Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I give people just enough rope to hang themselves with to see what they do.

If this information is revealed...

Then this doesn't hold any truth and the dev has zero intention of following through at some point in the distant future should they figure out what they're going to do and how to get the necessary funding.

Lets see if the dev hangs himself by revealing that information! :cool: I hope not cause I wouldn't mind coming back to this thread a year or so down the road to see it being worked on again.
we can hear your inside voice..... since you've laid it out like this, that pretty much guarantees the info will never be released, whether there's a plan to one day finish the game or not.

and my question was genuine, without this calculation behind it.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Gamersglory is the dev.
I know. I've been with this since day one.
we can hear your inside voice
It's not an inside voice, it's calculated logic. Something you should be engaging in a little bit more. What you want him to do is effectively spoil the entire story on the open forum. Why? He claims the intent to want to make good on developing the vn at some point in the distant future. That was a promise he made to chatterbox practically on the guy's death bed in essence right after the previous dev he passed the project to had deliberately lied to him and he had to recover it from just to continue the development. Revealing the overall story openly on the forum would just show he has zero inclination to develop this vn. If there's some honest intent there, but he wants to sate your personal curiosity, i would hope he only reveals that information to you in a private message.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
heart breaking news. 2 of my top 5 games are now abandoned.

Hopefully the dev can find a way some time in the future. But please if any devs do bring it back, continue to keep it in the spirit of the original game and not introduce random fetishes.

Reactions: bluehound36

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
*sighs heavily*...sorry all but this is the biggest load of rubbish I've read this side of the turn of the century. Funding....other staff, resources...real game dev studio lol....you making an adult VN or Elder Scrolls 17?

*shakes head*
found that really weird as well, this whole site is filled with games from Patreon devs and there are some crazy things from one dev teams, suddenly an actual studio needs to be started to continue what one dev did? i'm not buying it (not that i supported this game)

i do hope we get a new Elder Scrolls game before i die tho :ROFLMAO:

Kruemel2014

Aug 25, 2017
It is sad to read this news. But as a supporter I give money mainly for and to support an idea. Sure the hope is to see this idea finished at some point but that is hope and I do not have any right to demand this. At any point I can cancel this support. So why should I feel milked if something does not work out as planed and the dev has informed me about this. In this case supporters were informed where the money is going.
So I hope that gamersglory will be able to continue development at some point.

Reactions: Sunakujiro

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
i do hope we get a new Elder Scrolls game before i die tho :ROFLMAO:
I hope you are then very healthy, very young, and willing to change parts of your body to cybertronics.

Anyway... it is not surprising that this is the end. It was beautiful while it lasted. But I think, as Chatterbox is hopefully doing, we need to let Lexi rest in peace.

Hope his family and loved ones are feeling better. Time to move on for the rest of us.

Last edited:

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
*sighs heavily*...sorry all but this is the biggest load of rubbish I've read this side of the turn of the century. Funding....other staff, resources...real game dev studio lol....you making an adult VN or Elder Scrolls 17?

*shakes head*
Finding people you trust to develop with is quite hard we got burned several times. Any new development people will be under a legally binding contract with me hence the money thing. I live in the southeast US so the costs of doing so are not as cheap as say, Romania. Spent a bunch just Copyrighting the game. Yes, Chatterbox did a good load of the work as I've said before and he left the game to me. when I say a Dev studio I'm not talking Epic Games talking very small. Why most games work on this site are either one person making everything or lose associations of people with no forms of protection from one or more of those people taking over the game and cutting someone out. So no legal corce of action as noting is in writing.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Finding people you trust to develop with is quite hard we got burned several times. Any new development people will be under a legally binding contract with me hence the money thing. I live in the southeast US so the costs of doing so are not as cheap as say, Romania. Spent a bunch just Copyrighting the game.
Do what studio fow did, go the kickstarter route and see what you could raise through that for funding. I believe they got something around a million dollars. There are avenues you can pursue, just have to know where to look is all.

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
Finding people you trust to develop with is quite hard we got burned several times. Any new development people will be under a legally binding contract with me hence the money thing. I live in the southeast US so the costs of doing so are not as cheap as say, Romania. Spent a bunch just Copyrighting the game. Yes, Chatterbox did a good load of the work as I've said before and he left the game to me. when I say a Dev studio I'm not talking Epic Games talking very small. Why most games work on this site are either one person making everything or lose associations of people with no forms of protection from one or more of those people taking over the game and cutting someone out. So no legal corce of action as noting is in writing.
I totally understand, the Copywrite / red tape issue, I was a coder for CODEMASTERS (uk) and spent 3 years working on CYBERPUNK 2077 2013 (CD Projekt) we rewrote code 6 times for new platforms (pS4 Xbox1) etc etc, the reason I'm here support new writers coders and Dev's, (im gettin old), and new fresh talent puts a smile on my face :), some of the renders and Animations on here (F95) are just amazing, BUT there is no excuse for leaving Patreons, subs and fans with a ? Stay loyal guys

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Disappointing news for sure.

Perhaps you can create a new game to try to get some support going? A small "practice" game to work on your skills. Or team-up with a more experienced dev to make the renders. SuperWriter is on your team, isn't he? He has multiple games, can he not do renders for this? Or PTOLEMY, who also works on multiple games, who you've worked with?

Or teach yourself to do the rendering, and ask one of the previous devs I mentioned to write it. You don't really need a "team" to make a game, as you note most do it solo. This wouldn't be the first game to start with a team, and then have it be a solo or two person operation.

I understand the financials issues, but those issues won't be solved just because you get a team together. Chatter wanted the game to be a certain way, and I understand wanting to make it like he wanted, but the thing is...you don't have to do that. Make it your game, because for all practical reasons, it is now. And honestly, wanting to make it like he wanted it isn't realistic. This game was a pretty complex first game, it has several LI's, routes and to this point, an unknown plot with the religious stuff and the stalker. I don't think it's a bad thing if you need to redo parts of that to make it more manageable.

The fanbase of this game is loyal, so while it may be small, it'll support your efforts even if you have to go away from the "canon" storyline/complexity to get an end product. Perfect is the enemy of good, after all. I think most of, if not almost all, fans would rather you do that than to abandon the game. You may know what CB envisioned the game being... but none of us do. We'll just be happy to play something with Lexi and Co. in it. We play the game for them after all.

Mar 28, 2018
Damn I still have my hopes up when the tag was just On Hold, now it crumbled when I saw Abandoned...... *sigh* I just hope you all the best and I think the devs deserve a rest after the stress from trying to keep the game alive.... Still, I hope a similar game or a continuation will emerge in the future

xispix

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Sucks that the game has been abandoned. I wouldn't have mind doing the art for the game as I feel my style has improved since I last offered. Just don't expect me to do 800-1000 renders per update.

My full time job and current pc might slow the development but the game will still get worked on. Slowly but surely.

Luizodia

Dec 2, 2018
Such sad news, but for some reason I already knew that without Chatterbox this wouldn't work. It's a shame because the plot of this game was very interesting, and the characters where very well developed to. Hope at some time someone make a game with a similar plot like this.

Reactions: Grelk
4.60 star(s) 53 Votes