4.20 star(s) 165 Votes

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Wow.... what an useful info.....Pfft.
Despite the acerbic tone/nature of the post, arguably you got what you deserved.
The saturation of threads with repeated questions to which the answers are ridiculously easy to find irrevocably leads to this.

An alternative way of looking at it, is that you wasted your own time with that post and the indeterminate amount of time you potentially had to wait instead of a brief, simple search that would have provided the answer without having to ask.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Despite the acerbic tone/nature of the post, arguably you got what you deserved.
The saturation of threads with repeated questions to which the answers are ridiculously easy to find irrevocably leads to this.

An alternative way of looking at it, is that you wasted your own time with that post and the indeterminate amount of time you potentially had to wait instead of a brief, simple search that would have provided the answer without having to ask.
Well, if you can't be helpful, then you shouldn't quote and reply....and you should abstain from attacking people just because they're asking for help. It's more or less cyber bullying if you didn't know.

mooncan

Oct 2, 2018
Why the hell would you call a girl whose name is mary, mare?

Mary is already a shorter form for Marybeth.
Mare is in no way shorter sounding than mary and mare also means horse.
What the fuck was he thinking?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Well, if you can't be helpful, then you shouldn't quote and reply....and you should abstain from attacking people just because they're asking for help.
Literally nobody was attacking you...

It's more or less cyber bullying if you didn't know.
The cure for "cyber bullying" here is pretty much the same as all "cyber bullying".
All users have an ignore list, and you can easily add someone to it, by moving your cursor over their name, and clicking on ignore when it shows up.

Why the hell would you call a girl whose name is mary, mare?
Because it's a shortened affectionate way for her to be addressed in-game.

Mary is already a shorter form for Marybeth.
What drugs are you taking, and where can I get some????

Mary is the anglicised form of Maria numb-nuts.

mooncan

Oct 2, 2018
Literally nobody was attacking you...

The cure for "cyber bullying" here is pretty much the same as all "cyber bullying".
All users have an ignore list, and you can easily add someone to it, by moving your cursor over their name, and clicking on ignore when it shows up.

Because it's a shortened affectionate way for her to be addressed in-game.

What drugs are you taking, and where can I get some????

Mary is the anglicised form of Maria numb-nuts.
Maybe it originates from another name, whatever, you still don't shorten it to mare you wannabe smartasses.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Maybe it originates from another name, whatever, you still don't shorten it to mare you wannabe smartasses.
There's a concept in this world that is called "nicknames"... ...Maybe she was absofuckinglutely into horses when she was a child and thus the "Mare" came naturally, but even if not: I've seen/heard far worse nicknames and for far worse reasons than that...

...but dear Sir/Lady/whateverapplieshere, your behaviour falls in line with this theory: only people not smart enough to be one call others (wannabe) smartass...

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Well, if you can't be helpful, then you shouldn't quote and reply....and you should abstain from attacking people just because they're asking for help. It's more or less cyber bullying if you didn't know.
First of all, I wasn't "cyber bullying" you, give me a break. Secondly, I answered your question after my sarcastic joke. There are no choices to make in this new episode, so therefore there is no need for a walkthrough.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
screenshot0001.png

Ok so this may be known or something but I couldn't find anything with my search terms lol. I'm loading a save from .45 and I'm getting this on every screen unless there's a choice. Is this a known bug with old saves? I tried multiple saves but they all do the same thing. TIA, and sorry if it was answered and I couldn't find it.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
View attachment 236290

Ok so this may be known or something but I couldn't find anything with my search terms lol. I'm loading a save from .45 and I'm getting this on every screen unless there's a choice. Is this a known bug with old saves? I tried multiple saves but they all do the same thing. TIA, and sorry if it was answered and I couldn't find it.
I had not problem with old saves. Perhaps it's an issue with the download or something with the GPU.

Reactions: ive_got-problems

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
I had not problem with old saves. Perhaps it's an issue with the download or something with the GPU.
Right, I've never seen that before on any game haha. I just got done playing another game so I don't think it's GPU. I suppose it won't hurt to re-download again. Thanks for the idea. (y)

Reactions: UncleVT

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Right, I've never seen that before on any game haha. I just got done playing another game so I don't think it's GPU. I suppose it won't hurt to re-download again. Thanks for the idea. (y)
The only time I've seen anything like that was in the game Big Brother (Unity, not Ren'Py), specifically user made mods, when images were missing but the scene still playing out as though they were.

Are you copying the updated version(s) over the previous ones, or using a separate folder for each update?

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
View attachment 236290

I downloaded the compressed version and had the same issue. But I fixed it. In the images folder, it shows barista.webp, carl.webp, clerk,webp, client.webp, mary.webp, etc at the bottom of the page. Those images have the white backgrounds with the black text box. With notepad++ or your favorite editor, open img1.rpy and it's near the top of the document. It calls for those images. I just deleted those lines, saved it and tested. It worked perfectly. I'm not feeling so well so I don't remember which exact lines.
Edited. I couldn't find any alternate images but I wonder if someone forgot to use transparency or something like that with those images.

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
The only time I've seen anything like that was in the game Big Brother (Unity, not Ren'Py), specifically user made mods, when images were missing but the scene still playing out as though they were.

Are you copying the updated version(s) over the previous ones, or using a separate folder for each update?
Seperate folders for each update, They go in the same folder of their name, but they each are their own folder in there.

I downloaded the compressed version and had the same issue. But I fixed it. In the images folder, it shows barista.webp, carl.webp, clerk,webp, client.webp, mary.webp, etc at the bottom of the page. Those images have the white backgrounds with the black text box. With notepad++ or your favorite editor, open img1.rpy and it's near the top of the document. It calls for those images. I just deleted those lines, saved it and tested. It worked perfectly. I'm not feeling so well so I don't remember which exact lines.
Edited. I couldn't find any alternate images but I wonder if someone forgot to use transparency or something like that with those images.
That's exactly what it was, I downloaded the compressed version for this since it wasn't supposed to be a big update and now I downloaded the full one and it works just fine. That's weird though, I've never ran into an issue switching between them with other games. Not to my knowledge at least, anyway, it's working now and that's what matters lol.

Thanks everyone!

4.20 star(s) 165 Votes