Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
When you move the file names.rpa from the patch to the game it asks you if you want to replace the original names.rpa, that happened to me. Just trying to help.
Unless the name has been changed or the format ..
Should have been rewritten ..
With me something strange happens when I get links from the forum ex: saves (attach files) he adds numbers ahead .. being necessary to rename ..
But in the photo ,the icon is strange must be associated with another program?(paint icon??)
with me W10n / 64bits
Untitled.jpg
edit.....Apparently it is associated with paint ..
Maybe this is the problem ..
You will need to disassociate in windows the .rpa file from paint..
There are step by step tutorials on gooogle & youtube depending on your windows version.
The bad news ..if you are not sure what you are doing, can mess up the files associated with paint ..

Last edited:
Reactions: luisar018

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
Snake Plissken Paprika Thanks for trying to help me. I don't know why I didn't try this sooner but I downloaded the uncompressed version and the patch seems to work, so It would seem the problem isn't with the patch but with the compressed version.
Should not be associated with paint..
Sometimes wrong association changes file format.
But if so, it worked ..live and let it die ...:LOL:

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
This was already addressed in this thread couple pages ago, like so.
Interesting tip, as I do not use compressed files (often quality loss).
It didn't cross my mind to ask ..
Now that scripts are altered in the process (I didn't know) is this common or was it something different when compressing the file of this game?
Can it serve as a rule when this problem happens?
I focused on the weird association with paint, learning how to use Daz studio has been a new and rewarding experience for me.
But scripts ..code ..
(when you see that ..)
Matrix].gif
(I see a beautiful woman in a red dress)
I prefer the picture of the woman .. stay with you the little green lines :LOL:
Thanks

Last edited:

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
Interesting tip, as I do not use compressed files (often quality loss).
It didn't cross my mind to ask ..
Now that scripts are altered in the process (I didn't know) is this common or was it something different when compressing the file of this game?
Can it serve as a rule when this problem happens?
I'm not familiar with compressing images but I have used a lot of compressed versions before and this is the first time something like this has happened. This seems to be result of combination of reasons.

This game has been designed so that incest patching would be as easy as possible. Therefore all information you'd like to alter to your liking is easily accessible in their own separate file, in this case 'game/names.rpa'. With this game incest patching means simply editing and/or replacing that file. There are many different ways to implement such feature.

Stuff like scripts and images are usually packed together. To be able to alter or compress images and other files, you need to "unren" the package so you can access them outside of the game. When scripts and images are unpacked they are put in their own directories, either automatically or manually to keep things tidy. As a result, scripts ended up in 'game/scripts'.

For some reason, "names.rpa" in original got converted to "names.rpy". I assume this is because of unren. I've seen something similar before and fixing it was as simple as renaming the file extension. This is NOT advisable though but I thought I'd give it a shot. It worked then but it didn't work now. Quick glance inside the files revealed there were differences, .rpa was almost three times the size of .rpy and contained some code that was tidied away from .rpy, again probably due to unren.

As a result, 'game/names.rpa' changed into 'game/scripts/names.rpy' and because both file and path have changed, incest patching is slightly different between original and compressed versions.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Isn't there a better walkthrough?
And how do you check on the stats?
The only way I know I'm not doing a poor job is when she smiles
And when she gets mad I'm probablly loosing points I think.

I_want_sleep

Oct 13, 2017
Isn't there a better walkthrough?
And how do you check on the stats?
The only way I know I'm not doing a poor job is when she smiles
And when she gets mad I'm probablly loosing points I think.
Here walkthrough only for b2v2.
Stats - right up corner.

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
6 months of wait (exaggeration) to be cucked by Dev again and again:cautious:
YET, you keep coming back for more and more. On the other news, there is a bug that skip Wednesday 2nd week - image does not found. If it does happen to you, relax - more development is ahead.

2.50 star(s) 30 Votes