Jan 7, 2018
I reckon the game is quite resource-heavy, but is there a way to make it run on a Virtual Machine? I never get past the second screen ("loading assets, please wait") where I guess you're supposed to start-continue-quit the game. It doesn't hang or freeze or become unresponsive (at least not according the task manager), it just stays like that for like one minute and then returns to the desktop (no error message).
Here's the specs:
Host OS: Mac / Parallels / Guest OS: Windows 10 32 bit with 2 CPU's ("dual core"), 4 GB RAM, GPU: auto (I tried with up to 1 GB, to no avail), 128 GB HD.
I see there are a bunch of config files but the game doesn't let you choose the settings: maybe I can modify some of those files to lower the settings? Because I am under the impression that Windows tricks the game into thinking that the hardware is much more powerful than it actually is.

PlayDat

Sep 18, 2017
Version 2.1 - Fatal errors still very common and clothes load very slowly (characters are jerking in place while the game loads each piece of clothing one at a time).

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Version 2.1 - Fatal errors still very common and clothes load very slowly (characters are jerking in place while the game loads each piece of clothing one at a time).
For now, just delete the LifePlay/Content/Heavy/Daz/Clothes folder
Daz clothes are really really heavy even after decimation (they're not meant for games really, but for still renders, so the asset creators usually couldn't care less about performance optimization, leading to ridiculous polycount). As you notice, I already make the game load them really slowly to be safe which so far seems to do the trick for the majority of players, but some PCs seem to just refuse to play nice with these clothes.
If anyone who still has fatal crashes could help beta-test for v2.2, it would be a greatly appreciated help. This is now a system-specific issue, and all the beta testers for v2.1 are now running the game well already, so I wouldn't be able to resolve this for your PCs without your help

Hahah famous last words for developers.
mecha is just reporting about his/her own experience as a player with his own PC as it had crash issues back in 2.0.

Reactions: Canto Forte

DillionWhore

Sep 30, 2018
yeah, but i said it anyway.
Coz i was bored and it's true. :)
Sorrry if i wasted your time.

It's in the list with things like 'it works on my machine'. :)
A bit like "You are sick? How strange.. i am not sick at all."

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
It's in the list with things like 'it works on my machine'. :)
A bit like "You are sick? How strange.. i am not sick at all."
"It works on my machine" is actually a really helpful feedback to give to a developer, just as helpful as reporting bugs. Certainly much more helpful than silence.
I know you're just making a joke but I just don't want anyone to feel they're being mocked for just trying to be helpful to the project.

DillionWhore

Sep 30, 2018
"It works on my machine" is actually a really helpful feedback to give to a developer, just as helpful as reporting bugs. Certainly much more helpful than silence.
I know you're just making a joke but I just don't want anyone to feel they're being mocked for just trying to be helpful to the project.
Also the DEV says "It works on my machine". Not the user.
When you tell them something is not working right.

But i would not mock anyone.
All mellow

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Also the DEV says "It works on my machine". Not the user.
When you tell them something is not working right.
mecha is just a user trying to help (I believe he/ she only tried the game the first time the last version). He/She isn't associated with the project in any way
I'm the dev.

Metlal_97

Jul 15, 2017
Yeah 2.1 Works for me but I'm still holding off on playing this actively, until it gets to a more finished state. Just me though I do this for in-dev games I hold off and watch over time.

Reactions: Vinfamy

panamacityeddie

Jun 27, 2018
The game works perfect for me and i'm enjoying it a lot. But i am curious if there is some kind of money cheat at all. My character goes through money like Liz Taylor went through husbands.

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
The game works perfect for me and i'm enjoying it a lot. But i am curious if there is some kind of money cheat at all. My character goes through money like Liz Taylor went through husbands.
Ctrl + T > money should be one of the first in the list -> give yourself a lottery winning :)
If you want to increase your income instead, increase your jobexperience then resign your current job and attend another interview

panamacityeddie

Jun 27, 2018
Ctrl + T > money should be one of the first in the list -> give yourself a lottery winning :)
If you want to increase your income instead, increase your jobexperience then resign your current job and attend another interview
Thank you so much for the reply.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Just wanted to also voice a request for the posibility of skin sets. Game would look a lot better, even if you just had YoungAdult/MiddleAged/Elder I assume there are quite a few for Daz, but probabily quite heavy. 5 seconds in photo shop could cure that.

nmm

Jun 12, 2017
While playing "new game" mode with a male, is there a way the male player gets transformed to a transgender without editing player appearance? and, if so, how?

Rakger

May 25, 2017
the game has changed A LOT since v1.4, the models and skeletons are completely different now.

Sounds like it's just loading the map. There's a lot of data in each map. It can take several minutes (like even 15 minutes if you load a big map) to load a map, the game might appear non responding while it loads the map but once loading is done, the game will proceeed normally. Just try waiting some more to see what happens.
Or try a small map like Bath which should be loaded within 2-3 minutes

Right Click on your desktop > NVidia Control Panel > Program Settings > find or add LifePlay.exe > choose your graphic card (should be high performance Nvidia proessor) as prefered graphic processor

LHale87 f you don't mind every NPC being naked, you can delete the LifePlay/Content/Heavy/Daz/Clothes folder - doing so will eliminate the fatal crashes for sure. this is the last resort if your PC absolutely refuses to play nice with the Daz clothes the game uses.
I found the problem with v2.1 was an incompatability problem with win 10 my computer is only win 8 ready. I works on my notebook with win 8

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Also a few suggestions Vinfamy

1) A new feature could be a fetish system.

feet
incest
armpit
piss
scat
smell
furry
s and m
gimps
pegging
cuck
rape/kidnapping

I think this will help really expand the audience. I mean once you get the furry crowd to look your way, money will roll in. I personally think furry and fur fetish is weird and disgusting, similar to scatology.

But hey man, kinks, you could treat it like the bestiality module. Each one is separate (some already are), then have the "fetish" module link into those. Mainly for the sake of manually applying said fetishes to any given character at creation, or modification, that way we don't have to "earn" incest, bestiality, or cuck content. We simply need to apply the fetish to character(s) in order to take part in the content. I would also recommend basic "levels" for fetishes; this is so you can create progression. However if the player wishes to just give MAXED fetish level they can do so with a simple slider option in character creation/modification; the "levels" would have say 1-3 or so for each "level/tier" which would unlock greater degrees of content for that fetish.
Example: Level 1 Feet fetish is just masturbating to feet touching feet, level 2 would have footjobs and idk?, level 3 would have them sucking/licking feet and maybe shoving feet up their ass (I don't fucking know what foot fetish people do, I just know there are a lot of them).
This would help people customize their games to a more depraved degree.

Each fetish is one module with unique animations/scenes/dialogue (unless more exist already)
You cold also hold votes on your patreon so as to figure out which fetishes should be implemented first. As well as give patrons and yourself a nice side roadmap of content to interact with.

Personally I would love to see furry fetish in the game, where you can buy fur suits and have fursuits in scenes. That way I can live out my life as some degenerate who thinks they are a fox and go to furry fuck parties, but then kill them all and go to jail.

- Side note. Add a suicide option in the game, I would recommend a mental health meter/stat. Where you can only suicide if its low enough. The only things I can think of that would cause mental health damage is maybe no job or getting cucked without the cuck fetish, no where to live would slowly degrade your mental health as well. It could be treated as a sort of timer, where if you don't have a life your character will just automatically commit suicide as another game over state besides prison/death by another.

2) Another suggestion I would say is expanding on elements in general. Take crime for example; where you can be different stuff, mainly a human trafficker. I mean the default map is central london, cmon (jokes, too real).
Being able to kidnap/train people as slaves then sell them as a crime job would be sweet, and would get you the SLG or "trainer" crowd. Think about it your game, where people can pull a "sims" and make people they know IRL take part in their own "trainer" game ...ya, that will win quite a few people over if you ask me. Brothel/whore sims/buisness management are a popular genre, if you can fit even a surface level element of that into your game, it will be great.

BTW a good kidnapping mini game would be a simple "chase" (rapid clicking/dodging) minigame. dumbcrow made a game called "assault" and his "chase" minigame is a great example to work off of if you want something simple but also based around say your fitness stat or something.

Also, more mini games, or should I say more variety, used in more situations, but not not overly complicated or "unique", K.I.S.S for example; a bit more on the simple side like accurately clicking or rapidly clicking on something to "complete" it. Or dragging carefully.
- examples "sleep raping" would require a careful "dragging" mini game to remove the covers. Rapidly clicking mini game for when you try to "rape" or "fight/kill" somebody. An accurate click mini game for an alternative, say if you have a weapon or if you are sneaking and trying to pick a lock you do the "accurate click" as a means to test skill. The higher any skill related to the activity is the easier the mini game.

3) Lastly not sure how practical it would be, but adding interactive environments. It would be nice to walk around my house/apartment or work or [insert generic building].
At the very least your own living space would be nice, nothing crazy, some copy pasted prefabricated stuff that can be used as templates for most building types would be nice; i.e a restaurant room, a house room, a church room, each with basic interactive things like "socialize" "pray" "eat", obviously the menu system will still exist for people that are wanting to do certain things faster but for immersion it would be nice, IDK just a thought.

4) I don't think you can do this since I checked and haven't gotten a response yet, but let us customize creations more.
Let us create NPC families and relationships. I would like to handcraft elements of my world, after all if the intention with all those maps is to let us play where or near we live, let us create in depth characters and relationships.
Just as we can edit the relation of NPC's to us, let us edit relationships with NPC's to other NPC's.
Not just family either. Let us have NPC1 be the boss of NPC 2 and 3, 2 and 3 are my "colleges" that way NPC1 is NPC 2, 3, and my boss. Or lets say NPC5 is dating NPC6, while NPC7 is NPC5's ex. Stuff like that. Let us create a web for ourselves.

5) LAST last suggestion. Having a place, maybe a subreddit or something or your discord to upload these "webs" or creations would be nice. So instead of just having characters we can upload "towns" or "families" or "groups" with already created relationships and people. Then we can customize the looks of those people ourselves or with other user created ones.

Last edited:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Just wanted to also voice a request for the posibility of skin sets. Game would look a lot better, even if you just had YoungAdult/MiddleAged/Elder I assume there are quite a few for Daz, but probabily quite heavy. 5 seconds in photo shop could cure that.
Yes, there are plenty of skinsets, swapping skinsets are straightforward technically to implement. Not too performance intensive either - so far I found high poly count models much more of an issue than high resolution textures
I'll add more skinsets around v 2.4 / 2.5

Can your son or daughter get married and can you seduce their partner?
they will eventually bring a boyfriend / girlfriend home (either formally introduce you to them or you might catch them fucking). After that, there are both a couple of specific events for seducing them and you can also seduce them the traditional way by inviting them out (you need to check your son's profile in the Contacts menu > click on his girlfriend on there to stalk online for her contact first)

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 116 Votes