joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
also my second play-through has been put on hold for the time being, I really had a mental breakdown from this game and I am still in the process of getting through that hump but I do think that in 1 weeks time I should be able to catch up

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
what the fuck is sensei-quest? I thought it was a main event, but now it's marked as its own thing? Maybe it's the puzzle?
It feels pretty stupid to bring up but BRODYQUEST is a thing

And that is silly enough to fit into Selebus's humor / writing as a happy event / reset puzzle event that's intended to last long enough for that song to loop a bunch of times. The stems are also available if he decided to do something about introducing extra tracks / creating their own as we make progress in the event.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It feels pretty stupid to bring up but BRODYQUEST is a thing

And that is silly enough to fit into Selebus's humor / writing as a happy event / reset puzzle event that's intended to last long enough for that song to loop a bunch of times. The stems are also available if he decided to do something about introducing extra tracks / creating their own as we make progress in the event.
If sensei-quest has to do with Ami, as some have theorized, it's likely a reference to Dragon Quest (as she's a huge nerd to games and manga), which is highly important for j-rpgs, and games overall.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, iirc, dragon quest had to do with a dude that saves the land by taking possession of a glowing ball of light (HOPE) that protects them from winter (Wires?).

But yeah, it could be a silly reference instead. We'll soon find out.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
If sensei-quest has to do with Ami, as some have theorized, it's likely a reference to Dragon Quest (as she's a huge nerd to games and manga), which is highly important for j-rpgs, and games overall.
Also, iirc, dragon quest had to do with a dude that saves the land by taking possession of a glowing ball of light (HOPE) that protects them from winter (Wires?).

But yeah, it could be a silly reference instead. We'll soon find out.
Dragon Quest was also referenced in one of Niki's letters to Akira. It was a game they played together and had fond memories of:

I kinda hope it is connected to the Reset Puzzle, and is a text adventure/choice based mini puzzle like Apollo259 suggested, because that sounds really fun. I can just imagine it filled with wacky bullshit and fantastical elements. :LOL: To anyone who's played Being A DIK before, there was a mini section where the MC and a few other characters played DnD and were quite literally immersed in the world for a little while, your ending depending on what choices you make throughout the small campaign.

Basically something like that is what I envision, but of course I don't expect the multiple endings part, seeing as Reset puzzles (mostly) end one way, Times New Roman being an exception if you choose to stay in the room.

But yeah, tl;dr, hopefully SENSEI QUEST is connected to the Reset Puzzle, and if it is, I hope it's as trippy as I suspect it will be.

4.10 star(s) 304 Votes