Jun 1, 2022
Also, I love how he goes on a rant about one of the more recent very-simiilar games, but hasn't said a peep about the one HE ACTIVELY PROMOTED ON HIS PATREON that turned out to be made by a literal, actual convicted predator.
Look I kinda understand your point but why in the fuck would he even want to aknowledge a game that was made by a predator?

It would have been a terrible idea to reference Sensei Overnight directly, lmao.

Reactions: crustlord12
Jun 1, 2022
This is the kind of update that is frustrating only for those who play this monthly, you can't fucking let Sensei aside when he is on his fucking peak as a character, Nodokathlon was so frustrating to read because of this, it was so fucking long and I just cared about whatever Maya and Sensei where doing.

Overall this update was weird, because I feel like it might work well once this game is complete and it's a nice break for what overall is the most depressive chapter in the game so far. But right know, yeah, that was just *Egh*.

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
If one day Selebus were replaced by a ghostwriter who also assumed control of the story's artistic vision, would anyone notice a difference? Is the direction LiL is heading in so unique that it couldn't be replicated by anyone else without readers noticing any deviation from its original direction?

With the way LiL is developed, there are no secrets that "happy accidents" occur, blending and weaving the interruptions and personal experiences of Selebus' life alongside the story of LiL. But how far could these diversions go before any of us notice a difference or deviation from "what Lessons in Love should be/should have been," assuming it had any vague direction or objective to begin with?

Too little flexibility yields a rigid narrative that doesn't blend well with passing times, but too much flexibility and there may not be a narrative backbone at all—no true story to tell, just whatever comes to mind at a given moment, and mindsets change by the hour. That is the sort of feeling I get with how haywire recent chapters have been, and I'm interested to see if anyone else catches a glimpse of that or if I am just reading into it too much. Maybe it's progressing as intended, or maybe there's too much improvisation, as we know.

From what I could tell, though, Selebus seems to be vague about everything regarding the narrative direction of Lessons in Love, making it impossible to decipher between character development or character deviation—apart from the financial objectives; only there are his goals made abundantly clear.
The moment LiL starts to have logical puzzles, stop having Raid Shadow ads and the stupidly large nonsense monoloue dissapear, then we will notice Sel was replaced xd

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Most of the music tracks we share are near the top when sorting by most downloads on (in particular, we share a number of tracks from the artist "Sharou"). Though, as far as I'm aware, that is a relatively small portion of the soundtrack. The format is something most games inspired by LiL copy to different degrees, with some putting a spin on things at times, but they're generally fairly similar sandbox-lites.
If Sharou composed the Tsukoika Manor theme, they deserve a fucking Grammy

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Looking at most of the comments, the majority didn't like Nodoka's Show and the lack of Akira at the events and in my opinion that makes sense.

Akira is at the height of his development so it makes people want to see him and Selly not using this to his advantage to create many interesting events of the broken/depressed Akira with the girls is very stupid of him.

I think it's funny that of the recent updates, the two that people complained about the most were the ones where Akira barely appeared, which was 0.36 and 0.39 hahaha.

And about Nodoka's show with the girls, that made 0 sense and it was a lot of nothing to see, especially after what Nodoka did with Io, so I think the majority didn't like it because of that and besides the focus of it being on Yuri content which apparently is one of Selly's fetishes, and probably the majority here if you want to see the content H is Akira with some girl so it makes you feel this hatred in that part.

As someone even said this was so out of the ordinary that it seemed like part of a care package, I really wouldn't be surprised if something like that appears in a care package in the future.

I really think that Selly got lost in the Yuri part and I speak as someone who likes Yuri, he's really exaggerating since that's not the focus of the game, so in my opinion he really should go back to relaxing on that.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Another thing to note about Nodokathon is that if she's learning how to distort reality, it makes sense for things to go farther than normal. Today you are organizing a pseudo-orgy with horny girls, tomorrow you get the power to throw straight girls into surprise threesomes a-la Toys and the day after you too can make Akira check out and rape someone in the name of your divine glory.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
- Okay theory time: In the scene where Ami and Maya were talking, I kiiiiinda feel like Maya unknowingly made a deal she shouldn’t have. Like, a divine one… With the whole “you can do anything” promise when she lies about not sleeping with Sensei.
I too felt that moment was a bit of a deal-with-a-demon kind of situation... like, imagine if Ami was the sole power in control of this bubble world and Maya just renewed her punishment of having to watch Akira get reset a million times... i was reminded of that story about the guy who gets three wishes but the story starts with him only having one left and no memory of making the previous two, after making his wish the genie/demon says 'funny, that was your first wish'.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
After replaying the update I feel like Maya's events should've been in the next update and ran next to Ami's event when she presumably gets our of her Della state or further down the road. The reunion between the two feels like it was to early. When Sensei painted Molly he avoided her for what feels like forever and he doesn't love her but the moment he sees the new Maya he fucks her. I know he is still kind of subconsciously blocking new Maya and did it because it feels familiar. But it just feels to early when Sensei was in a catatonic state for boning Maya prime out of existence 3 updates ago.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 297 Votes