meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Yeah, not much effect on gameplay. Just a few party/nightclub scenes where intoxication can get you laid more easily and vice versa.

Thank you. I realize graphics is the game's major weakness but as a coder by trade and not a 3d artist, this is by and large the best I could come up with alone working part-time on the game. Improving the game's graphics would involve hiring a pro 3d modeler (which I don't have the budget for right now, but hopefully one day with the income from Patreon), or waiting for the original authors of the character models (Manuel Bastioni) to release a new, better version (which has no ETA right now).
I think DoctaSax the moderator over at LoversLab mentioned making a mod to add more dialogues and descriptions during sex. He hasn't released it yet though.
Adding new sex dialogues is quite easy though. Just check this out along with other docs in the Modding folder
Did you make the mods yourself? If so how can you change sex dialogue based on relationship with the NPC?
Like relative, or a person who is in a relationship? Or a coworker? Some kind of flag like that so you can write dialogue for say "sister sex dialogue" "person who is married dialogue"

So example, you initiate sex with someone who is tagged as married, they use a separate sex talk file saying shit like "so much bigger than my husbands" yadyada

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Did you make the mods yourself? If so how can you change sex dialogue based on relationship with the NPC?
Like relative, or a person who is in a relationship? Or a coworker? Some kind of flag like that so you can write dialogue for say "sister sex dialogue" "person who is married dialogue"

So example, you initiate sex with someone who is tagged as married, they use a separate sex talk file saying shit like "so much bigger than my husbands" yadyada
It will be something like

##
Tag(Penetration) && A2.hasRelationship(Spouses)
Take this, baby
You're so much bigger than my husband!
##

##
Tag(Penetration) && A2.isColleague()
Take this, baby
We should do this at work!
##

All the bool functions can be found here:

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I've really been trying to get into this game but I just can't. The tutorial doesn't nearly cover enough things that need to happen, and it also doesn't really even tell you how you skip to the next tutorial screen, because if you click on it you'll probably just hit the map or the action menu.

And then night hits and I desperately start looking if I already have a house or if I need to buy one but finding it out just impossible. I guess that's a nice reflection of real life, but it doesn't really make for a good game. I can appreciate the openness of the gameplay, but I would like there to be a little more structure to things so I know what's good to do. A lot of bars are closed, I don't know why. People daydrink and nightdrink, yet half of the times these places are closed. Maybe a map filter option to only show icons that are open would be nice.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I've really been trying to get into this game but I just can't. The tutorial doesn't nearly cover enough things that need to happen, and it also doesn't really even tell you how you skip to the next tutorial screen, because if you click on it you'll probably just hit the map or the action menu.

And then night hits and I desperately start looking if I already have a house or if I need to buy one but finding it out just impossible. I guess that's a nice reflection of real life, but it doesn't really make for a good game. I can appreciate the openness of the gameplay, but I would like there to be a little more structure to things so I know what's good to do. A lot of bars are closed, I don't know why. People daydrink and nightdrink, yet half of the times these places are closed. Maybe a map filter option to only show icons that are open would be nice.
First you do.... Find a place to call home. 2nd thing you do, find a job..... then... do stuff and random things happen? :p

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

Download (64-bit):
- [/URL]

Download (32-bit):
- [/URL]

Download (Linux):
- [/URL]

Hotfix for v1.10:
(The six links above already have this hotfix applied, the links below are only for people that downloaded v1.10 on release date Sat 8 Sep. It fixes the bug where undressing one apparel at a time freezes the sex animation)
- - [/URL]​

Optional Map Downloads:

Due to the engine upgrade in v1.10, please redownload your maps if you downloaded maps for v1.9 or earlier.​

Change Log:
- 1.10.1 Hotfix: fixes the bug where undressing one apparel at a time freezes the sex animation
- Upgrade the game engine to Unreal Engine 4.20.2, resulting in many performance and stability improvements. Warning: Because of this, you'll need to redownload any additional maps that you use from . Old saves work fine though.
- Expand the system for jobs in the game to allow for more variety and complexity
- Add the 'University Student' and 'University Lecturer' career paths, along with two new building types: universities and fraternities/sororities
- Start supporting Linux
- Add gender and sexual orientation to the 'NPC Distribution Customization' menu
- Your children can now be named and will grow up (with a Esc > Settings option to speed this up) and become a full NPC once they reach 18
- Vertical camera movement and Freeze button for the character customization menu
- Ensure the action menu doesn't clash with other UI elements
- Completed a few priority requests from my Patreon donors
- Bug fixes and minor improvements

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Will your character/avatar whatever, age as the child does? A 20 something character, with a 18 yr old child... seems... odd :p

Is age just a number, or is there changes to the character as it grow older? Wrinkles, gravity take its toll, things start to sag etc :p

Reactions: AnonF21

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Will your character/avatar whatever, age as the child does? A 20 something character, with a 18 yr old child... seems... odd :p

Is age just a number, or is there changes to the character as it grow older? Wrinkles, gravity take its toll, things start to sag etc :p
Your character age does increase gradually in according to the date in the game, so if you keep 'Child Growth Speed' at 1. You will grow old with your child.
However, 'Child Growth Speed' only affects the children so if you increase it, your child's growth will outpace yours
No appearance change with age yet (only for NPCs, wrinkles and hair color are calculated the first time they were generated) although I probably should add it, since I already added appearance change with fitness.

croatia69

Oct 31, 2017
Is there a possibility to download only upgrade for 1.10 or we need to download whole game again?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Is there a possibility to download only upgrade for 1.10 or we need to download whole game again?
As I upgraded the game engine in v1.10 (pretty much a one-off, won't need to do it again anytime soon), there are no 'Update Only' downloads for this version. These 'Update Only' downloads will return for v1.11 and continue from there.
Sorry for the inconvenience :)

Reactions: croatia69

NononJ

Oct 16, 2017
Plugin 'AppleARKit' failed to load because module 'AppleARKit' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
1)I think I found a bug on the new version.
Whenever I change NPC's cloth during H-scenes,the screen freezes.
2)How can I apply for any school job?
Great work so far @

Hoostevall

Aug 15, 2017
@Vinfamy It's great to see the game reaching a bigger audience with the new Linux update. Now I'm curious to see if there are any plans to bring the game to the unfortunate Mac users like myself XD I do own a PC, but it's a shitty laptop that doesn't let me get further than the quick start without crashing...will download the new build to check but still prefer to use my Mac...

nvm

Dec 25, 2017
Plugin 'AppleARKit' failed to load because module 'AppleARKit' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.
I got that error too, I fixed it by uninstalling Lifeplay (saved my saves and custom characters first) then only installing V1.10

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016

Download (64-bit):
-

Download (32-bit):
-

Download (Linux):
-

Optional Map Downloads:

Due to the engine upgrade in v1.10, please redownload your maps.​

Change Log:
- Upgrade the game engine to Unreal Engine 4.20.2, resulting in many performance and stability improvements. Warning: Because of this, you'll need to redownload any additional maps that you use from . Old saves work fine though.
- Expand the system for jobs in the game to allow for more variety and complexity
- Add the 'University Student' and 'University Lecturer' career paths, along with two new building types: universities and fraternities/sororities
- Start supporting Linux
- Add gender and sexual orientation to the 'NPC Distribution Customization' menu
- Your children can now be named and will grow up (with a Esc > Settings option to speed this up) and become a full NPC once they reach 18
- Vertical camera movement and Freeze button for the character customization menu
- Ensure the action menu doesn't clash with other UI elements
- Completed a few priority requests from my Patreon donors
- Bug fixes and minor improvements
Linux version works flawlessly mate

Reactions: Vinfamy

croatia69

Oct 31, 2017
1)I think I found a bug on the new version.
Whenever I change NPC's cloth during H-scenes,the screen freezes.
2)How can I apply for any school job?
Great work so far @
1)
Happens to me everytime too.
Me too, except when I choose "Take all my/'ActorName' clothes". It's inconvinience but just a minor. I love taking layers of clothing one by one during the scene, but I can live without it. Although no doubt dev will repair this ASAP.
Plus there is still that bug that when you take off all your clothes you are naked after the scene so you need to go change clothes.

2) You need to find a college/university and then you have option to apply.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes