OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
To clarify for those who may be confused, like I was at first, v0.051 has no extra content from 0.05. It has all images removed except 0.05 content. This is to lay the groundwork into chaptering the game and reducing single file download size. If you download 0.051 you will need a save from 0.04 to continue with the game.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion I have seen people have.

Reactions: zeezlynx

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Chopping the game up in these chapters is gonna confuse users, give rise to plenty of technical issues, not just ones concerning saves and make it harder to replay.
I predict this thread getting flooded with constantly the same question about content missing and requests for saves.
My hope for this game just took another nosedive and another mark against it, certainly after the last time when textures and models went completely missing.
This makes me a sad panda. :cry:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
So Here is Lexi Chapter 2 v0.051 Mega: PC MAC

We will have a Chapter 1 build sometime before the next update. We decided to do this as a way of cutting Download times and size without compromising image quality
Chatterbox

You shouldn't make the game into separate chapters. Sam (the site admin) has said they may start making individual threads for different chapters of games in order to stop filling up the OP with spoilers and links. You can see that conversation in the new Timestamps Ch2 thread that I had with him.
https://f95zone.to/threads/timestamps-lost-love-pe-r1-motkeyz.45268/page-13#post-3003168

You can get someone on here to compress it for you, it'd be better than having the game spread around several threads.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: mitjo and botc76

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Chatterbox

You shouldn't make the game into separate chapters. Sam (the site admin) has said they may start making individual threads for different chapters of games in order to stop filling up the OP with spoilers and links. You can see that conversation in the new Timestamps Ch2 thread that I had with him.
https://f95zone.to/threads/timestamps-lost-love-pe-r1-motkeyz.45268/page-13#post-3003168

You can get someone on here to compress it for you, it'd be better than having the game spread around several threads.
We do know how to compress it but compression leaves artifacts and messes up the color

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
We do know how to compress it but compression leaves artifacts and messes up the color
if you code it properly you can simply build each update as it's own .rpa with all scripts / images / etc. and release it that way, no need to have separate executables. though that would be best done without changing renpy version throughout the entire game.

It's fairly simple with such a linear game. Granted that wouldn't work for android versions though since they don't use rpas and are more of an archive in themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: mitjo

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Chatterbox

This is just a test, tho, not the full launch of a new chapter. It's the same content. So a new thread is premature, he might not even go that route if it's not working.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Just a heads up. If you try playing Chapter 2 v0.051, do not use the start button. Load a save from the end of v0.04 to continue. If you hit start, it will start you at the beginning of the game, and no images from v0.01-v0.04 will be present. In the next chapter I'll make it impossible to use the start button.
So Here is Lexi Chapter 2 v0.051 Mega:

We will have a Chapter 1 build sometime before the next update. We decided to do this as a way of cutting Download times and size without compromising image quality
Thanks guys!
Updated the OP.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
If you played v0.05 fine, then no worries. This is only for people who have not played v0.05 yet, unless someone wants to go back and play it just to see the replaced Lexi images. This version really doesn't even matter, it's just a test to see if the way I'm doing chapters works right. However, there are a couple bug fixes.
i really hope you dont plan on release chapters in new games because that is a shitty way of make some people like me lost interest, i dont want to have 20 games that are the same because you devs think its good to release games in chapters like palmer do...
20 chapters = 20 games , fuck that stupid shit
if u are to release lets say 4 or 5 chapters by game it will be good, like for example Drpinkcake

over the edge

Sep 3, 2018
Ok ....not an update? cuz i started with last save ,and that`s where this one ends......the kitchen scene where she strips in front of all and walks away........

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Chatterbox

I still think the whole timestamps chapter 2 situation was handled very poorly by the site, but given the new circumstances, not splitting the game surely is to be considered.
Yet chatterbox & co are also right, when they consider both quality loss through compression and keeping the file-size of specific downloads small.
I live in Germany and for one of the richest countries, we sure have a fucking bad internet and it can take quite some time to dl greater files, which is why I often choose compressed versions, except for my favourite games and there are certainly users with even worse options here, who also want to play the games with high render quality if they chose so.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
So Here is Lexi Chapter 2 v0.051 Mega: PC MAC

That's a good idea. For people who have already played previous versions to have only the content that is in the update ready to download so they can go from where they left off.

On the other hand, won't doing it this way leave out anyone who is new to the game? What about folks who are on a new machine since previous updates and don't have old saves? What about folks who played it from the start ages ago, and kinda forgot a little bit about what's going on and would like to play it from the start again?

Why not make 2 possible download links for your patrons?

Link 1 = All images included
Link 2 = Only new images included

That way everyone wins, and everyone is happy.

4.70 star(s) 52 Votes