I released a new game called "Tifa's Dark Heaven"... How would you prefer this month updates to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dengl

Jul 19, 2018
I respect how interactive you are as a developer, and I think critics of the story will understand your goals once they read through your posts. It's clear you're making something you love and that's awesome, the content should be whatever you want it to be! The main thing I'm trying to highlight is that the split you added may be occurring too late to make the crowd attracted by those "swinging" and "sharing" tags happy with Ariana's behavior in the story. It's really set up as a pure NTR tale after the vanilla split. By the time Ariana's at that poker game, most readers looking for a traditional swing/share story will have already tuned out. If the split happened before that massage parlor scene and could have led to a lighter version of the couple sleeping around/swapping stories/etc. it likely would have been a better fit as a more traditional swing/share story (though I now see that is not the end goal).
Yea exactly this. Before the update of 0.9 main discourse in this thread are the arguments of the "swinging" route which is now changed. Vanilla route is sweet and the other 2 NTR routes are great too. If players are here for NTR content they won't be disappointed.

Let me piece in my opinion on the sharing route now. I will have to say the way dev take on sharing here is new to me as well, I'm sure a lot of people have been debating Ari's actions so I'm not gonna repeat that.
Lets take some games with sharing for example, Sharing is caring, WDR, Exciting games, Deliverance etc etc. In comparison these are really tamed to me right now compared to LTNI LOL.
The difference is that MC and FMC had complete loyalty and honesty with the full control on MC. They do stuffs only when MC push or allow FMC to. WDR for example since most people have played it here, even already on sharing route with Davis/Jamal every time MC and FMC has sex they will ask if they can join and the permission is given by player's choice on MC. Both MC and FMC have their respects.

Now back to here this sharing route is fresh to me indeed with how "weird" Ari does things. And to be honest I wouldn't like it at all if Sieglinnde didn't give me the assurance I need :LOL:. I asked to spill the beans as I am questioning Ari's loyalty in that route because there's already 2 NTR betrayal routes since Dev has his version of how all routes would be expressed and ends with.

Each update is different. Ari can seem like the best, most understanding GF ever, or she can be a complete slut in another update, but she never ever disrespects MC in a malicious way. So we still rooting for the couple.
This is exactly what I feel, almost felt like a bipolar gf. I am indeed confused as fuck when she tease MC in front of Tyrone, and there are even humiliations to MC from them both lmao. I am very interested in what is going to happen further as dev said she is 100% loyal to MC and have no intention of betraying but yet her actions are... weird? And then she care for his feelings and did apologize at the end saying hope it's all to his liking. I'm lost right now and in need of their vanilla route content to counter against this :devilish:.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Sharing mixed with NTR just spices things up :devilish:
We just need more games which are able to distinguish and separate physical and emotional intimacy.

Meaning I want more games where there are sharing scenes that are nasty and intense while the original couple are still in love and trusting. Sadly these two aspects are almost always forced into collinearity; ntr scenes will have the hottest sex scenes and sharing scenes will be lukewarm.

I bet I could snag a bunch of ntr fans and persuade them over to the sharing camp if this was more often the case.

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
does any one else have a missing pic showing while playing the swingers route
Hey man, can you tell me more about this? Like, showing me a picture or something... You are playing in PC? Or in which platform you are playing?

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Let me piece in my opinion on the sharing route now. I will have to say the way dev take on sharing here is new to me as well, I'm sure a lot of people have been debating Ari's actions so I'm not gonna repeat that.
Lets take some games with sharing for example, Sharing is caring, WDR, Exciting games, Deliverance etc etc. In comparison these are really tamed to me right now compared to LTNI LOL.
The difference is that MC and FMC had complete loyalty and honesty with the full control on MC. They do stuffs only when MC push or allow FMC to. WDR for example since most people have played it here, even already on sharing route with Davis/Jamal every time MC and FMC has sex they will ask if they can join and the permission is given by player's choice on MC. Both MC and FMC have their respects.

Now back to here this sharing route is fresh to me indeed with how "weird" Ari does things. And to be honest I wouldn't like it at all if @Sieglinnde didn't give me the assurance I need :LOL:. I asked to spill the beans as I am questioning Ari's loyalty in that route because there's already 2 NTR betrayal routes since Dev has his version of how all routes would be expressed and ends with.
Hi! You both mention and miss an important point of sharing/swinging and why games like "Sharing is caring, Wifey´s Dilemma revisited, Exciting game, Deliverance, Nothing is forever" to name a couple, are favourites of the sharing/swinging fans.

I mentioned it in another thread, while we don´t share/swing (beside bedroom fantasies), we know couples who do. And for it to function well, there need to be some ingredients, with the most important honesty and respect. Respect between the people, respect of boundaries and red lines!
Talk openly and honestly about the things you want and what you cannot stand. Agree on what you all are okay with. And respect this! You can test something and decide to add it to your "okay list" or say, worth the try, but no thank you no more of this stuff ever.
There is a vast continuum of stuff you can do, some couples like practically "vanilla" sharing/swinging, others heavy fetish variants and anything inbetween.
One couple we we know likes gangbangs, he is very much okay with her being a wild slut in the bedroom (or at other places;) ) and there are quite some things which are completely fine for the two (cannot name all their likes, they would become recognisable), but they will for instance never accept humiliation stuff or total gutter trash talk.
Another couple on the other hand, really likes trash talk when they "play", but would balk at her being gangbanged, just as an example.

The point I want to make is that while their likes and what they consider okay are different, they have stable relationships because of respect and playing "above the table". The games above reflect this in some of their paths! And no, it does not have to be smooth sailing all along, but tasks to overcome or how to deal with possible home wreckers and such things! But at the end, you can reach a successfull and hot sharing/swinging path in these games.

And this ability to gain such successful sharing/swinging path is curremtly missing in LTNI, despite there being an in nomine "sharing" path.

Sieglinnde makes a really sweet vanilla path and the NTR paths are definitely something NTR fans will find great, but the "sharing" path is a miss, still a false flag. I agree with Adamska here, there is too little, too late on the path to make it palatable to the sharing/swinging fans. From the beginning Ariana was lying and cheating, blandishing her deeds and disrespecting the MMC and their relationship BIG time and kept on doing it! And as the cream topping of her ego trip she wants to keep the MC to herself.
This is a detestable variant of Ariana, a disloyal, cheating, lying piece of trash. She wanted Tyrone from the beginning and abused the MC´s fantasies for her and only her gain. Disrespecting both her boyfriend and their relationship. I actually just wait to see how long it will take for her to give the MC the middle finger once more.

I know from your posts that you wanted to make a sharing path with troubles along the way, but that is not the way for it. It is one thing to e.g. go to far due to maybe miscommunication or heat of the moment, but that is not the case here. It is made clear from early on on this path, that Ariana wanted Tyrone and just needed an excuse to do so.

Sieglinnde, do not take everything we write to your heart. LTNI is a good game with some welldone paths, it is just that for the fans of sharing/swinging that route is an allround miss, due to it being developed from a NTR situation.

Reactions: Griev and Adamska

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Hi! You both mention and miss an important point of sharing/swinging and why games like "Sharing is caring, Wifey´s Dilemma revisited, Exciting game, Deliverance, Nothing is forever" to name a couple, are favourites of the sharing/swinging fans.

I mentioned it in another thread, while we don´t share/swing (beside bedroom fantasies), we know couples who do. And for it to function well, there need to be some ingredients, with the most important honesty and respect. Respect between the people, respect of boundaries and red lines!
Talk openly and honestly about the things you want and what you cannot stand. Agree on what you all are okay with. And respect this! You can test something and decide to add it to your "okay list" or say, worth the try, but no thank you no more of this stuff ever.
There is a vast continuum of stuff you can do, some couples like practically "vanilla" sharing/swinging, others heavy fetish variants and anything inbetween.
One couple we we know likes gangbangs, he is very much okay with her being a wild slut in the bedroom (or at other places;) ) and there are quite some things which are completely fine for the two (cannot name all their likes, they would become recognisable), but they will for instance never accept humiliation stuff or total gutter trash talk.
Another couple on the other hand, really likes trash talk when they "play", but would balk at her being gangbanged, just as an example.

The point I want to make is that while their likes and what they consider okay are different, they have stable relationships because of respect and playing "above the table". The games above reflect this in some of their paths! And no, it does not have to be smooth sailing all along, but tasks to overcome or how to deal with possible home wreckers and such things! But at the end, you can reach a successfull and hot sharing/swinging path in these games.

And this ability to gain such successful sharing/swinging path is curremtly missing in LTNI, despite there being an in nomine "sharing" path.

Sieglinnde makes a really sweet vanilla path and the NTR paths are definitely something NTR fans will find great, but the "sharing" path is a miss, still a false flag. I agree with Adamska here, there is too little, too late on the path to make it palatable to the sharing/swinging fans. From the beginning Ariana was lying and cheating, blandishing her deeds and disrespecting the MMC and their relationship BIG time and kept on doing it! And as the cream topping of her ego trip she wants to keep the MC to herself.
This is a detestable variant of Ariana, a disloyal, cheating, lying piece of trash. She wanted Tyrone from the beginning and abused the MC´s fantasies for her and only her gain. Disrespecting both her boyfriend and their relationship. I actually just wait to see how long it will take for her to give the MC the middle finger once more.

I know from your posts that you wanted to make a sharing path with troubles along the way, but that is not the way for it. It is one thing to e.g. go to far due to maybe miscommunication or heat of the moment, but that is not the case here. It is made clear from early on on this path, that Ariana wanted Tyrone and just needed an excuse to do so.

Sieglinnde, do not take everything we write to your heart. LTNI is a good game with some welldone paths, it is just that for the fans of sharing/swinging that route is an allround miss, due to it being developed from a NTR situation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Either way, I don't want you guys to feel that I take everything personal and that you can't have an opinion or anything like that, I apologize if I made it seem that way.... I'm always excited to see that people have commented on the game thread or my other game as well... Maybe I don't like that they compare my game with other games to base their opinion, but it's not something that affects my game directly... Besides I know that we all have different opinions about the subject and the different routes... I'm not saying that people like you, who say this kind of things and explain how a Sharing route should be or explain how detestable they find Ariana to be are wrong... I know that is the point of view you have and what you felt and I respect that, just as I respect the view of others telling me that they liked Ariana's behavior or that they liked how the game plays out... They are opinions and visions and I appreciate them and I really consider them for the already established routes that there are right now in the game

Last edited:

dmmt

May 8, 2020
wont progress past the prologuez:

char says : I don't know if depressed is the right word...,ore like confused.

next screeen:

I'm...

and thats it. click click click nuthin happens. TAB? nuthin SPACEBAR? nuthin wait 5 minutes? nuthin

ENTER finally let it proceed

• Angry
Reactions: Griev

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
wont progress past the prologuez:

char says : I don't know if depressed is the right word...,ore like confused.

next screeen:

I'm...

and thats it. click click click nuthin happens. TAB? nuthin SPACEBAR? nuthin wait 5 minutes? nuthin

ENTER finally let it proceed
That's where you put your name...

• Haha
Reactions: Griev

dengl

Jul 19, 2018
Either way, I don't want you guys to feel that I take everything personal and that you can't have an opinion or anything like that, I apologize if I made it seem that way.... I'm always excited to see that people have commented on the game thread or my other game as well... Maybe I don't like that they compare my game with other games to base their opinion, but it's not something that affects my game directly... Besides I know that we all have different opinions about the subject and the different routes... I'm not saying that people like you, who say this kind of things and explain how a Sharing route should be or explain how detestable they find Ariana to be are wrong... I know that is the point of view you have and what you felt and I respect that, just as I respect the view of others telling me that they liked Ariana's behavior or that they liked how the game plays out... They are opinions and visions and I appreciate them and I really consider them for the already established routes that there are right now in the game
Hmm.... Are you talking about "NTR/Sharing" or "sharing". "NTR/sharing" are obviously more leaning towards NTR aspect. I don't think we mind that bit though. What Turret mentioned seems to be more specifically on the "sharing" route.

But anyway back on my post earlier, did I missed something about is it MC really getting off from Ari and Tyrone's humiliation and did Ari really mean to humiliate him or is it just for his pleasure.
I asked because humiliation kink is very new to me as I just moved on from games when I see those LOL. Remember "Hotwife Ashley" ? The game started out amazing as a sharing game and suddenly took a quick 180 degree turn to a pure cuckold game with intense humiliation and caging her husband (I don't even think he is into this). Back then it was all still avoidable with choices and after a few updates I had to drop it because even if avoided the penis cage and humiliation choices, MC still be called out as a beta cuck wimp by his boss :LOL:.

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Hmm.... Are you talking about "NTR/Sharing" or "sharing". "NTR/sharing" are obviously more leaning towards NTR aspect. I don't think we mind that bit though. What @Turret mentioned seems to be more specifically on the "sharing" route.
From both... Since the point of the matter was that pure "sharing" came very late in the story

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
But anyway back on my post earlier, did I missed something about is it MC really getting off from Ari and Tyrone's humiliation and did Ari really mean to humiliate him or is it just for his pleasure.
In situations like this is where I don't really want to give my view of the matter and I like to leave it up to each person's interpretation... I feel like I would lose the joke if I clarified it

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
I'm making a Christmas Special (I know, it's october... But these things take time :BootyTime:) and I made a poll in my patreon for public to decide the name of it... You can check it out here

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi Sieglinnde !
I am a hobby writer myself, so I would never tell a fellow writer/artist how to do a sharing route or so. But I wanted to explain the perspective of most sharing/swinging fans and that you will loose or already have lost them due to the way the "sharing" path in LTNI starts and goes on for a while.

The Ariana from the romance route is a real cutie and it is much fun to play these path, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the Ariana of the "NTR/sharing" path is detestable, which is not neccessary, but the way she is written on this path leaves no doubt about it.
For comparison, "Only her" has some sharing events which run really close to NTR, but even at her worst moments the wife in the game shows more compassion and love than Ariana on the supposedly "sharing" route. If you play the prologue of "Only her" in depth you learn that the wife is even willing to kill for the MC and their relationship and there are always little scenes where we can see how close the two are, even if they do hardcore sharing close to NTR.

Now here in LTNI on the supposedly sharing path it is made clear from the start that Ariana wanted Tyrone and just needed an excuse. She abuses the trust given her, disrespects the MC and their relationship, she lies and cheats repeatedly with obvious pleasure and her first "I´m sorry" isn´t worth the paper since she starts lying and cheating again. Only now in the new update come some inklings that she is sorry for what she did. Very late and given the path so far, it is doubtful Ariana will be sorry for long and her cheating and lying will start again, because she gave us zero reason to trust her anymore.
This is how many sharing/swinging fans will see this "sharing" path. I know you wanted to show a sharing path without smooth sailing and much rough rocky water, but you put the cart before the horse here.
Instead to show a loving couple e.g. going too far too quick, entangling themselves in stuff, needing to find their way out, due to the hard NTR situation at path start, Ariana comes across in a very dim light. The feel is transmitted that she is with the MC only for convenience, she wanted Tyrone from the start and it is only a matter of time until she dumps the MC for Tyrone in a hurtful way. That is a great setup for a NTR path, but not a sharing/swinging one.

I will look into the coming chapters to see how it develops, but I´ll have more fun playing the romance path which is welldone.

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Hi Sieglinnde !
I am a hobby writer myself, so I would never tell a fellow writer/artist how to do a sharing route or so. But I wanted to explain the perspective of most sharing/swinging fans and that you will loose or already have lost them due to the way the "sharing" path in LTNI starts and goes on for a while.

The Ariana from the romance route is a real cutie and it is much fun to play these path, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the Ariana of the "NTR/sharing" path is detestable, which is not neccessary, but the way she is written on this path leaves no doubt about it.
For comparison, "Only her" has some sharing events which run really close to NTR, but even at her worst moments the wife in the game shows more compassion and love than Ariana on the supposedly "sharing" route. If you play the prologue of "Only her" in depth you learn that the wife is even willing to kill for the MC and their relationship and there are always little scenes where we can see how close the two are, even if they do hardcore sharing close to NTR.

Now here in LTNI on the supposedly sharing path it is made clear from the start that Ariana wanted Tyrone and just needed an excuse. She abuses the trust given her, disrespects the MC and their relationship, she lies and cheats repeatedly with obvious pleasure and her first "I´m sorry" isn´t worth the paper since she starts lying and cheating again. Only now in the new update come some inklings that she is sorry for what she did. Very late and given the path so far, it is doubtful Ariana will be sorry for long and her cheating and lying will start again, because she gave us zero reason to trust her anymore.
This is how many sharing/swinging fans will see this "sharing" path. I know you wanted to show a sharing path without smooth sailing and much rough rocky water, but you put the cart before the horse here.
Instead to show a loving couple e.g. going too far too quick, entangling themselves in stuff, needing to find their way out, due to the hard NTR situation at path start, Ariana comes across in a very dim light. The feel is transmitted that she is with the MC only for convenience, she wanted Tyrone from the start and it is only a matter of time until she dumps the MC for Tyrone in a hurtful way. That is a great setup for a NTR path, but not a sharing/swinging one.

I will look into the coming chapters to see how it develops, but I´ll have more fun playing the romance path which is welldone.
I understand what you are saying... I personally wouldn't "pigeonhole" Sharing fans by saying this is what they're going to dislike (only because I don't like to generalize on things as subjective as this) but I get your point... I really do and I understand what the problem you have is.... And I'm not going to tell you that I'm "against" that vision you have of Ariana since I mentioned before that I feel it "takes away the joke" if I give my original and personal vision that I considered when making certain decisions for the characters
I'm glad to see people who like how Ariana behaves, just as I'm glad to see people upset about her behavior... Since that makes me feel that I have done things right by everyone having different considerations of a character... There are the objective facts, such as moments in which Ariana does objectively bad and reprehensible things... And it's accepted and understood that you consider her someone bad because of that

I understand that some people who like some kind of Sharing will see the first portion of the game (with the NTR/Swinging route) and dislike it and don't think it necessary to go all the way to the "Sharing" route to enjoy what they really like and I accept that... What you're saying is a fact (we've all seen it, with reviews from certain people and other comments). Even with that, I am happy with the people who give it a chance... I was a fan of the Sharing you talk about before, but I started to get bored with the premise... That the husband is completely okay and happy with what happens... I want that intrigue of it hurting but still enjoying it and you don't really know what's going on... And in my story (at first) I wanted to put all those difficulties...
I don't mean to question your knowledge (even if it's a hobby) of writing, as I personally am not one... That's why you can imagine how happy I feel when different people tell me different considerations they have about some characters... They make me feel that I made them (in a certain way) profound

dengl

Jul 19, 2018
I was a fan of the Sharing you talk about before, but I started to get bored with the premise... That the husband is completely okay and happy with what happens... I want that intrigue of it hurting but still enjoying it and you don't really know what's going on... And in my story (at first) I wanted to put all those difficulties...
Yep your take of the Sharing route is certainly fresh to me compared to other games where it does hurt when we feel for the relationship of MC and Ari. As for you putting all these in it's like you picked the Nightmare/Hell difficulty to start when you play a game :LOL:.

Only now in the new update come some inklings that she is sorry for what she did.
And this though I hope the following updates will continue to keep showing her love and care for MC and their relationship.
Since the sharing route is certainly going at different direction compared to ntr/sharing. What I'm expecting from sharing is a loving gf while ntr/sharing is a cheating gf, MOAR cheating!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sieglinnde

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Hi Sieglinnde !
Upvoted and seconded for Only Her being an excellent example of a game where the sharing path runs extremely close to NTR, but the basic tonality is fundamentally different, and hits different, in an excellent way IMO.

I was a fan of the Sharing you talk about before, but I started to get bored with the premise... That the husband is completely okay and happy with what happens... I want that intrigue of it hurting but still enjoying it and you don't really know what's going on...
I get where you're coming from, but as I've said in prior most several times, understand fundamentally this is an NTR-centric analysis. Feeling like there needs to be some "intrigue in it hurting but still enjoying" is sharing viewed through an NTR lens. And as I said, that's fine for an ntr path, but not for a sharing path.

Consider applying this logic to another genre. If a sharing game enthusiast designed a hybrid harem/sharing game, and they themselves looked at the harem paths, they'd certainly think "those paths are boring, they need some intrigue where the girls in the harem flirt/mess around with other guys.

But that would destroy the harem paths, because that kind of thinking is so diametrically opposed to the idea of a harem path. Similiarly, this is how it comes across applying an ntr-thought process to sharing path design.

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Upvoted and seconded for Only Her being an excellent example of a game where the sharing path runs extremely close to NTR, but the basic tonality is fundamentally different, and hits different, in an excellent way IMO.

I get where you're coming from, but as I've said in prior most several times, understand fundamentally this is an NTR-centric analysis. Feeling like there needs to be some "intrigue in it hurting but still enjoying" is sharing viewed through an NTR lens. And as I said, that's fine for an ntr path, but not for a sharing path.

Consider applying this logic to another genre. If a sharing game enthusiast designed a hybrid harem/sharing game, and they themselves looked at the harem paths, they'd certainly think "those paths are boring, they need some intrigue where the girls in the harem flirt/mess around with other guys.

But that would destroy the harem paths, because that kind of thinking is so diametrically opposed to the idea of a harem path. Similiarly, this is how it comes across applying an ntr-thought process to sharing path design.
I think that Sharing and harem are not comparable... At least in my personal consideration, because I see "Sharing" as something that looks much better in a ntr scenario, since you share your partner with another... Besides I don't think you can personally say that "this is fine for an ntr path, not a sharing path" because (for me) NTR and Sharing are very much connected with how each person feels it... There are base and objective concepts, but at the end of the day it will depend on how you feel... I personally started with "Marina's cuckolding report" or "Gyaruzuma sex" from Atelier Sakura, and I ended up getting more attached to "Mayumi's cuckolding report" even if I liked Sharing more at that moment... But seeing how Mayumi was hiding things from the husband was making that taste in me grow more... That's why I say that it's something that depends a lot on how you feel... If you feel it differently, that's okay. I'm just telling you how I feel it

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes