Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
I don't mean to be rude, but No Shit, Sherlock! Of course he didn't say something on Patreon that would directly violate TOS! Someone can look up a screenshot from Discord, he said it there. Back in the Patreon days he said that it would be an optional patch, but since he got booted - he went back on the whole "patch" thing and it will just be in the main game. That's it.
My point is that he didn't say that anywhere that I would've read it. In other words, it wasn't a flaw in my logic, it was information that I didn't have any reason to have.

Do you join the discord of every game you play? Should that be mandatory? I mean, this is a pretty extreme edge case where the natural assumption that a game wouldn't put content in that would violate the TOS of the major platform it was monetized on was only contradicted in the game's optional social hub.

Reactions: crustlord12

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
My point is that he didn't say that anywhere that I would've read it. In other words, it wasn't a flaw in my logic, it was information that I didn't have any reason to have.
Alright, fair enough, I suppose. If I don't see it then it doesn't exist.

Again, no judgement, you just didn't see the warning from Sel.

But I mean, come on! How did you not see that shit coming?! Wizard Maya flashbacks, Chinami stuff, Uta picture, his own fucking past of sexual abuse as a child (which is like textbook definition of a future predator/pedophile/maniac) - none of those things didn't raise any flags?

Or did you think that "Oh, okay, so we know one of the girls used to do CP, main character used to be in a relationship with a Wizard and he was molested since infancy until like early twenties - SURELY, that's where it's gonna stop, right? There is absolutely no way that one of the key traumas of this game which is sexual abuse of underaged girls and boys, in case you missed it will continue to be explored and brought to light. Nope."

I didn't know that there would be Wizard content back in 2021. Or back in 2020 when I found this game. Or in Summer 2023 when I finally read it till the current content. But the fucking flashback of Maya told me everything I needed to know.

Reactions: Maldonny and LuisD

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
Alright, fair enough, I suppose. If I don't see it then it doesn't exist.

Again, no judgement, you just didn't see the warning from Sel.

But I mean, come on! How did you not see that shit coming?! Wizard Maya flashbacks, Chinami stuff, Uta picture, his own fucking past of sexual abuse as a child (which is like textbook definition of a future predator/pedophile/maniac) - none of those things didn't raise any flags?

Or did you think that "Oh, okay, so we know one of the girls used to do CP, main character used to be in a relationship with a Wizard and he was molested since infancy until like early twenties - SURELY, that's where it's gonna stop, right? There is absolutely no way that one of the key traumas of this game which is sexual abuse of underaged girls and boys, in case you missed it will continue to be explored and brought to light. Nope."

I didn't know that there would be Wizard content back in 2021. Or back in 2020 when I found this game. Or in Summer 2023 when I finally read it till the current content. But the fucking flashback of Maya told me everything I needed to know.
As a participatory act? Yeah, I still thought that the line would be drawn short of that. It was this update that made it clear to me that I was wrong. If I missed or misunderstood signs earlier due to naive optimism, it doesn't really change anything besides the timing and Sel getting another $50 out of me that would've gone to a different game instead. (If you're curious, I moved my sub money over to Disassociation). Not the end of the world.

Reactions: crustlord12

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
I mean... Sel did say that every single character will be involved in sexual activity. No exceptions. And he said it like in 2021, AFAIK. It's 2024 now, so... You stuck around for a long time. Not jumping on whatever train this is, just kinda pointing a small flaw in your logic.

My small opinion: Wizard content is just as I hoped it would be - creepy and uncomfortable as fuck for us and for Akira. If it would be any other direction I would be honestly disappointed in Sel as a writer. And I can kinda understand Akira from a psychological standpoint - it's extremely hard to control your urges being a predator. That's why a lot of RL predators choose voluntary chemical castration - they don't want to hurt anyone. And for a guy who showed literally zero restraint towards obtaining what he wants (unless it's actual physical violence and rape, but still) - he's been doing pretty well. First that Chinami bath thing, which should be okay not normal or good, just neutral - she's a kid for a mentally healthy grown-up, but is a HUGE trigger for him - he did nothing. Then Uta picture, which was coupled with her willingness - he actually toned down his advances towards her after that.

I mean, he's not a good guy, but he's trying. And the fact that he ran from Tsukasa as soon as he regained his senses shows that he's still trying.

Also - Tsubasa is pure fucking evil. It's like giving a shot of fucking heroine to a relapsing addict who's desperately struggling to stay clean. Kurwa Peklo.
I mean I don't really get why we're trying to pretend he's actually doing anything really meaningful. Ok, he ran away because he has some semblance of common human decency, but why did he call Tsukasa in the first place? Why does he keep willingly hanging out with underage girls despite knowing what type of person he is? The decision really isn't hard - either he commits to not harming anyone, or he risks scarring a child for life. And the fact that MANY times in the series he is fully willing to put a child in harms way to satisfy himself is quite frankly abhorrent.

I mean, we'll see where it goes. But there's many directions as I mentioned earlier that can make the story seem like a complete joke. And one of those is downplaying the agency of the literal "wizard" rapist (which also happens to be a fantasy for predators!).

apostolodieros

Jun 13, 2019
I mean I don't really get why we're trying to pretend he's actually doing anything really meaningful. Ok, he ran away because he has some semblance of common human decency, but why did he call Tsukasa in the first place? Why does he keep willingly hanging out with underage girls despite knowing what type of person he is? The decision really isn't hard - either he commits to not harming anyone, or he risks scarring a child for life. And the fact that MANY times in the series he is fully willing to put a child in harms way to satisfy himself is quite frankly abhorrent.

I mean, we'll see where it goes. But there's many directions as I mentioned earlier that can make the story seem like a complete joke. And one of those is downplaying the agency of the literal "wizard" rapist (which also happens to be a fantasy for predators!).
As I see it and as Sel's way of thinking seems to me, I would say that it is not Akira who chose to call tsukasa, but it is us who guide Akira through our curiosity and desire to make events happen. Honestly, it seems to me that many times Akira is nothing more than a puppet in our hands, and Sel's characters are above us like gods.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I'm waiting to see if Sel actually follows through on the hints that wizard Maya seduced Akira.

May 11, 2020
I haven't played this game or looked at this thread in a while so did they get costumes or did the story go crazy or something, why is everyone talking about wizards?

Also, any ideas about how close the game is to completion? I haven't played it in a few years but if it's gonna be done in a few months I can wait til then.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I haven't played this game or looked at this thread in a while so did they get costumes or did the story go crazy or something, why is everyone talking about wizards?

Also, any ideas about how close the game is to completion? I haven't played it in a few years but if it's gonna be done in a few months I can wait til then.
Wizard content is no named because Chinami calls herself a 5000 year old wizard, it's community shorthand for loli content. The game will not be completed for more than a few years at a minimum.

apostolodieros

Jun 13, 2019

count the stars in the sky, you will probably finish the game before

Dc345

May 27, 2020
bullshit, i give it 3-4 years max if the current speed is maintained, the guy is not yandere dev after all
I dunno Sel said the game was around 20-25% complete which was said around version 26.0 part 1 or 2 which was 2 years ago or 12/13 updates ago which is a little bit after the start of Chapter 3 if I'm not mistaken(correct me if I'm wrong). If I had to estimate were probably pushing around 35-40% complete which is a highball estimate.

Last edited:

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Where are Maya and Ami? I honestly can't recognize the place.

I dunno Sel said the game was around 20-25% complete and that was said around version 26.0 part 1 or 2 which was 2 years ago or 12/13 updates ago which is a little bit after the start of Chapter 3 if I'm not mistaken(correct me if I'm wrong). If I had to estimate were probably pushing around 35-40% complete which is a highball estimate.
In short, there was still about 6 to 7 years left before this was over?

Well, it looks like I'm going to spend a lot of my life playing this.

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
I was looking back on previous events, and I must say, I'm surprised Sel never capitalized on that event before the reset where Sensei was telling Io to fuck off at the party so he could calm down and didn't have her go through a meltdown because she'd figure Sensei hates her now and it's time she gave up on life or bla bla blah.
She took it quite well.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
bullshit, i give it 3-4 years max if the current speed is maintained, the guy is not yandere dev after all
Sel has stated his intent to make this the longest work of written English in history. He's currently sitting a little over 2.5 million. It took four years to get this far.

The current record is 31 million words long (a Loud House fanfic, if you're curious).

At the rate he's going, he'll reach his goal in 2069. Nice.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes