3.40 star(s) 14 Votes

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe, but some people aren't resourceful enough to provide updates and rework their entire game or lack the time/knowledge/whatever to do it efficiently.
As a developer of a Ren'Py game you have no idea how easy it is.

Reactions: jam2beat

Deamos

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2017
Thank you for all your good and bad feedback. Good feedback makes me happy and bad feedback shows me where is a space for my improvement.
This was my first game, let's say the experiment. Please look at it as a hobby project. I'm not the proffesional game developer, I did this game in evenings after I came home from my regular job.
I hope the results of my effort brought joy to at least some people.
Have a nice weekend.
...Deamos

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
As a developer of a Ren'Py game you have no idea how easy it is.
You're absolutely right, I have no idea since I've never used Renpy or something similar, not my kind of business. If I would ever create a game I'd be the brain while someone else is the hands. ;)

Thank you for all your good and bad feedback. Good feedback makes me happy and bad feedback shows me where is a space for my improvement.
This was my first game, let's say the experiment. Please look at it as a hobby project. I'm not the proffesional game developer, I did this game in evenings after I came home from my regular job.
Have a nice weekend.
...Deamos
Positive feedback speaks for itself, for negative feedback (in a civil manner) I'd say: Take it serious, but don't take it to heart. Best of luck and see you with the next game, the renders are already pretty good and if your writing improves a little bit I see a good future for you, maybe with a less sensitive topic.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Have a nice weekend.
...Deamos
Thanks for the great game, you are pro !!

U

User_215882

Renpy and unity from what I read on them make it easy to mod. So to mod in or out say incest it's not that hard. What is hard are renders. If you had a game that say featured rape, which is a no no for Patreon, you now have to not only work on the script, but then also alter the renders to make it seem like it is consensual. BB would first have to change the script, but then he would also would have to alter his renders, especially Max, to comply with Patreon. There are games being shut down just because a character looks underage. I get why he put BB on the back burner because the amount of time needed would have killed his page. I mean look at Teachers pet. He did just that and every other comment is a negative Nancy.

Pollolicious

Jun 26, 2017
I would like to preface this by saying that I really like this game and especially the mom model but i have to be real. The last scene to end the game reminded me of the scene from milf's villa by incstor. It just seems so rushed, kind of like in milf's villa it seems as though it needed more. I mean its the climax, it should have been great but unfortunately, it just leaves you feeling unsatisfied. I don't know it kinda just seems you wanted out from this commitment and as you say your hobby. You probably got bored and lost passion for this game which happens. I don't blame you but I do wish you would have put a bit more time into that end scene. For your first game though, its great unfortunately you dropped the ball on the climax.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
You're absolutely right, I have no idea since I've never used Renpy or something similar, not my kind of business. If I would ever create a game I'd be the brain while someone else is the hands. ;)
Honestly, Ren'Py is so easy to use that you could learn the basics in less than a day. All you really need is to be able to write a story and put together a few really simple bits of code, example:
Code:
default Lotex_skill = 0

label start

"Does Lotex Google Ren'Py tutorial?"
menu:
    "Yes.":
        $Lotex_skill +=1
        jump to_game_or_not_to_game
    "No.":
        "Ok, no hard feelings."
        jump to_game_or_not_to_game

label to_game_or_not_to_game

if Lotex_skill >= 1
    menu:
        "I'm able to write a story, I can totally do this.":
            "Lotex writes a game in Ren'Py."
            $Lotex_skill += 1
        "I'm not able to write a story, I can't do this.":
            "Lotex goes on with their life in peace."
else
    "Lotex refused to take a few hours to learn the skill, in spite of their ability or inability to write a story, they chose not to try."
That's pretty much all there is to it. There are a few other things you could learn, but the simplest VN don't use much more than that.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Alas, I was very disappointed with the content added to this VN/Game since the last time I played it... It seems as though the author/s just wanted to stop working on it, so they wrapped up all the loose ends very quickly, and stamped it completed... I probably should have seen it coming, since I did notice the rush of content near the end of the last time I played, but I was so thoroughly enjoying the story and plot before... I hope they don't do that same rush on future projects, because it just ruins the whole experience... I updated my review, and sorry that I had to drop a star, even though the loose ends got wrapped up, it was still a complete rush job... :teary:

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Have a nice weekend.
...Deamos
There were moments of fun and joy, and other moments of questioning and disappointment... I understand the struggle it takes to make these types of things... And I personally never looked at it as a experiment... Up to v0.5 or so, I thought ya'll were doing a decent job, for the most part... It was a unique and creative way of playing out the whole corruption bit... Sure I'm disappointed it got rushed after that, but if ya gotta move on, then ya gotta move on... Best of luck in your future endeavors... Hope you learned a lot from the experience...

Reactions: botc76

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Honestly, Ren'Py is so easy to use that you could learn the basics in less than a day. All you really need is to be able to write a story and put together a few really simple bits of code, example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's pretty much all there is to it. There are a few other things you could learn, but the simplest VN don't use much more than that.
Alright, on first sight it doesn't look too complicated, especially since I have some experience in c++ and the syntax seems similar. Maybe I should start a late dev career and get filthy rich now.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Alright, on first sight it doesn't look too complicated, especially since I have some experience in c++ and the syntax seems similar. Maybe I should start a late dev career and get filthy rich now.
The coding is the easy part, its the assets I struggle with. TK17 never wants to work right, Daz is pretty intimidating, and no one really likes Illusion games as models all that much.

Honestly I've written probably close to a dozen story concepts but cant seem to get the images that I have in my head onto screen to make it work.

Reactions: cloudmoon

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
I don't plan any changes in direction at all. I only want to have some "game features" in next update which will be the final release and will complete the story and the game.
I played it and I want to ask you: where is the ending of the game? I chose sister, you showed me that but where is the ending? So basically I see no reason to choose or not to choose - either way you decided that telling player who he chose is enough. Story has no ending, you just decided you finished the main story line, without finishing the story itself.
You see, story isn't about super powers, or military program or something else, story (any story of that type) is about MC, who, by any reason, got into unknown setting and what he can do about it. And how he found the exit from this set - it's the reason we play the game.
In another words. I chose character, we fucked and what next? You told us a story about supenatural abilities, about how to use them, but we don't have a clue why are we in this story? Just to fuck our mother and sister? Well , you can do it in many other games. But your game gave us some special things, things people liked really much. After that you robbed these people, you said them that this demo is a finished product. I have no right to feel insulted or deceived, after all , I won't gave you money for this game, but please think of all people who paid you - they're waiting for a real ending. I can only hope you won't dissapoint them.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
The coding is the easy part, its the assets I struggle with. TK17 never wants to work right, Daz is pretty intimidating, and no one really likes Illusion games as models all that much.

Honestly I've written probably close to a dozen story concepts but cant seem to get the images that I have in my head onto screen to make it work.
So find an artist. There are plenty of people who can do the 3d art but aren't storytellers, or don't want to jump in to code.

Start writing now. Get your idea on paper, be detailed, and able to describe whatever you need to an artist. After you have the major points if the story mapped out and you're confident in it, change your signature, to something like mine. Make a post in development or here. There's a cool Daz art thread I posted in looking for help. It took about 3 weeks but I found an artist and he's already brought my dual MCs to life.

Gogotaro

Aug 7, 2017
This game had potential... the ending is sooo meh... i would have just taken a bunch of sex poses with the girls in question instead of all those pointless renders that i just skipped.

M

monkeybird69

Haven't played final version yet, but just wanted to say that. At beginning the game was great, I really enjoyed the quirk dialogue between the sibilings at start.
The plot itself didn't developed very interestinly per say, but still was playable. Then the game just started taking an odd path direction, leading to more and more shallow interaction between characters, in order to add sex just because of it.
The scenes with the neighbors was kinda lame.

Dunno, but to me this game is kinda of a mess. It started good, somewhat consistent, then started to became monotonous, then lose it's path badly. Reading that the final version theorically has an even worse incosistent writting, just makes me wonder how it will be. I'll check out, just for the curiosity sake of it.

I wish good luck to the devs, and I hope he makes a game with a more consistent story next time.
Whomever writted the dialogue between the siblings at start, did a good job, but that's it.

Oh yeah, the family models were gorgeus.
Yeah, when it started he was giving me a bit more time with the writing and I was trying to give the character's some personality because they were completely devoid of any, but he told me to tone down everything, that I was making them say things that he didn't want them to say. So, after that I went completely cold with their personalities. The storyline kept getting way too convoluted for even me to follow. Which made it difficult to write the tripe. lol I actually have a notebook filled with sentences that made absolutely no sense. I am saving it for the day when I write a book about my experiences with translating bad english for these games I keep doing...

Reactions: Astriedax

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, when it started he was giving me a bit more time with the writing and I was trying to give the character's some personality because they were completely devoid of any, but he told me to tone down everything, that I was making them say things that he didn't want them to say. So, after that I went completely cold with their personalities. The storyline kept getting way too convoluted for even me to follow. Which made it difficult to write the tripe. lol I actually have a notebook filled with sentences that made absolutely no sense. I am saving it for the day when I write a book about my experiences with translating bad english for these games I keep doing...
Sorry to hear that... In the beginning the game had a much better feel compared to later content... So I'm assuming this is probably one of the reasons for that drastic change?

M

monkeybird69

So find an artist. There are plenty of people who can do the 3d art but aren't storytellers, or don't want to jump in to code.

Start writing now. Get your idea on paper, be detailed, and able to describe whatever you need to an artist. After you have the major points if the story mapped out and you're confident in it, change your signature, to something like mine. Make a post in development or here. There's a cool Daz art thread I posted in looking for help. It took about 3 weeks but I found an artist and he's already brought my dual MCs to life.
I suggest diving into daz, watch a few tutorials and then just play around with it. It's quite easy once you get used to it. If you are passionate about the characters you create then only you can develop them into the way you want them to look and act. An artist that has no vested interest in your character is just gonna do just enough for you til they get paid. Daz is intimidating for sure. But its well worth it to get good at it. Maybe you won't enjoy building your scenes, its not for everyone, but at the least you might build a new skill towards game development.

M

monkeybird69

Sorry to hear that... In the beginning the game had a much better feel compared to later content... So I'm assuming this is probably one of the reasons for that drastic change?
for sure

3.40 star(s) 14 Votes