Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So, you can rent a place to live, but will there be options to actually buy a place to live? And possible like buy items for the home? If you played a while, it kinda.... start rack up cash and nothing to spend it on. Buy items for the home that could unlock new events could be cool though...

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
So, you can rent a place to live, but will there be options to actually buy a place to live? And possible like buy items for the home? If you played a while, it kinda.... start rack up cash and nothing to spend it on. Buy items for the home that could unlock new events could be cool though...
I'll add some of these features in v1.11 (i.e. the one after the next)

On the two sons thing, is the player the mom or the son? Do these two sons just show up on the Contacts menu or were they introduced via a scene?

On relative becoming bf/gf, it's deliberate that you no longer get generic family events once you reach that stage (most of them wouldn't make sense anymore). However, in the background, the game actually still 'remembers' that this bf/gf used to be a relative. I can add a few special scenes that make use of this - good point about pregnancy.

Reactions: huhula

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I'll add some of these features in v1.11 (i.e. the one after the next)

On the two sons thing, is the player the mom or the son? Do these two sons just show up on the Contacts menu or were they introduced via a scene?

On relative becoming bf/gf, it's deliberate that you no longer get generic family events once you reach that stage (most of them wouldn't make sense anymore). However, in the background, the game actually still 'remembers' that this bf/gf used to be a relative. I can add a few special scenes that make use of this - good point about pregnancy.
The player was the mom, and was hanging out with the son, doing stuff around the city when he introduced her for the siblings, lol.

hawkwolf22

Jul 23, 2017
anyone know how to get further on the non consent as in get her drunk when you do other option than call a cab it only offers apologise is there a way to do other option also I have an idea for the netorare route an extra option and possible to add The Ferrari and Lamborghini Supercars in particular The Diablo I like that Car

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
anyone know how to get further on the non consent as in get her drunk when you do other option than call a cab it only offers apologise is there a way to do other option also I have an idea for the netorare route an extra option and possible to add The Ferrari and Lamborghini Supercars in particular The Diablo I like that Car
Your masochist stat must be less than 0 (i.e. you're dominant, not submissive)
Ctrl + T to edit this stat

hawkwolf22

Jul 23, 2017
Thanks see it works now your Game is very impressive I'll donate when I return from Holidays will you discuss option for Netorare route it involves a cuckold pregnancy is this possible where the partner asks wife for another man to impregnate her but you have option to choose The Bull with her

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Thanks see it works now your Game is very impressive I'll donate when I return from Holidays will you discuss option for Netorare route it involves a cuckold pregnancy is this possible where the partner asks wife for another man to impregnate her but you have option to choose The Bull with her
Thank you for your support. Enjoy your holiday :)
That's a good scene idea actually. I'll add it in the next version.

hawkwolf22

Jul 23, 2017
Thanks it could be repeatable possibly the ultimate Cuckold it can be done with the female option she could ask a transgender to impregnate her wife also while I think of it the Non consent has the Victim option how does a female become a victim if playing that route

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Thanks it could be repeatable possibly the ultimate Cuckold it can be done with the female option she could ask a transgender to impregnate her wife also while I think of it the Non consent has the Victim option how does a female become a victim if playing that route
I'm so happy all these stuff is kinda modulated so you can opt out and in of whatever float your boat. We seen threads of other games where certain aspects of game turn into a flamewar.

I wonder what vinfamy's limits are in regard of peoples desires of fetish's and such though. If there is a barrier he just will go "nope, don't wanna touch this shit", lol :p

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I'm so happy all these stuff is kinda modulated so you can opt out and in of whatever float your boat. We seen threads of other games where certain aspects of game turn into a flamewar.

I wonder what vinfamy's limits are in regard of peoples desires of fetish's and such though. If there is a barrier he just will go "nope, don't wanna touch this shit", lol :p
Underage content is my only no-no. Everything else is okay, even if I'm not personally into it: if enough people request them, I'll make them. Even in the current game for example, I personally have zero interest in gay and shemale content and very little interest in incest, but I still include them (although my MM animations are probably shit :) ) because I know a decent % of the players would want such content.
If you look at my modding history, I've done some pretty hardcore content like bestiality, rape and slavery.
As you said, I built the game to be highly modular (and moddable) for this exact reason: people are very picky about what they're into - a fetish for one person might be a complete turn-off for another, so the ability to turn on and off fetishes is crucial to a lifesim like this.
If I were to make a game purely out of what I'm personally into, you would get a female protagonist game where the player constantly gets gangbanged :p

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Underage content is my only no-no. Everything else is okay, even if I'm not personally into it: if enough people request them, I'll make them. Even in the current game for example, I personally have zero interest in gay and shemale content and very little interest in incest, but I still include them (although my MM animations are probably shit :) ) because I know a decent % of the players would want such content.
If you look at my modding history, I've done some pretty hardcore content like bestiality, rape and slavery.
As you said, I built the game to be highly modular (and moddable) for this exact reason: people are very picky about what they're into - a fetish for one person might be a complete turn-off for another, so the ability to turn on and off fetishes is crucial to a lifesim like this.
If I were to make a game purely out of what I'm personally into, you would get a female protagonist game where the player constantly gets gangbanged :p
Ponders..... well, you can have pets in the game.. lol.. I have no real particular fetish's, but find it more interesting to play stuff that a bit more kinky and taboo than vanilla stuff.

One thing though, there is an event that hint towards some gloryhole stuff. But.. there is no such actual event . It kinda went from "oh cool" expectations, to "oh bummer" :p

As for gangbangs.. ponders, how many characters can you fit in a scene? Like you can host parties and such in the game right... start some swingers club for some entirely different party :p Could wreck havoc on jealousy and relations that I guess...

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
I think my number one gripe with the interface currently is that when the action menu clips the stats display in the lower right corner, the action menu is either completely inaccesible or at least its scrolling feature. Since at my current resolution (1680x1080) the action menu will always clip when the camera is in default orientation and centered on the players position (left click on player image, left click on current location), I keep having to close the action menu, rotate the camera slightly and open the action menu again. Closing the action menu unpauses the game as well, adding to the inconvenience at higher speed settings.

That's...infuriating. Would it be possible to adjust the action menu position so it opens away from other UI elements or - if having it open in the same position relative to the curser is preferred - make it open on top of other UI elements, retaining full function?

2018-08-30 19_38_20-LifePlay.jpg

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
@Aeriys Thanks for reporting this. It's quite hard to take into account all the different screen resolutions as I only have one device for testing. I'll try to resolve this for you in the next version, most likely by making sure that the action menu always has 'priority' over other UI elements, but maybe your suggestion is a better solution ... we shall see.

Ponders..... well, you can have pets in the game.. lol.. I have no real particular fetish's, but find it more interesting to play stuff that a bit more kinky and taboo than vanilla stuff.

One thing though, there is an event that hint towards some gloryhole stuff. But.. there is no such actual event . It kinda went from "oh cool" expectations, to "oh bummer" :p

As for gangbangs.. ponders, how many characters can you fit in a scene? Like you can host parties and such in the game right... start some swingers club for some entirely different party :p Could wreck havoc on jealousy and relations that I guess...
All of these will make an appearance at some point in the long-term future. They are all popular kinks. But they all have barriers to them right now:
- Pet = more models, skeletons and animations
- Gloryhole = implement a animated object system for animations, this system is also required for dildos etc
- Gangbang = more animations, the more number of actors involved, the longer it takes to make the animations
Nothing that cannot be done, but as I still can only work on the game part-time, they don't seem to justify the time investment right now. If I were working full-time on the game all these months, they would probably have been included already.

Reactions: Aeriys

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
@Aeriys Thanks for reporting this. It's quite hard to take into account all the different screen resolutions as I only have one device for testing. I'll try to resolve this for you in the next version, most likely by making sure that the action menu always has 'priority' over other UI elements, but maybe your suggestion is a better solution ... we shall see.
Much obliged :)
You really don't have to rush this, I'm happy that you're aware of it.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

From v1.10 onwards, LifePlay will use the latest version of Unreal Engine 4.20.2. I thought it was necessary to upgrade as the previous Unreal version the game was using (4.18.2) is now nearly one year old. This has no direct impact on gameplay. However, with a more updated engine behind it, LifePlay should now see improvements in stability (less crashes), performance (more FPS), and compatibility. The engine now also runs faster and hasn't crashed once so far for me during development , which means happier dev and bigger updates! :)

One downside to this is that there won't be any 'Update Only' downloads for LifePlay v1.10, just the full 1GB+ downloads. Past saves should still be compatible though. The 'Update Only' downloads will make their return in LifePlay v1.11. Also, all the 130 maps remain unchanged but had to be 'rebuilt' using the updated engine so for v1.10, you'll need to redownload any map you want to use. Sorry for these inconveniences but this is pretty much a one-off, I won't need to upgrade the engine again in any foreseeable future.

Reactions: AnonF21

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
As promised, here's the untested Linux build. No idea if it works:

Thank you for your help!

Yes, but as I will upgrade the character models themselves sooner or later, I just want to wait until after then to make more poses / animations
Ok so I gave it a go.

The Linux version starts up but initially has a texture bug on the models. This is solved by running the executable and passing "-vulkan" as an argument.

The big problem though is that there's a game hang/infinite loop in the opening menu screen. It's hard to describe but as you open the game and the MC on the left starts his "looking around" animation, the game hangs entirely.

I'll have a look this weekend and see if I can provide more support than this

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Couple things... Damn , how many times you need to help someone fix their computer :p I know some people that horrible with computers, but c'mon. Think that event should be a one off per NPC (or at least very rare trigger again on same NPC), its a nice "ice breaker" event, to get to know and establish a connection with another NPC though.

Also one thing that sometimes a bit annoying; you hanging out with someone, and then you get a event for that someone at same time. And then you get like a double of the NPC on the screen wearing 2 different outfits. If you already hanging out with a NPC and then get a "ran into same NPC" event trigger it kinda weird..

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Ok so I gave it a go.

The Linux version starts up but initially has a texture bug on the models. This is solved by running the executable and passing "-vulkan" as an argument.

The big problem though is that there's a game hang/infinite loop in the opening menu screen. It's hard to describe but as you open the game and the MC on the left starts his "looking around" animation, the game hangs entirely.

I'll have a look this weekend and see if I can provide more support than this
@Vinfamy Is it a pain to build a Linux version? If it's not time consuming can I have the most recent version built to target it?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
@Vinfamy Is it a pain to build a Linux version? If it's not time consuming can I have the most recent version built to target it?
Will give it a try later on today. I'll see if I can build it as a 'DebugGame' this time instead of using the normal 'Shipping' preset - it would contain more tools and info to debug. Thanks for all your help.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes