Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
And now that I mentioned Red light district, which works quite similarly to 2nd life, though not as sophisticated at least at the time, I can point the problem. They both require paying to be able to do anything other than chat up other players..

When I suggested multiplayer here, I meant it stays a free game. Of course if it's paid mainstream population will stay away and you get only male basement-dwelling niche fanatics. No offense meant to anyone, just things the way they are..
Multiplayer you think of here, usually involves running a server. At that level, there is no such thing as a free game because there is running expenses. Also it would turn this game into something its not to start with. Or intended to be.

Reactions: Scorpio1971

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
Well, Idk, there's another free game here which is presented as a multiplayer:
Expenses can probably be covered by ad revenue, right? I'd rather have some annoying banners pop-up from time to time than pull a credit card.. Anyway, it was just an idea

Boldi

Apr 9, 2018
And now that I mentioned Red light district, which works quite similarly to 2nd life, though not as sophisticated at least at the time, I can point the problem. They both require paying to be able to do anything other than chat up other players..

When I suggested multiplayer here, I meant it stays a free game. Of course if it's paid mainstream population will stay away and you get only male basement-dwelling niche fanatics. No offense meant to anyone, just things the way they are..
i'll have you know me and many of my brother dont dwell in basements and find that offensive.

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
i'll have you know me and many of my brother dont dwell in basements and find that offensive.
As you can probably realize it was not targeted at you personally but if you somehow identify with this image to be bothered I can't help you.

Boldi

Apr 9, 2018
As you can probably realize it was not targeted at you personally but if you somehow identify with this image to be bothered I can't help you.
I was being Ironic and Sarcastic both of which translate poorly in text. I may need to work on my delivery.

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
Maybe.. whatever. I did not express myself well either. Looking at my post again, it sounds a bit like an angry feminist :X

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
It still exists but it's dead as shit from what I hear
It's not dead, but it's not thriving either. Peak concurrence for SL was 88k users in 2009. It's nearly a decade later now and concurrence still hovers between 45k and 50k users and it hasn't actually declined at all for the last three years, just stayed at that same level... The economy has tanked though, because it's not attracting new users. There's a kind of creative stagnation, and most of the active users are veterans at this point who have almost all the things they're likely to want.

That said it's still full of active kink and roleplay communities. I think the biggest problem with SL is evident in this thread, people still talk about it largely in that friend-of-a-friend, unsubstantiated rumors and 10 year old news stories way; and Linden Labs have done nothing to change that perception or make SL relevant as the real world changes around it.

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
I have a technical question regarding the game. When I run the exe I get this pop up:
drvr alert.PNG

Indeed, I've the OEM provided drivers installed that are probably 5 years old. But the version recommended here is not quite recent either, 378.92 is from March 2017, and the newest one available is 391.35 from March 27th this year.
So I'm a bit confused and would like to ask the dev how does the software determine what driver version to recommend? Why does it suggest exactly 378.92?

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Indeed, I've the OEM provided drivers installed that are probably 5 years old. But the version recommended here is not quite recent either, 378.92 is from March 2017, and the newest one available is 391.35 from March 27th this year.
So I'm a bit confused and would like to ask the dev how does the software determine what driver version to recommend? Why does it suggest exactly 378.92?
Don't worry about it. Just update your driver to the latest one.
The game engine used in v1.9 and earlier was Unreal Engine 4.18.2, which is nearly one year old too (about when I started the game's development - late 2017), hence the outdated warning.
I actually happened to upgrade the game engine to the latest Unreal Engine 4.20.2 for the upcoming v1.10 ( ) so any warning messages for v1.10+ should be more up-to-date.

Big Zeta

Sep 3, 2018
Oh, good, just as I supposed, but still better be assured. :) Nice that you keep progressing steadily with it, I still not tried it but if the description holds, it has the full potential to be a great game.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
very interesting game, some better graphics and scenarios and tweaking of the real world maps and this will be top tier.

Also, do any of the mods add custom dialogue during sex or just all vanilla?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
From what I can gather it doenst have a major effect on the game as of right now
Yeah, not much effect on gameplay. Just a few party/nightclub scenes where intoxication can get you laid more easily and vice versa.

very interesting game, some better graphics and scenarios and tweaking of the real world maps and this will be top tier.

Also, do any of the mods add custom dialogue during sex or just all vanilla?
Thank you. I realize graphics is the game's major weakness but as a coder by trade and not a 3d artist, this is by and large the best I could come up with alone working part-time on the game. Improving the game's graphics would involve hiring a pro 3d modeler (which I don't have the budget for right now, but hopefully one day with the income from Patreon), or waiting for the original authors of the character models (Manuel Bastioni) to release a new, better version (which has no ETA right now).
I think DoctaSax the moderator over at LoversLab mentioned making a mod to add more dialogues and descriptions during sex. He hasn't released it yet though.
Adding new sex dialogues is quite easy though. Just check this out along with other docs in the Modding folder

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

I have started a Discord server for the game. Anyone can join .
All Patreon donors will be rewarded with the 'Supporter' role and a private channel on the server.

This Discord will hopefully provide an alternative way for people to discuss the game, ask for support and make requests.

On another note, LifePlay v1.10 is coming along nicely and should be released tomorrow Saturday.

Reactions: AnonF21
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes