4.20 star(s) 165 Votes

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
there's something going on with Mary
It woud be real-world logical if Mary's relationship with the MC wound down. There's a huge age difference. She may be a "hausfrau," but she also has terrible models for stable relationships. She brought Simone into the relationship (if you're on the threesome route) and even though she said it was a one-time thing, it wasn't. Neither of her parents approve of the relationship. He's clearly on the spectrum while she's demonstrative, emotional, and vivacious. In other words, there's a lot arguing against their potential as a couple.

If that happens, Simone will pick him up in a hot second, despite her jokes about wanting a sickly sugar daddy. And in terms of the game, I actually wonder if pursuing the threesome route is the precursor to that ending; if non-monogamy means you'll eventually lose Mary but gain Simone. I've no evidence that this is where they're going, but it wouldn't be an unreasonable outcome.

As someone who loves the game I "want" Mary and the MC to end up together, but that's how every other VN ends. As an objective appreciator of high-quality VNs I'm intrigued by the idea that they're just fundamentally fated to drift apart. That would be an ending that would disappoint a lot of people, but it would also be powerful and set this game apart from so many others. Again, I'm not saying that's what I want or what I think is going to happen. As with Haley's Story, there are twists and turns and that's just solid writing. To be honest, I crave that more than I crave a happy ending for the MC and Mary.

That said: all Mary's talk about endings? Fairytales usually end with a kiss and with happily ever after. It looks and reads as ominous on the screen, but that may be the hidden truth behind what she keeps asking.

Forgepuppy

Oct 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Life with Mary [v0.60] [LikesBlondes] - Original Size: 1.75GB

Download PC (428MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Every compressed game has problems with dark pics, it's the lossy thing. Some in this compressed ver are just beyond looking at. I usually prefer your compressed considering the DL time and weight but not this time as there are many dark pics and it can't be ignored what the compression does to them.

I appreciate the time you take to do them and they are more often than not worth it. I'm just saying the dark pics in this compressed ver are horrid. I know the answer is FU, DL the original! I am. Perhaps take more care with dark images is all I'm saying.

Reactions: bas

balinorr

Apr 25, 2017
It woud be real-world logical if Mary's relationship with the MC wound down. There's a huge age difference. She may be a "hausfrau," but she also has terrible models for stable relationships. She brought Simone into the relationship (if you're on the threesome route) and even though she said it was a one-time thing, it wasn't. Neither of her parents approve of the relationship. He's clearly on the spectrum and she's demonstrative and vivacious. In other words, there's a lot arguing against their potential as a couple.

If that happens, Simone will pick him up in a hot second. And in terms of the game, I actually wonder if pursuing the threesome route is the precursor to that ending; if non-monogamy means you lose Mary but gain Simone. I've no evidence that this is where they're going, but it wouldn't be an unreasonable outcome.

As someone who loves the game I "want" Mary and the MC to end up together, but that's how every other VN ends. As an objective appreciator of high-quality VNs I'm intrigued by the idea that they're just fundamentally fated to drift apart. That would be an ending that would disappoint a lot of people, but it would also be powerful and set this game apart from so many others. Again, I'm not saying that's what I want or what I think is going to happen. As with Haley's Story, there are twists and turns and that's just solid writing. To be honest, I crave that more than I crave a happy ending for the MC and Mary.

That said: all Mary's talk about endings? Fairytales usually end with a kiss. It looks and reads ominous on the screen, but that may be the hidden truth behind what she keeps asking.
i applaud you sir, that was a great comment and agree with them wholeheartedly, but you see this game is about "life with" (mary) now i think this could mean a number of things such as "life with mary while they are still in a relationship but may very well break up", "life with mary as in they spend their whole life together " or well however you gonna interpret that, i dunno this but i assume this game is relationship point based and although hidden the actions and choices will have at the very least some meaning for example i went the dedicated path with mary till now (no threesome or any such things) and will go till end for this playthrough so i expect my choices have some meaning in the end and not just be related to the sexual part of the game i really hope the path you talked about to be one of the endings based on the choices we make but if at the end of all this the choices become meaningless and we only be left with one predetermined ending it would be one hell of a let down.

Reactions: danilo
U

User_1206359

I was expecting more after reading some of the posts. The tone doesn't seem ominous at all and seems more like her wanting to know how serious the MC is about the relationship. He comes off as noncommittal or just going through the motions. The only real change is she is spending more time with friends away from him but that shouldn't be worrisome considering she had basically no life outside of him for so long. Who knows though. They could break up in the next update for all I know.

Vagipower

Nov 19, 2018
Well like they always say... and they lived happily ever after... hehe.

To be honest when I started playing this game I really wanted to end well, but as the history progresses I see that it might be interesting to have multiple endings, I'm not saying that I need 22 ending like in AL ;);)... but two or three endings, where you can have a happy ending (if you know what I mean) and another where things don't go as planned.

Anyways, I have to say I'm really enjoying this game and I hope to see the dev getting more support (on Patreon) as he deserves it...no doubt.

Reactions: danilo
U

User_1206359

To be honest when I started playing this game I really wanted to end well, but as the history progresses I see that it might be interesting to have multiple endings, I'm not saying that I need 22 ending like in AL ;);)... but two or three endings, where you can have a happy ending (if you know what I mean) and another where things don't go as planned.
Well she can already leave before the relationship actually starts so I will be surprised if there is not an ending where she ends up leaving or at least a few more "bad ends" along the way if you make too many wrong choices.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I saw her as a Loose Girl and all feelings I had for her went away immediately I tried to Cheat on her but Developer won't allow it
My, but you're special. She kisses her best friend and apologizes for it, fearing the MC misunderstood it and that's your conclusion from it?
Must be nice to be in a relationship with you. ;)

MoreLinks

Jul 27, 2018
Don't see that at all...
Yeah I think that the devs just want to make the MC have a muted personality, possibly to make it easier for people to "self-insert", so to speak. Don't the same devs also do Haley's Story and Alexandra? Somewhat similar MCs in those games. Just seems to be a creative choice.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
so far..what this update is showing me is that in fact..Simone is the better choice.....Mary's hair trigger emotional "youngness" shines through alot..while Simone remains mature and thoughtful...AND..no..she's not on the pill..you now have a baby..HAHAAAA!!!(if i wish for it hard enough it will happen!!!!)

Red469

May 18, 2018
Hi Rob
There are a number of adult mc vns Parental love is another that comes to mind, I am not overly fussed about the age of the mc tbh. Granted this one does have a bit more maturity and this VN has alot more of what you me and alot others find appealing.

The Prospect of an actual Believable storyline is in itself a breath of fresh air, and the intimacy between those three is heartwarming, I think theres always room for more options and what not but Overal its been done well.

i wonder..am i the only one that enjoys and plays this..not so much for Mary but because ya actually get to play an adult?..lol..(same with Alexandra)i'm just so sick of playing the exact same teen boy in SO many games that just being able to play as an adult makes this a winner...lol

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Yeah I think that the devs just want to make the MC have a muted personality, possibly to make it easier for people to "self-insert", so to speak.
Pretty much.
It's a standard practice for when players have to make choices regarding how a game's MC acts/reacts to things, which is a completely different thing from any degree of autism.

Reactions: Fossi

Fossi

Nov 5, 2018
I'd dig it if there is an ending with each chick. Something like, one happy monogamous Mary route, one in a love triangle with Simone, one with Simone stealing MC from Mary, and one where MC goes full playboy and bags Allsion, Andi and Vanessa at the same time, the ol' GRAND SLAM! Then gets caught in the act which derails everything (but hey, got to fuck the hottest milf in history, DAMN!)

There are some other routes that could come from this but I don't see the game getting too taboo. I did go back to the scene at her father's house and Mary does get EXTRA freaky, even calling MC, "Daddy" I think for the first time. Only, to later mention it again at a pool thing. What if John or Mike.. no, Mary?

Fossi

Nov 5, 2018
so far..what this update is showing me is that in fact..Simone is the better choice.....Mary's hair trigger emotional "youngness" shines through alot..while Simone remains mature and thoughtful...AND..no..she's not on the pill..you now have a baby..HAHAAAA!!!(if i wish for it hard enough it will happen!!!!)
OHHHH NOOOOs, That could mean that MC being such a quality catch, is actually falling into a trap. Simone is looking to catch a big bass, and she isn't shy about coming off as a gold digging type. She's just playing the both of them in order to swoop in steal MC or worse slap him with child support and become, dun dun duuun, A SINGLE MOTHER. ::record scratch:: (YUCK)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
OHHHH NOOOOs, That could mean that MC being such a quality catch, is actually falling into a trap. Simone is looking to catch a big bass, and she isn't shy about coming off as a gold digging type. She's just playing the both of them in order to swoop in steal MC or worse slap him with child support and become even worse, dun dun duuun, A SINGLE MOTHER. ::record scratch:: (YUCK)
no no..Simone has a heart of gold...she'll wife-up..i'm sure of it!! i have to be...i drank a full cuppa tea playing the update...not even a sip remaining...

Reactions: Snugglepuff
4.20 star(s) 165 Votes