ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
"So if the updates are being criticized for being so short, then it's probably more to do with the lopsided ratio of images to dialogue."

THIS. Seems like a lot of lengthy work for something nobody seems to notice. If they just spent more time talking you can get away with a few images and it actually pushes the story past a snail's pace.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
200 renders = approx 10-15 minutes gameplay ( if its well done) .. soo keep that in mind, it will help you to get an idea of the gameplay duration next time if you see a game that mention the renders amounts.
( except game like Akabur that use 20 renders for 3 hours gameplay lol, but its sprites, no renders..)

imho that dev is lazy or extremly busy in his life.
i mean.. a full month and he give 200 renders.
that's what i do, but i cant do better, between my job, famialy and my shitty pc...
200 renders a month is actually pretty damn good for a solo developer. So if the updates are being criticized for being so short, then it's probably more to do with the lopsided ratio of images to dialogue.

Reactions: EpicLust and ltpika

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
The biggest issue with this game for me is the lack of options for the MC. I mean:
If the devs don't have enough free time to dedicate to their game and updates are short, we can deal with it playing other games while we wait for the next release. But when the game offers no real options for the MC, players have nowhere to run.
Right now we have options for the MC actions which will either present a "game over" message, or allow the game to go on, or raise or lower the daughter sanity. It would be more interesting, from my point of view, if we had options like (rub her leg, rub her ass, hug her, hug her from behind, offer a massage, kiss her cheek, kiss her neck, etc.) things that won't mean a drastic turn on events, but will add to the build up of their intimacy. Many of these options should be available at one time and each would add a slight different amount of points until you reach the number needed for more daring options.

crunchie123

Sep 23, 2017
lol afternoon? are updates coming on morning, afternoon and night? ahahahaha i cant believe he is doing that lol
On another topic is it worth playing last time i played i dont even know what happened it was like a dream or something with the daughter on an apartment idk wtf happened there probably on day 3-4 i saw people saying too short but i mean in scenes how good is it now?

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
200 renders = approx 10-15 minutes gameplay ( if its well done) .. soo keep that in mind, it will help you to get an idea of the gameplay duration next time if you see a game that mention the renders amounts.
( except game like Akabur that use 20 renders for 3 hours gameplay lol, but its sprites, no renders..)

imho that dev is lazy or extremly busy in his life.
i mean.. a full month and he give 200 renders.
that's what i do, but i cant do better, between my job, famialy and my shitty pc...

but that guy tho... he got 2k+ per month, soo he obviously can get a freaking monster machine as pc. and his render are based on 2 chars on a freaking island.

if i could do that , with 2 chars in a island and a damn great pc that i could buy with 2k+/month... i will give peoples some freaking huge update :O

like i say... he is extremly busy in life, or he is lazy as fuck just enougth to keep milking his patrons...

they are no excuse behind that.
it would probably depend on if the $30 patreon version has full 4k renders like the wallpapers, while the others have 1080p, and whether he renders 2 seperate images or just downsizes the 4k to 1080p

MegaNZ

Jun 9, 2018
I'm done playing games that need to be started over every time a new update comes out. It took all the joy out of playing.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
it would probably depend on if the $30 patreon version has full 4k renders like the wallpapers, while the others have 1080p, and whether he renders 2 seperate images or just downsizes the 4k to 1080p
what is that change anyway ?

with 2K+$/ month you can build a crazy computer.

doing a 4K render with it wouldnt take much more than the time i need to make a 720p XD

some devs already make full 4K game. it doesnt take them huge time as they release 20-30 minutes update each month.

doing 2 render sof 4K
+
2 renders of 1080 or even 2K . doesnt take more than a day for complete everything. ( and i clearly exaggerate, as a 4K render based on an island with 2 char will probably take 30 minutes at extra maximum with a pc of high quality)

he obviously cant blame is pc power, as he have way more than enougth to get a decent one.
soo he can only blame himself.

Reactions: trdx and IamLegion

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
adding that he can even get multiple pc for multiples rendering and even build a render box with all the money.
wich can boost the speed incredibly.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
You'll have to get yourself access to the Ren'py console ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And yes, the updates are way to short! I also missed the "10 new animations" from the change-log. Where are they? :coldsweat:
It doesn't work, I open the console, then type $ sanity = 10, and nothing happens, are you sure it's the right command for sanity?

pastera

Jun 19, 2017
I actually really enjoyed this update. I didn't play the last couple of updates so I don't know what was added, I started from scratch for this one and there is a lot of good stuff with the daugther.

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
what is that change anyway ?

with 2K+$/ month you can build a crazy computer.

doing a 4K render with it wouldnt take much more than the time i need to make a 720p XD

some devs already make full 4K game. it doesnt take them huge time as they release 20-30 minutes update each month.

doing 2 render sof 4K
+
2 renders of 1080 or even 2K . doesnt take more than a day for complete everything. ( and i clearly exaggerate, as a 4K render based on an island with 2 char will probably take 30 minutes at extra maximum with a pc of high quality)

he obviously cant blame is pc power, as he have way more than enougth to get a decent one.
soo he can only blame himself.
he will have to save up $3000 and buy 2x titan x cards and render in realtime

unless someone benchmarks some RTX cards soon

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
he will have to save up $3000 and buy 2x titan x cards and render in realtime

unless someone benchmarks some RTX cards soon
wich mean 2 months, as this is not his full time work.
and i dont think he live in one of the hardest country in the world.

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
wich mean 2 months, as this is not his full time work.
and i dont think he live in one of the hardest country in the world.
it would'nt even take that, you can pick them up on ebay for half price, corporations have upgraded to the titan v

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Don't forget what the $1500 goal was:

If we reach this goal, I'll be able to hire another person for a part time job, helping me get more content and renders in the game.
I don't think there is another person on this project. And if there is, that person needs to be fired.

Reactions: sanji

Saturn

Jun 10, 2017
I did enjoy the update and the game has a lot of promise not just visually but well written as well. However I do agree with most before me that the updates are way too small compared to most of the other games on here. This game was 45MB bigger than the 'day 6 morning release' which is tiny for this type of game.

3.30 star(s) 119 Votes