

Jun 13, 2019
The way things are going in Akira's mind I wonder if there will come a time when he will tell everyone to fuck off and start acting more like a whole person.
until now akira has always been very apathetic towards everyone (apart from sad and depressive emotions) and has gotten angry a few times, but I wonder when all his bottled up emotions will explode into pure anger, if all goes well he will start to rebel against everyone.

Rincon

Jul 29, 2023
The way things are going in Akira's mind I wonder if there will come a time when he will tell everyone to fuck off and start acting more like a whole person.
until now akira has always been very apathetic towards everyone (apart from sad and depressive emotions) and has gotten angry a few times, but I wonder when all his bottled up emotions will explode into pure anger, if all goes well he will start to rebel against everyone.
As much as I'd love to see this, and think that it would be great, that's not how he works, he's said it himself a few times, he just bottles up his feelings, he doesn't let them show.

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
Why now?
There has been statutory rape all through the story, why draw the line between 14 years and 5000, what do you think fundamentally changes between the two that makes this not okay this time around?
Is it the fact they are prepubescent?
Is it the age of consent?
What suddenly changes and makes it worse attacking these fictional characters?
PS: I kinda feel like my language is somewhat aggressive, so I'll say now, not trying to attack you just curious on the sudden change of heart.
The very short answer is "Gotta draw a line somewhere". Up until now, it's been a case of "boiling the frog" where it was getting increasingly uncomfortable with each update since being pushed off of Patreon, but not enough to drop the game. I was never "okay" with the subject matter before, but I could excuse it as part of an otherwise worthwhile existential horror experience. We've found the line where I am no longer okay with it even within that context, and yeah, guess it turns out that prepubescent characters are that line.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
The very short answer is "Gotta draw a line somewhere". Up until now, it's been a case of "boiling the frog" where it was getting increasingly uncomfortable with each update since being pushed off of Patreon, but not enough to drop the game. I was never "okay" with the subject matter before, but I could excuse it as part of an otherwise worthwhile existential horror experience. We've found the line where I am no longer okay with it even within that context, and yeah, guess it turns out that prepubescent characters are that line.
So why did you stick around after the Chinami bath scene or when we received a pic of wizard Uta? It's not like this is the first time wizard stuff was in the game and it's not even the worst example of it. Where exactly is this line you have supposedly drawn?

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
So why did you stick around after the Chinami bath scene or when we received a pic of wizard Uta? It's not like this is the first time wizard stuff was in the game and it's not even the worst example of it. Where exactly is this line you have supposedly drawn?
I'm not sure why you're so invested in trying to invalidate what amounts to a matter of personal belief, but again, those were incremental pushes that in isolation didn't seem worth dropping the game over. "Boiling the frog", as I put it before. However, this update suddenly made it clear that there will be sexual contact with those same characters going forward, and that's different.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
I'm not sure why you're so invested in trying to invalidate what amounts to a matter of personal belief, but again, those were incremental pushes that in isolation didn't seem worth dropping the game over. "Boiling the frog", as I put it before. However, this update suddenly made it clear that there will be sexual contact with those same characters going forward, and that's different.
I mean... Sel did say that every single character will be involved in sexual activity. No exceptions. And he said it like in 2021, AFAIK. It's 2024 now, so... You stuck around for a long time. Not jumping on whatever train this is, just kinda pointing a small flaw in your logic.

My small opinion: Wizard content is just as I hoped it would be - creepy and uncomfortable as fuck for us and for Akira. If it would be any other direction I would be honestly disappointed in Sel as a writer. And I can kinda understand Akira from a psychological standpoint - it's extremely hard to control your urges being a predator. That's why a lot of RL predators choose voluntary chemical castration - they don't want to hurt anyone. And for a guy who showed literally zero restraint towards obtaining what he wants (unless it's actual physical violence and rape, but still) - he's been doing pretty well. First that Chinami bath thing, which should be okay not normal or good, just neutral - she's a kid for a mentally healthy grown-up, but is a HUGE trigger for him - he did nothing. Then Uta picture, which was coupled with her willingness - he actually toned down his advances towards her after that.

I mean, he's not a good guy, but he's trying. And the fact that he ran from Tsukasa as soon as he regained his senses shows that he's still trying.

Also - Tsubasa is pure fucking evil. It's like giving a shot of fucking heroine to a relapsing addict who's desperately struggling to stay clean. Kurwa Peklo.

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
I mean... Sel did say that every single character will be involved in sexual activity. No exceptions. And he said it like in 2021, AFAIK. It's 2024 now, so... You stuck around for a long time. Not jumping on whatever train this is, just kinda pointing a small flaw in your logic.

My small opinion: Wizard content is just as I hoped it would be - creepy and uncomfortable as fuck for us and for Akira. If it would be any other direction I would be honestly disappointed in Sel as a writer. And I can kinda understand Akira from a psychological standpoint - it's extremely hard to control your urges being a predator. That's why a lot of RL predators choose voluntary chemical castration - they don't want to hurt anyone. And for a guy who showed literally zero restraint towards obtaining what he wants (unless it's actual physical violence and rape, but still) - he's been doing pretty well. First that Chinami bath thing, which should be okay not normal or good, just neutral - she's a kid for a mentally healthy grown-up, but is a HUGE trigger for him - he did nothing. Then Uta picture, which was coupled with her willingness - he actually toned down his advances towards her after that.

I mean, he's not a good guy, but he's trying. And the fact that he ran from Tsukasa as soon as he regained his senses shows that he's still trying.

Also - Tsubasa is pure fucking evil. It's like giving a shot of fucking heroine to a relapsing addict who's desperately struggling to stay clean. Kurwa Peklo.
Bro, it was still on Patreon at that point. He definitely didn't say that there.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Bro, it was still on Patreon at that point. He definitely didn't say that there.
I don't mean to be rude, but No Shit, Sherlock! Of course he didn't say something on Patreon that would directly violate TOS! Someone can look up a screenshot from Discord, he said it there. Back in the Patreon days he said that it would be an optional patch, but since he got booted - he went back on the whole "patch" thing and it will just be in the main game. That's it.

Reactions: LuisD and Wardtnaci
4.20 star(s) 297 Votes