GhostFaceGuy

Sep 16, 2019
Something tells the chances for completion is fewer and fewer from day to day. As somebody told above game developers are the most unhappy people in the world.

Finyx

Mar 9, 2020
Devlog #26
Hey, mates, we're back after a short break.
We've been working hard for about 1.5 weeks, and I can hear the questions you've been asking.
  • So why haven't we provided any updates yet?
Let me briefly explain the situation.
We are currently fixing errors in the scenes. When the backgrounds involve multiple characters, we have to use layered rendering, which can be time-consuming and complicated. We then combine the images into a single one. Fortunately, the most challenging stage of rendering is now finished, and I can assure you that the process will be completed soon.

If you need a visual description, you can request one by either sending a message to Fenriz on Discord or by sending a private message on Patreon.

If you are among those who are waiting for a detailed explanation, you can continue reading the remainder of the article.

The average HD character uses 2.4 GB of GPU memory, which can increase to 3 GB when hair, clothes, and jewellery are included. When combined with the environment, interior, and lights, GPU memory usage becomes extremely high.
For example, Lauren uses 3.8 GB of GPU memory, MC uses 2.1 GB, and each of the optimised background characters use 1.3 GB, resulting in a total of 19.5 GB of GPU memory for 15 characters. When you add the GPU memory usage of Lauren, MC, the environment, and interior together, it adds up to 29 GB. The best GPU card available is the RTX 3090, which has a total memory of 24 GB, meaning scenes need to be chopped up and rendered multiple times. To achieve this, we render the scene three times: first, we render the empty interior, then we render MC and Lauren, and finally we render the background characters.
----------------------------------------------------------
5 characters use 1.3 x 15 = 19.5 GPU memory.
Lauren+MC + 5.9 GB
Environment and Interior + 4 GB
Total = 29 GB GPU memory.

We'll post new previews tomorrow.

For those of you who are uncertain about the release date, I assure you that it will be this month.

milfkiller

Engaged Member
May 2, 2017
Devlog #26
We've been working hard for about 1.5 weeks, and I can hear the questions you've been asking.
We are currently fixing errors in the scenes. When the backgrounds involve multiple characters, we have to use layered rendering, which can be time-consuming and complicated. We then combine the images into a single one. Fortunately, the most challenging stage of rendering is now finished, and I can assure you that the process will be completed soon.

If you need a visual description, you can request one by either sending a message to Fenriz on Discord or by sending a private message on Patreon.

If you are among those who are waiting for a detailed explanation, you can continue reading the remainder of the article.

The average HD character uses 2.4 GB of GPU memory, which can increase to 3 GB when hair, clothes, and jewellery are included. When combined with the environment, interior, and lights, GPU memory usage becomes extremely high.
For example, Lauren uses 3.8 GB of GPU memory, MC uses 2.1 GB, and each of the optimised background characters use 1.3 GB, resulting in a total of 19.5 GB of GPU memory for 15 characters. When you add the GPU memory usage of Lauren, MC, the environment, and interior together, it adds up to 29 GB. The best GPU card available is the RTX 3090, which has a total memory of 24 GB, meaning scenes need to be chopped up and rendered multiple times. To achieve this, we render the scene three times: first, we render the empty interior, then we render MC and Lauren, and finally we render the background characters.
Lauren+MC + 5.9 GB

For those of you who are uncertain about the release date, I assure you that it will be this month.
well that is a good news

Oct 7, 2022
:rolleyes:1 update in Feb. and now another coming in May...but still got some bitches here whining the DEV was milking
Stupid people always love to complain mate about everything..thats just how idiots in this world are and trust me when i say this almost 90% of the people complaining about the dev arent his patreon supporters at all and haven't even paid a single dollar to the dev and yet they still have the audacity to complain about him milking while totally ignoring the hardships the dev has faced in recent months..this game is awesome and so i'll support the dev and i dont care if he takes months to release new updates coz his content is that good..cheers mate..:p

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
:rolleyes:1 update in Feb. and now another coming in May...but still got some bitches here whining the DEV was milking
Supposedly coming in May. Originally this upcoming update was supposed to be released already in December. Then when it was time for a release, for whatever reason they decided to split it into two parts, the first part being the previous update from February which had content for Chloe and then this upcoming second part was supposed to be released in the following month in March. According to their own plans and roadmap that they shared like 9 or 8 months ago, the game should now already be at the spot where Chloe, Lauren, Iris and even Charlotte have been gone through with sex scenes. They have been working on this one update with Chloe and Lauren since the last September and have been able to put out only the first part with Chloe content. If the dev constantly keeps promising release dates for the updates yet fails to deliver them, not to mention that every update needs that additional month or two for the animations to be added, it's going to cause some whining once it becomes a pattern just like with this one now.

Almost all of the most common excuses has now also been presented for us: developer being sick, family member being sick, hardware issues... Not to say that these aren't true or hasn't actually happened to them since we don't know, but once you hang around long enough with these games and devs, it feels like every single adult game developer gets this same curse where they get sick, their family member gets sick and their hardware is causing problems and what else. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the game and I think it's one of the better ones out there at the moment, but also as their supporter what I am questioning is their work ethic based on what we have seen this far.

anatarash

Feb 1, 2022
Supposedly coming in May. Originally this upcoming update was supposed to be released already in December. Then when it was time for a release, for whatever reason they decided to split it into two parts, the first part being the previous update from February which had content for Chloe and then this upcoming second part was supposed to be released in the following month in March. According to their own plans and roadmap that they shared like 9 or 8 months ago, the game should now already be at the spot where Chloe, Lauren, Iris and even Charlotte have been gone through with sex scenes. They have been working on this one update with Chloe and Lauren since the last September and have been able to put out only the first part with Chloe content. If the dev constantly keeps promising release dates for the updates yet fails to deliver them, not to mention that every update needs that additional month or two for the animations to be added, it's going to cause some whining once it becomes a pattern just like with this one now.

Almost all of the most common excuses has now also been presented for us: developer being sick, family member being sick, hardware issues... Not to say that these aren't true or hasn't actually happened to them since we don't know, but once you hang around long enough with these games and devs, it feels like every single adult game developer gets this same curse where they get sick, their family member gets sick and their hardware is causing problems and what else. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the game and I think it's one of the better ones out there at the moment, but also as their supporter what I am questioning is their work ethic based on what we have seen this far.
agree on that. if we count this upcoming update as the HUGE ONE wich was supposed to be released in DECEMBER with the previous One dropped in AUGUST...well thats been long enough. and we had Just One pretty normal sized update so far in february..so we are talking Just One update in 6 months more or less, and this part two Is taking 3 months if we are Lucky.. how could have this possibly drop as One big content in december if part 2 Is not ready yet? anyway, in my mind i think they realized that was a terribile choice (because shit happens and so on..,) and hope they can now settle a more efficient work schedule

Reactions: HideUnderCar

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
how could have this possibly drop as One big content in december if part 2 Is not ready yet? anyway, in my mind i think they realized that was a terribile choice (because shit happens and so on..,) and hope they can now settle a more efficient work schedule
Most likely overestimating their own powers and not even realising what they were actually talking about. I don't really know what they were thinking back then, I mean just two dudes completing around 3000 renders + tens of animations in, what, under four months? That's a real challenge even for some of the bigger teams in this field. Most likely after all this they will go for more realistic estimates in the future.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

No jokes, weg development is the most dangerous job in the world :KEK:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Devlog #26

Lauren+MC + 5.9 GB

The rendering explanation is a great example of how time-consuming rendering can be.

I like the detail provided because it explains how even high-end graphics cards can't get the job done in one pass.

I love the detail in LISC so I'm happy that the dev takes the time to get the scenes right and more Lauren time is always welcome, especially when Lauren is shown off in high def.

desastre7

Nov 25, 2021
Good to know. For each rendering phase, how much time does the program/graphic card/computer need to complete it's processing and creation of the final render?

3.80 star(s) 185 Votes