Mar 29, 2021
I known that the game wasn't initially intended to be released on Steam, so I was glad to find it there a couple of week ago, however, I see that it has now disappeared from both my wishlist and the store, Kinky Shop, may I ask what it happened??

Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I known that the game wasn't initially intended to be released on Steam, so I was glad to find it there a couple of week ago, however, I see that it has now disappeared from both my wishlist and the store, Kinky Shop, may I ask what it happened??
Their official answer to my request was given yesterday:

"After review, we will not be able to ship your game Life Happened on Steam. While we strive to ship most titles submitted to us, we found that this title features themes, imagery or descriptions that we won’t distribute.

Regardless of a developer's intentions with their product, we will not distribute content that appears, in our judgment, to depict sexual conduct involving a minor.

While every product submitted is unique, if your product features this representation -- even in a subtle way that could be defined as a "grey area" -- it will be rejected by Steam.

We are not interested in working with partners that dance around the edges of what's legal. For instance, setting your game in a high-school but declaring your characters are of legal age would fall into that category and be banned.

This app has been banned and cannot be reused. Re-submissions of this app, even with modifications, will not be accepted."

So I guess it's a no-no for me...

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021

"After review, we will not be able to ship your game Life Happened on Steam. While we strive to ship most titles submitted to us, we found that this title features themes, imagery or descriptions that we won’t distribute.

Regardless of a developer's intentions with their product, we will not distribute content that appears, in our judgment, to depict sexual conduct involving a minor.

While every product submitted is unique, if your product features this representation -- even in a subtle way that could be defined as a "grey area" -- it will be rejected by Steam.

We are not interested in working with partners that dance around the edges of what's legal. For instance, setting your game in a high-school but declaring your characters are of legal age would fall into that category and be banned.

This app has been banned and cannot be reused. Re-submissions of this app, even with modifications, will not be accepted."

It's a shame, really. There are movies out there that portray far worse. It's not like it's a featured part of this game, it's telling a character's story.

Mar 29, 2021

Wow, that sucks, really really sucks!
And I'm not even so sure that's also that fair and convincing to permanently ban this version, or any further possible modification of the game, especially considering the whole setting :rolleyes:

Anyway, thank you very much to let us know about that, and keep up the good work!!

Reactions: Kinky Shop

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Wow, that sucks, really really sucks!
And I'm not even so sure that's also that fair and convincing to permanently ban this version, or any further possible modification of the game, especially considering the whole setting :rolleyes:

Anyway, thank you very much to let us know about that, and keep up the good work!!
That's what really grinds me. This isn't the first case of this that I've seen. To just straight up say, "never submit this again", is really too much, IMO. Makes me want to boycott steam just out of principle. (I'm not really going to, but it makes me want to).

Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Yeah, they didn't even give me the chance to work something out.
To be honest, I don't even know if I'd be down for that. I mean, I'd have to remove Charlie completely and I don't think I'd be okay with doing that.

Mar 29, 2021
That's what really grinds me. This isn't the first case of this that I've seen. To just straight up say, "never submit this again", is really too much, IMO. Makes me want to boycott steam just out of principle. (I'm not really going to, but it makes me want to).
I think the same thing, just recently, I've seen games like Guilty Pleasure and Altered Destiny disappear from the store, while and Summer With Mia 2 have likely gone the same way! Not to mention the problems Leap of Faith is having at the moment, albeit for a different reason (see this too). It really pisses me off seeing good titles like these vanishing without having any right to reply or defend themselves, being also at the mercy of the almost total subjectivity of those who take charge of the approval of the title!

To be honest, I don't even know if I'd be down for that. I mean, I'd have to remove Charlie completely and I don't think I'd be okay with doing that.
Not that I think that anything should be changed, considering that anyone with common sense would not have too many problems finding even realities in the context, but, considering their answer, I presume that changing "high school" to "college" could even be enough :cautious: (I don't live in the USA, so I don't know which school is what and what is the related right age to have when attending to it, but, with other titles, this seems to work for them :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Where are you Dev i Miss u it's been 7 months OMG. Good game love u.
Hi, akiostein.

I've been dealing with some personal heavy stuff, then I got a lot of desktop issues, then I got my real-life job to deal with.
It's not been easy, but I'm getting there.
Don't you worry, though. I'm not stopping or anything. Just taking it slow so I don't break.
Thanks for the love!

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
stick to your vision.. as a writer ive faced the same problems where people try to control the narrative and vision you had and its just not worth the back and forth.. This is a set back but dont let them change what you want to deliver.. Ive been MASSIVLY impressed with this work and i'll gladly be a patreon for such a worthy story

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
i'm currently at the 'london' scenes and loving the john wick style setting, it might just be my interpretation of whats going on but (and providing its not already in there) id love to see that kind of vengeance gun play in later chapters of the game.. it just seems to fit the character especialy if everyone and their lowest henchmen is going to be gunning for him at some point.. it may not be on the cards but if theres going to be a season 2 or anything id love to see it.. as a avn developer it might give you chance to do any upgrades you want to implement too be it character upgrades, lighting effects not already in use etc.. as well as allowing you the chance to seperate file sizes off to individual seasons/sequels.. just add a pre game 'what choices did you make' pre game screen so that nobody feels their choices wasnt carried forward to the sequel season

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
This AVN must have the longest prologue I have ever seen, but it was totally worth it. Can't wait to see other girls like Rachel and Charlie... though if the MC is 36 years old then Charlie must be in her 50's by now.

3.80 star(s) 68 Votes