Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I think the lack of Akira impacted these events more than I expected, for me this was by far one of the worst updates, the only thing that saves it is the Akira x "Maya" moment, otherwise it was one of the worst updates.

And apparently there's a big chance that Akira won't participate in the next version either, so for me 0.40 could end up being the worst update of the entire game if Akira doesn't appear/participate.

This version had a lot of pointless things, unnecessary fourth wall breaks, and there were few really important things so I give it a 5 out of 10, I just don't give it any lower than that because it had Akira x "Maya" otherwise it was a bad update in my opinion .

What is your opinion about this version? Did you like it? Did they hate it? And if they liked it, why?

I think I didn't like it because I really prefer the more serious side of the game and not these comical moments and horny moments, I'm part of the group that doesn't care about that so for me it was just useless moments.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Nodokathon feels real out of place in this update. I feel like it should of been a happy event or something else. I dunno the whole thing just feels off to me.
Now that I think about it it Nodokathon feels like a care package event more than anything. While the cast lineup makes the most sense in the context of the game what happens in it is real niche/fetishy like something Sel would have a vote for to put in the next care package or something that would be completed as a request.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Now that I think about it it Nodokathon feels like a care package event more than anything. While the cast lineup makes the most sense in the context of the game what happens in it is real niche/fetishy like something Sel would have a vote for to put in the next care package or something that would be completed as a request.
Eh, i liked it well enough, i figure anyone's view on it is predicated on it being within their kink-set or not.

Reactions: BahnMiire

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
Definitely one of the worst updates for me, what a disappointment...

Starting off, the new music did put me completely off. It made me reread the text over and over again without understanding it, until I had my share and turned it off for good. The storm clouds in my head cleared off and I was able to read further.

Most of update and dorm wars felt like some filler 'special' episode of a show, the one which is long and advertised as special only to contain enormous amounts of low-quality filler content which is really hard to digest. Like, what happened to Sel's sense of humour? I remember Imani's jokes to be really smart, funny and being able to make me laugh. Now I'm wondering if there was 1 (one) joke that made me smile.

Lesbian Santa Barbara was also really bad. One, maximum two lesbian scenes in update, fine, but what the hell is this? Massacring some of my favourite characters like that? And BS excuse that Sensei 'corrupted' them. In THAT direction? He is a man with a huge fucking dick they're supposed to crave, not a lesbian seductress woman.

The Sensei-Maya-Ami-Niki scenes were the best parts of the update, I liked the new Maya way more than that grumpy granny old one. I'd love to see her explore the new world she found herself in and react to things. Her interaction with Chika really showed her potential in that direction.

In conclusion, 4/10, meh update.

Last edited:

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Mini Rant: Chapter 4 doesn't have much substance to it. I know the chapter just started but you cant help but to compare it to the previous chapter which is the obvious standout from the rest. And comparing it to Chapter 3 not much has happened. I'm not gonna list what we got at the start of Chapter 3 because I'm pretty sure 90% of this thread can remember gut punch after gut punch we've gotten leading up to the first big event chain in Chapter 3 and then more gut punches after that. But you can't help but expect those type of events in Chapter 4. Hell comparing it to Chapters 1 and 2 we have no questions to be asked none to be answered, no mystery, no new character developments no new nothing and this may be contradicting myself but the version 0.38 gave us those things but to lesser extent since it only delved into Tsuakasa's character and Yumi's backstory a little bit. Then you get to the newest update which is essentially a slice of life update. I don't know if I should lower my expectations which is hard to do considering were coming off of Sel's best writing to date. But man I hope after the break in May things pick back up because it feels like the plot has been dragging its feet.

Jun 20, 2023
I am still disgusted and severely disappointed in that little "4 wall break" in the beginning of the update and I just noticed a deeper context in it. That moronic move from Sel was done while promoting a song from some uninvolved person. Just imagine: you are a guy who likes music and writes one, then some douchebag while berating and insulting other creators and authors start promoting you in the same breath, that kind of shit is a bad look and negative rep. Not to mention that song is honestly great, but very out of place, combined with a scum move from Sel and it basically deals a major disservice for a promoted creator. I wrote 3 comments so far and each of it is negative. Unfortunately this update showed a new low even for Sel. I am honestly very repulsed by such scumbag behaviour in this update, the more I think about it.

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
Clarification request: I'll obviously back my saves up before installing the update anyways, but if I've got the leaked Care Packages, do I need to go back and "reinstall" the DRM removal patch (ie. replace the GUI.rpy file)?

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Overall I enjoyed this update, it had its moments and it was a bit silly but I think I get people's frustrations with it. It was another update where nothing important really happened but you got a few theory scraps here and there to keep you from being famished. It was just all very stagnant storywise.

I think Sel is maybe a bit too beholden to these special event updates. Dorm Wars + Halloween + Christmas makes for 3 shoehorned things that need to happen every year. With updates now being reduced to 10 a year, it's becoming more noticeable that they're taking a huge chunk of the story progression and pacing.

Hateitfuckit

May 18, 2019
This update was utter shit for me. Half of the events were filled with random bs and the lewd events were also pretty cringe and boring. This update is a clear example of stalling and without sensei this game is literally boring mess. While, some parts were obviously good like maya-Ami, sensei-maya, nodoka-io, etc but compared to other dorm wars this is a huge disappointment. Probably the worst update yet.

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
Honestly, I kind of liked the update. A nice step back from drama and emotion overloads (not that I dislike those), just some nice fun which is good sometimes. Well, aside from the Sensei part.
The Nodoka part at the end took me by complete surprise, honestly. Almost felt a bit forced just to create connections between girls that would have had none otherwise, but it was still fun nonetheless. Oh and the Touka horse dick thing was weird, one time was fun but repeated 4-5 times was weird.
Also those post death ball looks were 10/10 and they better come back ASAP.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm living rent-free in Sel's head.
Ah so that's what this dorm war's 4th wall break rant was about.

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm living rent-free in Sel's head.
Hey now that this is a topic, I literally downloaded ur game like 2 days ago and a there are a lot of soundtracks that are the same from LiL; are those like generic from these kind of games or something?
Also the format of the game, the way a day ends and start, even the "..." when a scene ends are the same, are those things common in these games? Because LiL is the only game I've played of this genre and idk if ur copying everything or if is just like the common format of these games...

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
One would think that Sel would be at least neutral with people being inspired by his work.
Welp, I'm kinda a Selebus hater but, and clarifying that I am completely ignorant in this genre, "inspired" is not the word I would use tbh, I get that using KK all games would kinda look simillar but if apart from the aesthetic everything is just the same is more like a copy i think.

L_Elyot

Dissonance Dev
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2022
Also, I love how he goes on a rant about one of the more recent very-simiilar games, but hasn't said a peep about the one HE ACTIVELY PROMOTED ON HIS PATREON that turned out to be made by a literal, actual convicted predator.
Except neither he nor StoryAnon nor anyone knew that the guy who made that was doing that shit? As far as I'm aware, mentioning him or his game in LiLcord is basically taboo now. Sure, he could make some show of how that guy is fucking disgusting and how he no longer supports it, but just letting it die in silence is also fair. It doesn't give it anymore attention and that game deserves a quiet and unremarkable death. (But here's hoping the creator's death is painful in contrast).

ItsAtrX

Developer of Lost in You
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Hey now that this is a topic, I literally downloaded ur game like 2 days ago and a there are a lot of soundtracks that are the same from LiL; are those like generic from these kind of games or something?
Also the format of the game, the way a day ends and start, even the "..." when a scene ends are the same, are those things common in these games? Because LiL is the only game I've played of this genre and idk if ur copying everything or if is just like the common format of these games...
Most of the music tracks we share are near the top when sorting by most downloads on (in particular, we share a number of tracks from the artist "Sharou"). Though, as far as I'm aware, that is a relatively small portion of the soundtrack. The format is something most games inspired by LiL copy to different degrees, with some putting a spin on things at times, but they're generally fairly similar sandbox-lites.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes