frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I wish they had taken my offer. I was really pumped to turn this thing into greatness :)
To be honest the story the writer came up with was kind of slow and there was no sex in the next chapter, but man I had a lingerie shop ready and everything :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure they will make a comeback one day
That actually makes me sad cause now we won't get to see that render you made. :( :cry:

Also I am really getting into Kaylee. That lingerie she was wearing in the last scene was incredibly sexy would be nice to see more of her in lingerie.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

The Future ?

I've been trying to pull the development of Lexi together by getting a new team together. That being said it is not easy to get people you can trust by interviewing through the internet so I have decided due to lack of funding and lack of finding the right people I will have to suspend Lexi indefinitely.

What does this mean: It means that I am looking to start a professional Game development studio to continue Lexi and Future projects which will require lots of investment and the right people. where that will come from I don't know right now. Any pledges that still witch to continue will go towards this effort

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017

The Future ?

I've been trying to pull the development of Lexi together by getting a new team together. That being said it is not easy to get people you can trust by interviewing through the internet so I have decided due to lack of funding and lack of finding the right people I will have to suspend Lexi indefinitely.

What does this mean: It means that I am looking to start a professional Game development studio to continue Lexi and Future projects which will require lots of investment and the right people. where that will come from I don't know right now. Any pledges that still witch to continue will go towards this effort
Why am I not surprised? A mod needs to just tag this as abandoned. Frankly, this is what should have been said back in october of last year instead of stringing people along. The new dev just got paid for all that time without having to turn out even one update. I feel sorry that chatterbox's vision won't get developed but even more sorry for the people fool enough to be parted from their money for something they're never going to see. It's the responsibility of the developer to turn out something to bring patrons in. Until this new dev figures out what they're actually going to do to deliver, people should treat this with extreme caution.

Last edited:

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Why am I not surprised? A mod needs to just tag this as abandoned. Frankly, this is what should have been said back in october of last year instead of stringing people along. The new dev just got paid for all that time without having to turn out even one update. I feel sorry that chatterbox's vision won't get developed but even more sorry for the people fool enough to be parted from their money for something they're never going to see. It's the responsibility of the developer to turn out something to bring patrons in. Until this new dev figures out what they're actually going to do to deliver, people should treat this with extreme caution.
wasn't it made abundantly clear that the whole thing needed time to see if it could be done? anyone with half a brain will have made his decision back then whether to continue to support in hopes a way could be found or not..don't you think? I believe I remember reading also where the money would go to, for the time being until a decision could be made...so.. I don't think there was any level of surprised for you to be.. or incensed, for that matter.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
wasn't it made abundantly clear that the whole thing needed time to see if it could be done? anyone with half a brain will have made his decision back then whether to continue to support in hopes a way could be found or not..don't you think? I believe I remember reading also where the money would go to, for the time being until a decision could be made...so.. I don't think there was any level of surprised for you to be.. or incensed, for that matter.
Actually, it's a valid point i'm making cause the new dev is basically saying give me a hamburger today (support if you want to after months of what if scenarios and promises of it being worked on) and i'll gladly pay you tuesday (dev has no clear idea of how to actually accomplish what was stated but still wants or still hopes people will throw money in their general direction for an indefinite amount of time). Effectively, the milking pumps on the cow have failed and judging by how many that have already dropped their support, the dev is just trying to string what little they can out of people for an abandoned project and "future endeavors". That old saying of there being something rotten in denmark is rather apt at this point. To think that chatterbox passed this off once before to someone that screwed him over with similar promises of continuing it just for this to happen? I'd say there's plenty of reason to be "incensed" as you put it.

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019

The Future ?

Dammit man smh

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
The game will be made at some point but I never had the money to pay people to make it what Chatterbox wanted it to be. It will be made through proper Development channels and not poorly through Patreon. Barely had any support and anything made would have been rushed low-quality crap. Plus when we tried to restart this the artist I hired tried to hold me at ransom. So the game is on hold for a long while

bass63

Feb 24, 2018
So you made promises that you couldn't keep and now won't? Perhaps you can start small, like the other good devs do. Write a chapter and do your best with the resources you have and see if it interests enough people to contribute. Maybe if it has potential, a few others will join the fray and help out. It's not like we don't have resources among us. Have you asked for specifically what you need to do one chapter? My GOD man, at least show a willingness to persevere and try!

If you come in asking for thousands of dollars with no deliverables you won't get anywhere. Again, ask for resources. You may be surprised at what pops up for help.

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
this is the tag that i would never wanted to see, it's impossible that no one could help you to start as if it's a new start from 0 just to show patreons that the project is still alive and kickin' to raise money and continue the project of our beloved chatterbox

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
When Chatterbox died I think I already knew that the game was dead. I didn't want to believe it, but really it was Chatterbox's vision and no one else's, any continuation wouldn't be the same because it wouldn't be him. Sure there was a tiny bit of hope that maybe something could be done and we could have something close to what he meant for the game to be... In reality this was the inevitable fate of the game. I wish Chatter's friends and family the best and I hope that his work will inspire others to create new stories and games but it is fitting for Lexi to be unfinished... I'll miss it, one of my first favorites and nothing else compares to it or has the same potential.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I'm not going to delve into what could be done, could have been done or why it wasn't, primarily because we are not privy to the conversations that go on behind the screen amongst those who now hold the keys to the game.
for all we know, all avenues have been explored and found lacking..or maybe they haven't but it's a matter of heartache, other commitments or..really anything else...
so to theorize feels like a waste of time.

what I do know is that if the game will be substantially abbandoned, it would be nice to know what Chatterbox had in mind for the characters, to get something of a complete arc.
So.. if we are ready to close the curtains on this game, will the planned story be revealed?

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
I give people just enough rope to hang themselves with to see what they do.
So.. if we are ready to close the curtains on this game, will the planned story be revealed?
If this information is revealed...
The game will be made at some point but I never had the money to pay people to make it what Chatterbox wanted it to be. It will be made through proper Development channels and not poorly through Patreon. Barely had any support and anything made would have been rushed low-quality crap. Plus when we tried to restart this the artist I hired tried to hold me at ransom. So the game is on hold for a long while
Then this doesn't hold any truth and the dev has zero intention of following through at some point in the distant future should they figure out what they're going to do and how to get the necessary funding.

Lets see if the dev hangs himself by revealing that information! :cool: I hope not cause I wouldn't mind coming back to this thread a year or so down the road to see it being worked on again.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I give people just enough rope to hang themselves with to see what they do.

If this information is revealed...

Then this doesn't hold any truth and the dev has zero intention of following through at some point in the distant future should they figure out what they're going to do and how to get the necessary funding.

Lets see if the dev hangs himself by revealing that information! :cool: I hope not cause I wouldn't mind coming back to this thread a year or so down the road to see it being worked on again.
Gamersglory is the dev.

4.60 star(s) 53 Votes