4.20 star(s) 165 Votes

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
For me the issue to this point isn't the lack of choices it's something about Mary. To be specific she's boring and vanilla. I know some people eat that vanilla and pure love stuff right up but for me it really doesn't do anything.

So I just skip to the xscenes. I'm hoping the dev sort at some point allows us to corrupt her more. It doesn't have to lead to another character just make her more interesting and allow the MC to mold her more to his tastes.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
No, I understand entirely, as I'm starting to work with another developer in grammar fixing some translated script. I get to see where all the splits end up, and all of the paths and reputation points dispersed. The scripting is a LOT of work and hats off to those who spend the time hammering it out.

Sorry to get off of this game, but I was playing High Life recently, and what Team Erosion plans to do just blows my mind. There's going to be so many paths and splits that I'm afraid they're going to get a couple updates in and either have to start cutting corners, or give up because of the complexity. If I ever try to make a VN of my own, it'd definitely be in the format that you've laid out here, with a beautiful story for others to follow and minimal splits. :)
We have done a Branching story before with Dana but it is a ton of extra work and if you do one like that don't guarantee a monthly update as the coding of the engine and adding to each of the paths will cause pain. The best advice I can give is have a dedicated coder to keep the game from collapsing under its own weight also when you do updates update one path at a time. Don't try to keep track of multiple paths updates in one update

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
OK, I really don't get it. From the very start, it was a romance story about TWO believable and loveable characters. Vanilla? Yeah, duh! That's the whole point of the game! That's what most fans of this game really like. You would think that a simple love story should be in most games, but, apparently, "romance" became a borderline fetish - rarer than some ultra-hardcore stuff.

And when you say you understand and you have your own opinion - yes, I agree, you have your own opinion. But WHY did you even start playing the game about a love story of TWO persons?! Seriously, it's the same thing when someone starts playing NTR game and complaining about NTR. I don't like NTR so I don't play those games - hence, not complaining about something that was the whole point of those games.

Btw, even if I wouldn't know this game has Ptolemy touch, I would probably guess. Ptolemy is probably one of the best among story writers, especially love stories, and I absolutely love his style since "Dreaming of Dana".

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
It is wonderful that it is a game of love. The problem is that in that case once they have fucked and there is nothing left to advance in the game. Or will see how they have children and they walk holding hands by the beach?

TNT3

Sep 1, 2017
really like this well done pacing brilliant really well told it really is like reading a novel

xhoni spica

Donor
Aug 9, 2017
What is the best choice to tell Andi that you love Mary i mean if you chose yes she really get angry so bad or to chose no and lie to her.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I guess the point I was trying to get across is that it's nearly impossible to meet the expectations that many come in with (in this age of instant gratification). They talk about "No I want to be able to chase A,B, or C. A&B but not C, A&C but not B" and so forth, without the realization of what you had just said (complexity and work load). There's so much behind the scenes work that most can't appreciate, but are quick to criticize. Once one delves into the work and starts to try it out, you quickly gain an appreciation for pretty much EVERY game out there, and even more so for the well written ones. :D
As someone else told me here in the forum, careful, some people don't like being told that they can't understand/appreciate something that they don't know anything about/don't care about knowing about. You know me, I've tried to make this point before :)

We have done a Branching story before with Dana but it is a ton of extra work and if you do one like that don't guarantee a monthly update as the coding of the engine and adding to each of the paths will cause pain. The best advice I can give is have a dedicated coder to keep the game from collapsing under its own weight also when you do updates update one path at a time. Don't try to keep track of multiple paths updates in one update
Thanks for the advice I'm sure those who are interested will (Hopefully) take that advice on board.

OK, I really don't get it. From the very start, it was a romance story about TWO believable and loveable characters. Vanilla? Yeah, duh! That's the whole point of the game! That's what most fans of this game really like. You would think that a simple love story should be in most games, but, apparently, "romance" became a borderline fetish - rarer than some ultra-hardcore stuff.

And when you say you understand and you have your own opinion - yes, I agree, you have your own opinion. But WHY did you even start playing the game about a love story of TWO persons?! Seriously, it's the same thing when someone starts playing NTR game and complaining about NTR. I don't like NTR so I don't play those games - hence, not complaining about something that was the whole point of those games.

Btw, even if I wouldn't know this game has Ptolemy touch, I would probably guess. Ptolemy is probably one of the best story writers, especially love stories, and I absolutely love his style since "Dreaming of Dana".
Can't they just start just because? Has it really stopped anyone from giving an opinion? Have you had a chance to look at the Man Of The House thread? My point is you can say something doesn't mean anyone is willing to read/listen and will do what they want regardless of any reason.

What is the best choice to tell Andi that you love Mary i mean if you chose yes she really get angry so bad or to chose no and lie to her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Enyos

RereiRaRerena

Aug 25, 2018
Well, im here to say that you guys did a great job with the game so far ^_^.
Right now Mary is one of my favorite character from all the games that i played(indie and AAA included) and i can also put her with characters from series/movies.
She is just natural which makes her great in my eyes. Hat down to you devs ^_^ and keep up the good work.
The other characters are also well done and very likable too.
Hard to find these type of characters now days ^_^
Also, I think you know this allready but im going to say it anyway.
You guys should tell the story that you want to tell, no need to please anyone because there are going to be a lot of peoples that will enjoy your story and appreciate it a lot more because you made it with passion, something that can be seen by the reader/player.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
I totally understand and accept that Andi is out of reach of the MC, but can we get a wardrobe malfunction, please? :D

Jun 4, 2017
The thing about linearity is that it's almost a MUST, unless you have a huge team behind you.
Let's say you make 1 choice option that completely splits the game in 2. Really consequential. Even if you only change the dialogue in some scenes by that choice, you have to at least make a few different renders for it. So, let's say it increases the original size by 60%.
Then you make another such choice, since they are 2 paths now, that's another 120% of the story between the first and second choice.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, that to make a game with little linearity, you either have to make it quite short on each different path. And that will take away the character development. Since it takes quite a bit of time to do that.
Or have a huge team behind you.
If anyone doubts this, just go spend a little time on the Depraved Awakening thread and read @Philly_Games's recent comments.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Seems to me we're in need of some new tags that would solve ALL these ' I like 2 fap, not enough fap material & to slow paced for me'
& 'I love the storytelling / romance aspect of games, idc if there isn't a fuck a minute'

Let's call the 1st tag 'QuickFap games' or 'the Sauce' & the other tag we'll call 'slow burn' or 'No Soup for Juu' then we just need a 'Vanilla' tag. This way if you require triple-tentacle-penetration-furry-cucking then you see the 'Vanilla' tag and move on, no more need to comment in thread about how you need at least 7 trap orgies per update to enjoy the game xD

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Seems to me we're in need of some new tags that would solve ALL these ' I like 2 fap, not enough fap material & to slow paced for me'
& 'I love the storytelling / romance aspect of games, idc if there isn't a fuck a minute'

Let's call the 1st tag 'QuickFap games' or 'the Sauce' & the other tag we'll call 'slow burn' or 'No Soup for Juu' then we just need a 'Vanilla' tag. This way if you require triple-tentacle-penetration-furry-cucking then you see the 'Vanilla' tag and move on, no more need to comment in thread about how you need at least 7 trap orgies per update to enjoy the game XD
Nah. You can be sure 90% of people don't read tags, but will come immediately and start complaining or giving their opinion "how it should be".

SevenDeadlies

Aug 11, 2018
Love this game! Does anyone have contact with the dev? I have a few corrections to share - mostly just proofreading stuff. Patreon doesn't seem to let you message someone unless you are a Patron and I am not going to pledge this close to the end of the month...

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Love this game! Does anyone have contact with the dev? I have a few corrections to share - mostly just proofreading stuff. Patreon doesn't seem to let you message someone unless you are a Patron and I am not going to pledge this close to the end of the month...
Well he does pop in here from time to time m8

Reactions: Namco15
U

User_365148

PM me. Or make a post and @Me. I'll get it.
Thanks, BTW

Reactions: Namco15 and nasam
4.20 star(s) 165 Votes