ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
According to dev's vision maybe but I totally disagree with that. All games should be full rollbackable.
What happens in reality when players want to have choices... They save again and again and load a previous game if they don't like the choice they made. That means it's always possible to reverse a bad a choice but blocking rollback just makes things tedious.
At worst, this thing could be linked to a parameter.
I haven't I said I agree. I just said I understand the notion to make certain decisions final.
It can improve the game if it's done right. But this is not so easy.

But here I can roll back and fore through the dialogue until I have to make a decision.
Then I cannot roll back to see what the decision is about?
Meanwhile I ran into several "Accept/Refuse", "Sure/Nope", "Yes/No" decisions.
In the end I spend a lot of time trying to find the accompanying dialogue in the sources to figure out what I was about to accept or refuse.
So I decided to end this experiment. Delete? Yes! What was the question? Dunno. Cannot rollback.

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
I haven't I said I agree. I just said I understand the notion to make certain decisions final.
It can improve the game if it's done right. But this is not so easy.

But here I can roll back and fore through the dialogue until I have to make a decision.
Then I cannot roll back to see what the decision is about?
Meanwhile I ran into several "Accept/Refuse", "Sure/Nope", "Yes/No" decisions.
In the end I spend a lot of time trying to find the accompanying dialogue in the sources to figure out what I was about to accept or refuse.
So I decided to end this experiment. Delete? Yes! What was the question? Dunno. Cannot rollback.
I know, I know, I was just ranting against the developers. :whistle:
I got the info from the dev that rollback are used only because of problems in code. They intend to improve that so they are forgiven :p

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I know, I know, I was just ranting against the developers. :whistle:
I got the info from the dev that rollback are used only because of problems in code. They intend to improve that so they are forgiven :p
Rly?
I haven't seen anything in the code that would demand such measures. It's just straight forward VN code.
But roll back fuckup is splattered all over the source. Have fun mopping up this mess.

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Rly?
I haven't seen anything in the code that would demand such measures. It's just straight forward VN code.
But roll back fuckup is splattered all over the source. Have fun mopping up this mess.
Yes, he considers they made bad decision in the beginning. It seems that the game will have a big revamp of the interface.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Yes, he considers they made bad decision in the beginning. It seems that the game will have a big revamp of the interface.
Maybe I give it another try in a couple of months'...
Recently I've seen a few game using the same framework. All of them looked awesome at the start but sucked big time when you tried to play them. None of them survived more than 5 minutes.
If the framework is the reason for the rollback issues they have to start all over... good luck.

Mar 30, 2018
I can't find the Red Book n°28 (classroom 2nd floor). I had easily the one under the red folder (n°29) but not the other collectible in the room. If someone can help me with this (maybe I've unlocked it without having the animationn it can be another possibiliy).

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I believe I played this game when it first came out. It seems to me that some changes have been made to the game since I first played it. As I recall, when I originally got to the scene with Lauren and the kids in the bathroom, I had the definite impression that something sexual happened. When I played it this time, I did not have that impression. It seems like Lauren's character has been drastically changed. In the prologue, she answers the door with her nipples showing even though MC tries to stop her. When Lauren talks to Billy, he mentions that something happened between Lauren and a student before the incident with the two guys in the bathroom. Lauren denies that anything happened with the two kids but does not deny the previous incident. Even in her denial she throws in a "no one can prove anything." After the prologue, she seemed much less "slutty." I believe that most players do not want Mom to be a slut especially in an incest game. Am I imagining it, or was there a shift in her character possibly due to player comments?

In playing the prologue, I saw a number of events that I thought might turn some players off. Ron seeing Iris topless, Mom laying topless next to Billy, Phil watching Karen and MC together, having to give MC's LI's panties to Dave, etc. Too many dudes involved in the "sexual" events. Chapter One seemed to tone down the other guy scenes. Anyone else have the same impression?

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
When you go for just one girl or woman the dialoge on others goes very weird, they respond on things i haven't done.
For some reason i never met sylvia and yet i get a dialoge with a guy at school(son of a autodealer?) about her.
Iirc the son of the autodealer only can be interacted with if you met Sylvia first (otherwise you cannot even click on him). She is the girl "guarding" the blue door with Rose behind...

Reactions: Bloom12345

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
In playing the prologue, I saw a number of events that I thought might turn some players off. Ron seeing Iris topless, Mom laying topless next to Billy, Phil watching Karen and MC together, having to give MC's LI's panties to Dave, etc. Too many dudes involved in the "sexual" events. Chapter One seemed to tone down the other guy scenes. Anyone else have the same impression?
Lauren lying in bed with her husband is normal, the MC spying on her is the transgression (player choice, easily avoided). MC gets blackmailed by Dave & doesn't like the panty deal at all - in fact does everything he can to get out of it & soon has the chance to kill Dave for blackmailing him. Ron and MC walking in on topless Iris happens at a time when there is no sexual relationship with MC (and Iris is shocked, not acting seductive towards MC or Ron). Maybe your perception is modified since you already played the game before, so you view girls in the Prologue at LIs when they are definitely not (yet) seen as such by the MC.

After the prologue, when the girls slowly turn into LIs, the dad is divorced & away, the relationship with Ron is stained by the end-of-prologue event (so he doesn't show up at MCs home anymore) and Dave is dead with the MC a (possible) responsible party. Even in the relationship with Karen - which started out with her husband calling the shots - said husband is no longer part of their next encounter(s).

Long story short, as soon as you get past the prologue and the MC starts to think about them as LIs, there is no more competition

Last edited:

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Lauren lying in bed with her husband is normal, the MC spying on her is the transgression (player choice, easily avoided). MC gets blackmailed by Dave & doesn't like the panty deal at all - in fact does everything he can to get out of it & soon has the chance to kill Dave for that. Ron and MC walking in on topless Iris happens at a time when there is no sexual relationship with MC (and Iris is shocked, not seductive). Maybe your perception is modified since you already played the game before, so you view girls in the Prologue at LIs when they are definitely not (yet) seen as such by the MC.

After the prologue, when the girls slowly turn into LIs, the dad is divorced & away, the relationship with Ron is stained by the end-of-prologue event (so he doesn't show up at MCs home anymore) and Dave is dead with the MC a (possible) responsible party. Even in the relationship with Karen - which started out with her husband calling the shots - said husband is no longer part of their next encounter(s).

Long story short, if you get past the prologue and the MCs starts to think about them as LIs, there is no more competition
Yes, I get the changes in the story. I just wonder if anyone who may have been involved in this thread at the time of the changes might know why these changes were made. Logically, just because MC starts to see these women as LI's should not mean that the men who were competition in the Prologue suddenly are not in Part One. Yes, Billy is out of the family but we also find the photo of him which could mean that he and Lauren were never having sex (I thought Billy was the stepdad.) Phil was calling the shots and now he is not, why? Lauren's possible activities with other students seem to have disappeared from the story. I'm just curious if anyone knows if the developer was getting negative feedback during the Prologue phase and made adjustments to make the game more profitable.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Yes, Billy is out of the family but we also find the photo of him which could mean that he and Lauren were never having sex (I thought Billy was the stepdad.)
Having no more sex after a long long marriage i could maybe understand (although very implausible with an hottie like Lauren). But no sex, never - why would the husband have married her in the first place? Usually marriage involves sex...

Phil was calling the shots and now he is not, why?
Karen has a very different fantasy (Mommy roleplay) regarding the MC than him (takes very reluctant opportunity for controlled sharing). Which is why the MC has to flee when Phil arrives home early later on - they are pursuing Karens fantasy, so its a secret affair out of Phils control and knowledge.

Lauren's possible activities with other students seem to have disappeared from the story.
That was slanderous BS, made up (or rather willfully misinterpreted) to push her out: She was investigating the two pupils dealing drugs from the school toilet, the conspirators use the made up sexual allegations against Lauren to stop her investigation. Big part of the MCs research is finding out about this and attempting to clear her reputation. And she divorced Billy exactly because he didn't stand up for her despite knowing better...

I'm just curious if anyone knows if the developer was getting negative feedback during the Prologue phase and made adjustments to make the game more profitable.
Idk, i just started recently. But from a storytelling perspective the current progression makes sense to me.

Reactions: punisher2099

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Having no more sex after a long long marriage i could maybe understand (although very implausible with an hottie like Lauren). But no sex, never - why would the husband have married her in the first place? Usually marriage involves sex...
You ARE a newbie. That scenario is not uncommon in these stories. Perhaps Lauren was his beard so no one would know he was gay. Does the story even mention how long they were married?

That was slanderous BS, made up (or rather willfully misinterpreted) to push her out: She was investigating the two pupils dealing drugs from the school toilet, they use the made up sexual allegations against Lauren top her investigation. Big part of the MCs research is finding out about this and attempting clearing her reputation. And she divorced Billy exactly because he didn't stand up for her despite knowing better...
What about the incident with the other student which Lauren does not deny? As I said, I remember (rightly or wrongly) that when I first played the game, I had the impression that something definitely happen with Lauren and the two students. I think that scene was changed in some way to create a different impression.

Look, you're telling me what has happened in the story; I know what happened in the story. I'm not criticizing the game. I am just wondering if the story was headed in a particular direction and was altered because of player complaints.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
You ARE a newbie. That scenario is not uncommon in these stories. Perhaps Lauren was his beard so no one would know he was gay.
I may be a newbie, but i do know there are several VNs where the MC is the only male in the universe/island/girl-only school etc. So i know the lengths some devs are willing to go just to avoid any hint of competition. But the devs for this game don't seem to do it, at least not in a crude way.

What exactly is up with the husband seems like an (intentional) mystery - from the hints we get, my money would be on him being a kinky guy that took part in a secret sex club with all kinds of forbidden crazy/illegal/blackmail/conspiracy stuff. Just him being gay with Lauren as a beard would be a rather meaningless secret in modern day california.

Look, you're telling me what has happened in the story; I know what happened in the story. I'm not criticizing the game. I am just wondering if the story was headed in a particular direction and was altered because of player complaints.
I cannot tell you whether they changed direction and if so for what reason. My point was just about the game&story being consistent, which you seemed to question in previous posts. Tried to answer those specific questions since story in its current state is still quite present to me (after writing the walkthrough this week)

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
I may be a newbie, but i do know there are several VNs where the MC is the only male in the universe/island/girl-only school etc. So i know the lengths some devs are willing to go just to avoid any hint of competition. But the devs for this game don't seem to do it, at least not in a crude way.

What exactly is up with the husband seems like an (intentional) mystery - from the hints we get, my money would be on him being a kinky guy that took part in a secret sex club with all kinds of forbidden crazy/illegal/blackmail/conspiracy stuff. Just him being gay with Lauren as a beard would be a rather meaningless secret in modern day california.

I cannot tell you whether they changed direction and if so for what reason. My point was just about the game&story being consistent, which you seemed to question in previous posts. Tried to answer those specific questions since story in its current state is still quite present to me (after writing the walkthrough this week)
stop wasting ur time with his nonsense

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Guys, i just completed lisc, but seems no sex between lauren and mc. Or did I miss any path???
There is no full on sex scene yet. However there is a very sensual foot massage with the main character progressing into holding her from behind, removing her top, starting a breast massage and Lauren is getting very excited. Its only stopped from going further due to Iris surprise return. Talking with lauren later it was no mistake - she fully realizes where they are going with the relationship.

So my guess, you won't have to wait much longer...:cool:

stop wasting ur time with his nonsense
After a discussion takes off, it's often hard for me to stop even when its obviously the better move. Sunk cost fallacy and all that jazz...^^

Last edited:
Reactions: MILFFF and drooopy

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
No it doesn't.
Rollback is still blocked BEFORE choices.
Works fine for me.

Please check file "core.rpy" inside game/script has "config.rollback_enabled" set to "True".

Unren should have create a new file called "unren-rollback.rpy" inside the game's "game" folder which overwrites all rollback back settings.
init 999 python:
renpy.config.rollback_enabled = True
renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 256
renpy.config.rollback_length = 256
def unren_noblock( *args, **kwargs ):
return
renpy.block_rollback = unren_noblock

3.80 star(s) 185 Votes