Oct 10, 2021
After replaying the update I feel like Maya's events should've been in the next update and ran next Ami's event when she presumably gets our of her Della state or further down the road. The reunion between the two feels like it was to early. When Sensei painted Molly he avoided her for what feels like forever and he doesn't love her but the moment he sees the new Maya he fucks her. I know he is still kind of subconsciously blocking new Maya and did it because it feels familiar. But it just feels to early when Sensei was in a catatonic state for boning Maya prime out of existence 3 updates ago.
Eh, dude is a hornyness machine and given that he is losing control of himself (not just gods stuff, but being actually unhinged at times) it makes sense that he would make more erratic decisions than ever before, like Makoto when she found out her father died.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Ma1phas

May 18, 2022
People joke about how he thinks he invented denpa, but the dude thinks he pioneered the modern VN UI.
This is more arrogant IMO, as the ui is barely generic. Even below average. There's not even a next button to directly jump from girl to girl without hitting back, and the phone contacts scroll to the top whenever you go back, proving a minor annoyance when trying to spam call for new events.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jeraviel

Jan 10, 2024
TL;DR: dissapointing update with some interesting moments here and there. Somehow it felt like Selebus writing degraded to a concerning degree. I would say "it was like we were back to the first few updates of the game!!!" but those aren't even that bad in comparison...I have a feeling that this update will go down as a shit stain in an otherwise great indie VN

First, the elephant in the room:

Also I hope I'm not the only one who had to mute the music during the dorm wars event. Nothing against the band, I'm sure the music is great, it is simply that I could not concentrate on reading the text while hearing an English singer in my head sing

Last edited:

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Just started the update but please hoping for more of this. Especially towards the MC.
Well, we would definetly see more of grown Noriko. Also, my girl has chosen her youngest classmate over Kirin :love:
I think it's funny that of the recent updates, the two that people complained about the most were the ones where Akira barely appeared, which was 0.36 and 0.39 hahaha.
Well, may it be because there was not neither main plot nor character route updates? Also, 0.36 was nice compared to this trash of update
does someone got a guide for this update?
I do. https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-v0-39-0-selebus.48158/post-13215963
Don't be a dick, this update has some lust requirements for certain scenes. URM solves the propblem obviously

PS: sorry for not reading walls of text, they are mostly rants and I can rant myself; so I just skiped everything.

Dec 31, 2021
I'm still confused as to why this is "the darkest chapter" or whatever? Like I get that Sensei is mopey and Ami is in a bad way, but just telling us over and over how bad everyone feels doesn't make it dark. To me, Chapter 3 was far and away "darker" than this chapter, and unless something changes (which would involve actually moving the plot forward in any meaningful way), I'm not sure its going to rise to the level of previous chapters.

I agree with the above post about feeling like this update was phoning in an essay right before the due date. Writing was low quality by this game's standards for most of it, the 4th wall breaks were most certainly the worst they've been yet, and I had to mute most of the dorm wars because the music did not fit at all and was super distracting while trying to read.

I'm glad that some people at least enjoyed it to some degree, but I was incredibly disappointed, sadly. I want this game, this story, to succeed and be great; right now, its just not. To me, at least.

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
I'm personally fine with the lack of a protagonist in the story at this stage of its development, given Akira's frustration at realizing his own powerlessness in the face of all this mystical shit happening to him.
What really sucks about this update is its structure. We're shown how Maya is finally going to meet Akira, but the story switches to Dorm Wars instead. Then we're shown Maya getting into a confrontation with Noriko, and again we're switched to Dorm Wars and it goes on and on. Really annoying shit considering how different the mood of these events is.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
So, finally finished the update.
Started it yesterday but decided to go to sleep, earlier than normal to boot.
Music is good, but NOT meant for LiL, and too much lirics in the song while reading is a no-no.
On another note.
Damn, is it me or Sel should just drop the whole Dorm Wars thing for a year or 2? I mean, it seems that christmas and halloween is no longer in the cards, since it's perpetual spring now, which I deem as a perk, but I really hope that sport events is a 1 time thing, since it's always either nonsense or boring.

By the way, "campfire" is always a highlight of sport events, that was not present here (the only thing I actually looked forward for). Maybe Sel spilled coffee on the memo that said "campfire" and now it's "camping".

For whatever reason I really expected that sensei will appear at the end of this all with "I'm back, bitches!" and was disappointed when that was not the case.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Are we sure that the ‘camping side story’ update for 0.40 is even legitimate? Or was it just another April Fools joke?

I ask this because I specifically remember a roadmap being posted here before that was quite different, albeit judging from the original release date, it’s probably old or got altered somehow (I know Sel said he’s taking a break for a couple months).

Even still, I kinda hope this original plan is what happens… Because tbh I fear the implications of what a camping side story could possibly mean.

I’m just sick of the yuritopia stuff, man lol. We need Akira back in the fray.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
You aren't able to really give flak for the update, or most of his writing or he comes out with 'I'm a professional writer and you're not' type bullshit. Then you're either kicked or banned.
How completely unsurprising.
Are we sure that the ‘camping side story’ update for 0.40 is even legitimate? Or was it just another April Fools joke?

I ask this because I specifically remember a roadmap being posted here before that was quite different, albeit judging from the original release date, it’s probably old or got altered somehow (I know Sel said he’s taking a break for a couple months).

Even still, I kinda hope this original plan is what happens… Because tbh I fear the implications of what a camping side story could possibly mean.

I’m just sick of the yuritopia stuff, man lol. We need Akira back in the fray.
Well, the next one is supposed to be all about side characters and the original list is almost entirely side characters so i kind of doubt that wasn't the plan and i can see the adults thinking this might be a way to help Akira recover so yeah, i'm leaning heavily towards this all being preplanned a while ago. I mean, Selly has to have had some idea of how to Bring Akira back to the usual routine before he broke him or he could've easily written himself into a corner.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
How completely unsurprising.

Well, the next one is supposed to be all about side characters and the original list is almost entirely side characters so i kind of doubt that wasn't the plan and i can see the adults thinking this might be a way to help Akira recover so yeah, i'm leaning heavily towards this all being preplanned a while ago. I mean, Selly has to have had some idea of how to Bring Akira back to the usual routine before he broke him or he could've easily written himself into a corner.
Yeah, in hindsight that makes sense. Guess I’m just antsy for a return to form after the last 4 updates being kinda weird. We have to be approaching a reset update very soon, though, (maybe in 0.41 or 0.42) so that may come sooner rather than later. Yasu’s breakdown and Tsuneyo’s strange disappearance only seem to allude to this further.

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
so this is just a male power fantasy where every girl loves you and you fuck everything with tits? or is there real romance and story?

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
so this is just a male power fantasy where every girl loves you and you fuck everything with tits? or is there real romance and story?
I've tried to write four different summaries for you and keep getting lost in the details so i'm just gonna say, it starts off like the former and very much becomes the latter, but this story really isn't for everyone and imo you'd be better off not getting hooked on it. I don't recommend this VN to anyone tbh, we'd all be better off not being stuck with this one dominating our minds/attention/standards.

c8c3l

Jul 5, 2023
The whole point of this update is maya and sensei, dorm war it always boring for me if it not have akira or lore relate but it still give little detail like kirin and karin or ayane know sana love akira the last part of dorm war is worst it doesn't make sense alot and very out of character but this is nodoka maybe she will reveal something later and another skip sex scene T_T, sel really choose boring ah yuri became lust event over maya and akira that they are highlight of this update it not like ayane or makoto that i already see them having sex so skip some lust scene of them is kinda acceptable but this is maya all lust event she has is handjob and sel just skip her sex scene with akira and show boring ah yuri scene instead what kind of torturn is this T_T

• Sad
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
4.20 star(s) 297 Votes