Whos your favorite girl so far?

• Total voters

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
I have a question about some of the dialogue. This is not exclusive to this game but I did notice it a lot.. What is with the "Just who in the hell is this guy?" and "Just where is she from?" Just just just. It's such a weird, but not technically incorrect way of questioning things. I've seen this for years in both these sorts of VN's and in anime and it's always irked me a little bit. In anime, I always assumed it was a result of weird translation from Japanese or something.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
I have a question about some of the dialogue. This is not exclusive to this game but I did notice it a lot.. What is with the "Just who in the hell is this guy?" and "Just where is she from?" Just just just. It's such a weird, but not technically incorrect way of questioning things. I've seen this for years in both these sorts of VN's and in anime and it's always irked me a little bit. In anime, I always assumed it was a result of weird translation from Japanese or something.
Dev is not native english speaker :)

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Dev is not native english speaker :)
yeah I get that, I guess I was just more curious about how in general, translations or english dialogue written by an ESL person tends to have those same idiosyncrasies. this is probably not the best place to ask tho, admittedly

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Lol Zoey is third on the poll. I am reading episode 2 and her situation got me thinking, if the gender was swapped then Zoey would be called a loser/cuck who got his crush stolen by his twin brother and would most likely be dead last on the poll...but since she's a girl her situation is considered adorable/cute and ganered sympathy instead.

It's tough work being a man :LOL:

OEJ

Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Update: As many of you have noticed the game has been completely changed in terms of story characters. The only thing carried over from before the remake are few in game characters models and names.

So i have decided to CLOSE THIS THREAD (aka mark abandoned when new update drops) down as most of the reviews and messages reflect the old game.

From Episode 5 LCC will be rebranded as : Sicae (poniard or curved dagger in Latin).

1672973985815.png

There are many new changes and its only right that we make a new thread for it,
- Dialogue improvements of Ep 1-4
- Change of lore regarding Ken
- Design tweak for yuna
- Design tweak for Lisa

1672974465802.png 1672974475243.png

Sicae will continue from EP5 and you will most likely carry over your saves from Ep4. But it is highly recommended that you start from EP1 and play to Ep5 to get the full experience.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Update: As many of you have noticed the game has been completely changed in terms of story characters. The only thing carried over from before the remake are few in game characters models and names.

So i have decided to CLOSE THIS THREAD (aka mark abandoned when new update drops) down as most of the reviews and messages reflect the old game.
You know, it is possible to rename the thread. I know of at least one other game that has done this. It might suck to loose all the current feedback by just closing this one and creating a new thread.

You may have to reach out to an admin for it though.

OEJ

Donor
Dec 9, 2017
You know, it is possible to rename the thread. I know of at least one other game that has done this. It might suck to loose all the current feedback by just closing this one and creating a new thread.

You may have to reach out to an admin for it though.
i am a moderator on this site, i have access to do that. but its mine and Nii wish to make ppl see it in a different light. all the reviews and feedback is from before the total remake and its not really being true to the complete overhaul of the new game.

No point in continuing in the old thread when almost everything has been changed. i have contacted a staff and asked them for advice and they suggested i do this :)

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yes, I've had about a year or so to find out, so with some effort I've made it.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Reading about the new name and basically complete rework of the game, I do have two questions:

1. Is it still a HS game? The teaser renders look really good, so good that they could be also made with DAZ from the looks of it.
2. Does this "new" VN still have it's connection to MBIML? I like the crossover parts for some of the characters and the fact, that each story has it's own cast of LIs. It also felt natural how the characters interacted with each other.
3. Will the rework effect MBIML? I mean not in the time needed for the development but the behaviour and optics of the crossover characters. If they change too much, it might feel incoherent to MBIML, if the stories stay connected, even if there are years between both of them.

Thanks for taking time to reading and maybe answering my question. Can't wait for a new updates for this and MBIML. Wish NiiChan all the best!

Reactions: Lich-Lord457

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Reading about the new name and basically complete rework of the game, I do have two questions:

1. Is it still a HS game? The teaser renders look really good, so good that they could be also made with DAZ from the looks of it.
2. Does this "new" VN still have it's connection to MBIML? I like the crossover parts for some of the characters and the fact, that each story has it's own cast of LIs. It also felt natural how the characters interacted with each other.
3. Will the rework effect MBIML? I mean not in the time needed for the development but the behaviour and optics of the crossover characters. If they change too much, it might feel incoherent to MBIML, if the stories stay connected, even if there are years between both of them.

Thanks for taking time to reading and maybe answering my question. Can't wait for a new updates for this and MBIML. Wish NiiChan all the best!
Actually between episode 1 and 4 what he does is improve the dialogues, change the designs of two of the LIs and Ken's lore. So the story is the same, but with many cosmetic changes that can be interesting to see.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Actually between episode 1 and 4 what he does is improve the dialogues, change the designs of two of the LIs and Ken's lore. So the story is the same, but with many cosmetic changes that can be interesting to see.
Reading OEJ's comment from last friday, it sounds that there will be more changes than just dialogue clean up and optical changes to some of the characters. And that's why I asked.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Reading OEJ's comment from last friday, it sounds that there will be more changes than just dialogue clean up and optical changes to some of the characters. And that's why I asked.
In Friday's message those are the changes that are announced.

May 17, 2020
You can't get an update every week for these game ever. They take time, money and resources to make. Just be glad that this one is consistent enough with the releases lol
I am glad that even though dev has 2 games that he still has not given up on either which many devs do which is great and looking forward to see what will happen in next update

Reactions: mikecd199817

OEJ

Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Teaser 2:

1673445819495.png

1. It is still HS but much better models and graphics/
2. It still has connections to MBML (might actually be more, not sure yet)
3. No, both of them will have general references in each other. Therework that already happened will stay.

i should have started a new thread when we first started working on EP1 again. but with the new name and some more work from this EP5 we are planning on taking this to a new thread with permission from staff.

P.S: This game just like MBML will reference some characters and situations regarding the third game (ETA:after one of these games finishes and the other is on the verge of finishing)

3.80 star(s) 31 Votes