bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Life with Mary 0.27

158E8V1GO.png

Aug 26 at 10:35am
Hello

You might be wondering why it's 0.27 instead of 0.30. The answer is simple. While it has the usual amount of renders. And it's actually a bit bigger than the last patch, we didn't cover all we were hoping to cover in terms of storyline. There is a special scene in this update that we were really trying to get right. It ended up taking up over 70 renders. That's 1/3 of the update. Just one scene. So we had to cut a couple of other scenes we wanted to do to make room for it. We decided that, in the end, we're more committed to getting it right than to overall development speed.

Really hope you enjoy it. Especially since we've taken quite a big chance, we think, storywise.

Won't say more for fear of spoilers.

Here is the update.

PC:
MAC:

Also. Please, if you find any bugs, report them. If we don't know about them, we can't fix them.

Best regards

Likesblondes ;)

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen such a contradictory pair of sentences from a dev in a long time:

Committed to getting it right over speed, yet cutting scenes to meet a contrived deadline?

So which is it?

I really, really hate reading things like this as well. Usually just another way of saying "let the shitstorm commence".

Downloading now. We'll see.
What can I say buddy
it is what it is, I'm just the messenger here :p

John Winkel

May 19, 2018
Life with Mary 0.27

View attachment 141973

Aug 26 at 10:35am
Hello

You might be wondering why it's 0.27 instead of 0.30. The answer is simple. While it has the usual amount of renders. And it's actually a bit bigger than the last patch, we didn't cover all we were hoping to cover in terms of storyline. There is a special scene in this update that we were really trying to get right. It ended up taking up over 70 renders. That's 1/3 of the update. Just one scene. So we had to cut a couple of other scenes we wanted to do to make room for it. We decided that, in the end, we're more committed to getting it right than to overall development speed.

Really hope you enjoy it. Especially since we've taken quite a big chance, we think, storywise.

Won't say more for fear of spoilers.

Here is the update.

PC:
MAC:

Also. Please, if you find any bugs, report them. If we don't know about them, we can't fix them.

Best regards

Likesblondes ;)

Quality, not quantity is the mark of a true professional! I just finished downloading & extracting. Now I get to dive in! Thanks!

Reactions: bobbo69

tulkas11

May 3, 2018
Committed to getting it right over speed, yet cutting scenes to meet a contrived deadline?

So which is it?
I mean it's pretty easy to infer that they're saying 'we are committed to getting each scene right, so we have reduced the amount of scenes in this update from what planned in order to meet the deadline in lieu of having an update with more scenes that are sloppy' or something to that effect. There's no reason to parse it as being contradictory.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
And it's actually a bit bigger than the last patch
I can't be bothered to look, maybe it was this dev before...but has the meaning of patch changed?
There are only a couple of devs here that actually patch games, the vast majority of updates are the complete version (which is fully understandable when fundamental changes are needed).

Only shooting you because...
What can I say buddy
it is what it is, I'm just the messenger here :p
Don't change your name to Pheidippides :rolleyes:
Thanks for the link, all downloaded now :firstimekiss:

Reactions: bobbo69

JaxXxon

Apr 28, 2018
Why is that contradictory? They cut on the content to get the details right in a specific scene.
But they didn't want to make us wait even longer until the rest of the content was finished. So they cut it short.

Now that said I enjoyed that very much. Mary is just adorable and I wouldn't want to let her go either. Thenew development in the story is interesting and I'm curious as to how it will play out.

Just one more thing while we were talking about quality and such before. In one scene the names of the ones speaking are a little mixed up! This should probably be changed with the next update.

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
I can't be bothered to look, maybe it was this dev before...but has the meaning of patch changed?
There are only a couple of devs here that actually patch games, the vast majority of updates are the complete version (which is fully understandable when fundamental changes are needed).

Only shooting you because...

Don't change your name to Pheidippides :rolleyes:
Thanks for the link, all downloaded now :firstimekiss:
I bet quite a few people on here will be saying. WTF! Who's Pheidippides?
Wonder what they'd think if I said "Anyone fancy a Marathon?" [aka snickers]

(start using your relevant search engine to find out who he was...)

[And you could've said.."Don't shoot the messenger" too]

Reactions: kiteares

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Here's a save from where you get asked about boob size and ex-girlfriend break-up, flags/points get set from these and have an impact later in the game, so choose wisely grasshopper.

imho You don't really understand Mary very well...
Looks like the save from some other game.

4.20 star(s) 165 Votes