EMH

Apr 19, 2018
Anyway most of the people are downloading here the game for free, so i don't see the point of always complaining about delays. Nobody is forced to be a patreon for this game. I am a developper and i know it's very difficult to meet schedules, specially if you are alone or with a small groups.

Razield

Nov 12, 2017
Im more worried about the fact if you do start again you can light the fire on day 2, day 2 ends with a BJ and you then loose 4 days as it comes up with day 6 morning. i think there is a change in the code somewhere that makes this a a little unplayable.

Reactions: mdmnsjs1

Tickle

Dec 31, 2017
Probably no one will answer, but still - is someone planning or already doing the android version for newer than 0.7a ?

Aug 1, 2017
I have gone back now and deleted my previous comments in this thread from the past 12 hours or so as I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said and the reasons I tried to justify them.

Rather than lash out on a public forum I should have taken the mature approach of contacting the developer originally in private and tried to help with some constructive feedback of the game, rather than put them on blast here and potentially negatively affect their livelihood.

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Lewd Island [Day 10 Morning] [xRed Games] - Original Size: 1.38GB

Download Win (528MB): - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

dragon556677

May 2, 2018
Anyway most of the people are downloading here the game for free, so i don't see the point of always complaining about delays. Nobody is forced to be a patreon for this game. I am a developper and i know it's very difficult to meet schedules, specially if you are alone or with a small groups.
People are just people.
Many peoples do best what they can do and its "afraid of the unknown" and "wish to control all the developments". There are only small numbers of people who know that its very hard to meet the schedule and expectations, expecially for ordinary people and when you need to live as human with needs and deeds. They just don't get it that there are no one those can see the future and predict all with 100% accuracy. Just get over it. They do not wish to understand it. Its their way to relieve the "stress" by the express of "concern". Cause you know we all humans, not a robots.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Man, I don't know that I've ever seen a new release of this game where my save games actually worked.
I've always found save games that worked. SOmetimes I had to go back to a save from the previous release, but even then all it needed was perhaps 60 seconds to skip through, before I arrived at the new content.
Sure, it sucks to have to look for a working save, but if you make several saves each update and keep them, it's not really a big problem.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Okay, a few thoughts. As a regular update this was okay.
As an update after so much time, it sucked balls.

Now, I did read what the dev had to say about his problems and I can see how much trouble he had.
I'm not one of those people who rip into devs every time the updates are late and I am willing to accept explanations without doubting them.

In this case however, there's a fault lying with Xred, apart from a late update and not delivering what was promised.
And that fault is simply that he kept quiet about what was happening.
All the time he didn't specify what was happening, all the time he talked about doing a double-sized update and then out of the blue before this release, he suddenly explains what happened with his team.

That's just stupid, because of course those that always mistrust devs are going to do the same here, but even those who would have accepted the reason behind the delays, if they were told about them right from the start, are now sitting here and have to feel frustrated as well.

That's really not the smart way to go about it.

I hope for the sake of the game and the dev, that the new helpers work out AND that he is more open if something similar happens again.
I'm pretty sure people would be more accepting if they had known about the problems from the start and not being kept in the dark so long.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
It's an attitude of self- entitlement, instant gratifcation, and lack of true patience, nor any humility. 20-30 years ago this mindset was not as prevalent as in today's society, and indeed these actions would have been call out by society. As It becomes worse with each passing day... If you were to point out these Character flaws out to those afflicted with these issue's ONe is mocked, ridiculed and Vilified when in true fact they are the one's who wear the real shame. In our attempt to point out these issues to these people their true petulance rises like bile in condemning your attempt at moderation. For they are the enlightened ones.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
In lieu of the discussions about what patreon is and how people act, here's my two cents.

Look, a dev promises you things for your patronage. There are fucking tiers for that reason, showing what you get for each of them.
No, it's not the same as a sale, yes there are people on patreon who promise you nothing for your money, but they are the exception, not the rule.

It's like it is with kickstarter, yes your money is there to make a project possible or to finance the artist/dev etc.. but the moment anybody writes something like "$10 tier means you get an update once a month 14 days before the free release," that is a fucking obligation.
And no amount of sweet-talking BS or semantics changes that if someone promises to deliver you something for getting a set amount of money each month or release or whatever that a sort of contract is created, even if not in the legal, binding way.

And most devs, if not all then at least the good ones, know and accept their obligation and try to fulfil it.
That doesn't mean patrons have to rip them a new one for each delay or that they have to behave like they own the dev, but it also doesn't mean the dev should just take their money and do nothing of what he promises (even if yes, legally according to patreon's rules, he can).
The deal is, unless specified differently, you give me a set amount of money each payment cycle and I do my best to deliver what I promise you in exchange.

There are three ways to deal with things here on this board.
One is to act like entitled assholes. Suspect sinister motives behind everything a dev tells you, make a huge racket and attack devs for the slightest delays, generally just being a pain in the ass and a completely unlikeable human being.
The second option is to be a glutton for punishment and a fool. A sap who finds excuses for every single bullshit a dev pulls, who will defend devs no matter what, even if it is guys like Slonique or the fraud "doing" Dual Family. Someone who has lost any and all credibility, because he always sides with the devs and doesn't seem to have the ability to grasp if someone is just fooling and swindling their patrons out of money.

Both of these are of course the wrong way to deal with this stuff.
There is really only one sensible, rational way and that is the middle ground, be willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, don't act completely and mindlessly entitled, realize that devs are just people like you and me and that earning your money that way can be incredibly stressful, BUT also don't be a fool. Don't close your eyes before the truth and accept that some people really are lazy and really do try to get your money without doing anything for it and that sometimes what looks like a turd and smells like a turd, simply is A TURD! If you delay an update for 10 months and get payment for it, no excuse is acceptable.
If someone like that had any sense of decency or even just one moral fiber in his body, he would simply pause payment until he actually deserves all that money again.

Just to be sure, I'm not talking about XRed here, he should have been more open, but I don't think he is a fraud.
Though he could stop stalling so much, couldn't he? ;)

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
"Daddy, Daddy, wake up, the wind is picking up and there's a storm coming."

And she's stark-ass naked, tits hanging out all over the place (well, they're firm, perky things so they really don't hang, it's more like they're standing out, or outstanding, or both).

So Daddy grabs a blanket and they go to a safe place, and suddenly she's wearing a bikini again.

Slight disconnect there?

Reactions: 0le

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
In lieu of the discussions about what patreon is and how people act, here's my two cents.

Look, a dev promises you things for your patronage. There are fucking tiers for that reason, showing what you get for each of them.
No, it's not the same as a sale, yes there are people on patreon who promise you nothing for your money, but they are the exception, not the rule.

It's like it is with kickstarter, yes your money is there to make a project possible or to finance the artist/dev etc.. but the moment anybody writes something like "$10 tier means you get an update once a month 14 days before the free release," that is a fucking obligation.
And no amount of sweet-talking BS or semantics changes that if someone promises to deliver you something for getting a set amount of money each month or release or whatever that a sort of contract is created, even if not in the legal, binding way.

And most devs, if not all then at least the good ones, know and accept their obligation and try to fulfil it.
That doesn't mean patrons have to rip them a new one for each delay or that they have to behave like they own the dev, but it also doesn't mean the dev should just take their money and do nothing of what he promises (even if yes, legally according to patreon's rules, he can).
The deal is, unless specified differently, you give me a set amount of money each payment cycle and I do my best to deliver what I promise you in exchange.

There are three ways to deal with things here on this board.
One is to act like entitled assholes. Suspect sinister motives behind everything a dev tells you, make a huge racket and attack devs for the slightest delays, generally just being a pain in the ass and a completely unlikeable human being.
The second option is to be a glutton for punishment and a fool. A sap who finds excuses for every single bullshit a dev pulls, who will defend devs no matter what, even if it is guys like Slonique or the fraud "doing" Dual Family. Someone who has lost any and all credibility, because he always sides with the devs and doesn't seem to have the ability to grasp if someone is just fooling and swindling their patrons out of money.

Both of these are of course the wrong way to deal with this stuff.
There is really only one sensible, rational way and that is the middle ground, be willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, don't act completely and mindlessly entitled, realize that devs are just people like you and me and that earning your money that way can be incredibly stressful, BUT also don't be a fool. Don't close your eyes before the truth and accept that some people really are lazy and really do try to get your money without doing anything for it and that sometimes what looks like a turd and smells like a turd, simply is A TURD! If you delay an update for 10 months and get payment for it, no excuse is acceptable.
If someone like that had any sense of decency or even just one moral fiber in his body, he would simply pause payment until he actually deserves all that money again.

Just to be sure, I'm not talking about XRed here, he should have been more open, but I don't think he is a fraud.
Though he could stop stalling so much, couldn't he? ;)
For those who have skin in the game you are on spot. For the rest please be an adult.

3.30 star(s) 119 Votes