hawkwolf22

Jul 23, 2017
it all depends on Vinfamy it's his Project and how he feels about it if he doesnt like it we have to respect it

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Hmm wonder if bestality will be part of this games genre?
If you look back in the thread, you will see he commented about making mods in the past that had beast content. So possible, but to include it in the game would require a bit of work though.

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Could you add drugs and maybe some forced prostitution? being able to buy and sell drugs would add a different way to make money/spend money that could have some neat consequences, maybe even make a generic prison map that you could be sent to if your caught doing something illegal like selling drugs or what not
I'm okay with that. Maybe I can incorporate some of these ideas in a future update for Crime/ Police career path or for expanding the sex worker career. , the only thing that is a definite no for me is any sexual content involving children.

This works flawlessly on Ubuntu 18.04 with nVidia 396.54. No errors or crashes, and didn't need to select Vulkan, had a quick play and seems identical to Win.

To the point where if you build the Release Build and it still works, I'd just put it out with an unsupported caveat.
Excellent! Thank you so much for your help. I'll be happy to include a Linux link for all my future releases.
Mac ... you're next! (someday ... )

Hmm wonder if bestality will be part of this games genre?
I'd like to add it as an optional module some day. It's a popular kink and I'm personally not offended at all by it. I've done a few bestiality mods for LoversLab.
It's just very time-intensive to do: new skeletons, new models, new animations. I still can only work on the game in my spare time away from my freelance work (although hopefully I can gradually increase my game development hours with more donations) ... so bestiality just doesn't seem worth the huge time investment right now.

Reactions: AnonF21

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

I'm glad to announce that each LifePlay version from now on will also be available for Linux.
Special thanks to dspeed for beta-testing this Linux build as I don't actually own a Linux device myself so I could only build but not test.

Porting an Unreal Engine for Mac is a lot more complicated so as much as I'd love to add it to allow more people to enjoy LifePlay, I'm not expecting a Mac build in any foreseeable future unfortunately.

Reactions: dspeed and AnonF21

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I noticed in a earlier post in regard of the next update, being a student could be a thing. Could the possibility for like room mates or maybe even a frat house, and part time jobs be bundled with that? As a student you would have less income on a part time job. Part time could be working with serving in a resturant, cafe sop or something similar?

Have to get a degree for what profession (career) you want to pursue would be cool though. In such a scenario, even living at home with your parents could be a thing.....

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
Overview:
LifePlay is a life simulation RPG that allows you to play in 130 (and counting) real world cities with real world buildings. The game has extensive character customizations and non-grindy gameplay and includes a range of life situations (476 scenes and counting) where your choice matters. The 3D sex scenes allow player control without forcing it, enhanced by well-written erotica.
The game has been under development since the end of 2017, you can easily get a few hours of gameplay, especially if you try out different character builds in different maps. All game versions and their sources will be released to the public immediately. It's also very moddable, just check the Docs folder for information.​
Awesome! Finally found what have been looking for. Now all you need to do is add multiplayer and boost advertizing to get real women on board and you beat the Sims on all odds.
*I've yet to try it, but the shots show some poor graphics, when bangin characters hang in the air while surroundings are blurred..

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You might want to look into Second Life.
Thats taking the sandbox to the next level. I think any multiplayer/online game, with an adult nature of such is setting yourself up to break down and cry. lol. I'm quite sure there is those that found out "real women" was a myth in Second Life :p

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
I think any multiplayer/online game, with an adult nature of such is setting yourself up to break down and cry.
That much? Hypersensitive

I'm quite sure there is those that found out "real women" was a myth in Second Life :p
Disagree! There was a documentary on Youtube about some disabled overweight women in their late forties who found happiness in it some 10 years ago..

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
I'm quite sure there is those that found out "real women" was a myth in Second Life :p
Second Life has a higher proportion of women than pretty much any other game I've ever played. It attracts creatives of all kinds, and if someone wants a multiplayer experience with real people to explore their kinks it's pretty much the best option... And yeah some guys just troll it, but others use it to sincerely explore a trans identity long before they're comfortable doing that in real life.
I met my partners there, and unless you're running around being judgy at people all the time it's pretty easy to find somewhere to fit in.

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
There were also articles about people who purportedly made a fortune on it from making and selling virtual property but strangely all of them opted to remain anonymous.. ;D

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
Are you in some modern threesome family or what?
I'm bi and in a closed MMF triad, yeah.

As for SL real estate if you're talking about Anshe Chung, the first Virtual Land millionaire, her real name is Ailin Graef and she's not anonymous at all. You know you can google stuff like that right?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Second Life has a higher proportion of women than pretty much any other game I've ever played. It attracts creatives of all kinds, and if someone wants a multiplayer experience with real people to explore their kinks it's pretty much the best option... And yeah some guys just troll it, but others use it to sincerely explore a trans identity long before they're comfortable doing that in real life.
I met my partners there, and unless you're running around being judgy at people all the time it's pretty easy to find somewhere to fit in.
Just saying it can be very easy to get messed up on that level. Its very easy on the internet and in games to adopt your own kinda persona, one that doesn't necessary reflect who and what you are in real life. Two such (or more) could easy hook up in Second Life (or any game really), but when real life bleed through, the illusion can shatter. A guy can meet a woman, or a woman another woman or a guy a guy, whatever gender indentity. But your illusion of what and who that person might be on the other side of the screen. Your 20 something hot can be a 60 yr old not... or whatever...

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
I've had a similar experience in Red light district, some 10 years ago. I went about as a griefer, yet eventually got the interest of a female character, we chatted a bit and I asked her to move to skype. She was going by the name Southern_belle. So when we connected on skype, I did not even have to start videochat. She had put a real photo of herself for profile pic and she was soo fat I lost any interest in a blink..

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
And now that I mentioned Red light district, which works quite similarly to 2nd life, though not as sophisticated at least at the time, I can point the problem. They both require paying to be able to do anything other than chat up other players..

When I suggested multiplayer here, I meant it stays a free game. Of course if it's paid mainstream population will stay away and you get only male basement-dwelling niche fanatics. No offense meant to anyone, just things the way they are..

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes