Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
A little help needed here...
So, I tried to repack my Vampire scene mod so it actually behaves like one instead of just dumping the interactions and scenes in one of the existing folders (like vinNonConsensual). All fine and dandy, the mod list shows my mod, can be switched on and off, so far so good.
Unfortunately the interaction options do now no longer appear in the context menu, the way I intended them to, even though all other module requirements are met (vinBDSM is on, etc)...
I'll attach the mod anyway, if someone could take a look and point out my error to me so I can royally facepalm and fix it, that would be appreciated.
Try changing the folder name to A_Vampires_Unlife and inside the lpmod change the module name to A_Vampires_Unlife.
And use the up/down arrow buttons you see in the game Mod Menu to load below Vin_NonConsensual.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Grifter

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Uploaded the mod to my original release post, which can be found here, for those interested.

Anyone so inclined, feel free to use and/or rewrite as you wish, I do NOT claim in any way ownership, copyright, fathership or anything else about this.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

chwX

Aug 23, 2017
Is it possible to generate an NPC from a preset with the textures applied?

I've created a little mod with a scene that requires loading my custom characters, all the stats load correctly, including the texture path (SKIN Face_Texture), but they appear without it. What I am doing wrong?

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Is it possible to generate an NPC from a preset with the textures applied?

I've created a little mod with a scene that requires loading my custom characters, all the stats load correctly, including the texture path (SKIN Face_Texture), but they appear without it. What I am doing wrong?
I tried something similar - hm, how about the following:

Export a character with the textures you want, in this example we call the exported character Template.lpcharacter .
Use something like notepad++ and open Template.lpcharacter. Remove all parameters for textures you do not wish to be applied.

In the lpscene, use

Actor.blendPreset(Template)

The game will then overwrite the parameters of Actor with the ones from Template.

Actor can be Player, Actor, Actor1, ands so on.
File type is not needed, so leave out .lpcharacter

chwX

Aug 23, 2017
Thanks! It turns out, I had a typo when I moved the files from vin_Base to my own Module :FacePalm:

Now I realized the issue is that the stats are not properly set, I thought they were but it was because I heavily modified the stats files to match my preferences. Not a problem as I tweak the characters as I generate them for use, but it would be nice to have that function.

Code:
Actor = generatePerson(PresetName)
That does the trick. We really need better documentation.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Grifter

Vamos69

Apr 6, 2022
I talked to RaddecK! Nice guy though!

I'm not here to protect him but I think you're mixing things up my friends...
All he wanted was to not have dozens/hundreds of similar mods. He's not wrong about that! There are a lot of similar mods!

I asked him for some mods and he gave them to me, without paying. He told me that I could use these mods to make new ones or redistribute them because he doesn't see the point of continuing.

But out of the blue, he just wanted everyone else to send their work to him so he could do things better, as if he was the sole owner,...
His Remake, if I understand correctly, he wanted people to join his project and not to steal mods from others? He made it pay because people were copying his scenes. Is it his right?

Anyway, I think we have a different view...!

This is the reason I put the unlicense on my stuff: I look forward to seeing what you've done!
I think I'll pass! :oops:

The Grifter

May 28, 2017

All he wanted was to not have dozens/hundreds of similar mods. He's not wrong about that! There are a lot of similar mods!

I asked him for some mods and he gave them to me, without paying. He told me that I could use these mods to make new ones or redistribute them because he doesn't see the point of continuing.

His Remake, if I understand correctly, he wanted people to join his project and not to steal mods from others? He made it pay because people were copying his scenes. Is it his right?

Welcome back Raddeck, I feared you left for good. :sneaky::cool:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Technically it's not his right. While he does own the labour required to make his mods he can't own his mods themselves because they're based off of intellectual property that he doesn't own.
Having said that I do appreciate what he's done for this community previously and I'm glad to hear that he's adopted a much more reasonable view on this topic. I'll be more than glad to not say anything bad about him, his work or his previous conduct if that's the case.

Coomer341

Apr 20, 2020

Technically it's not his right. While he does own the labour required to make his mods he can't own his mods themselves because they're based off of intellectual property that he doesn't own.
Having said that I do appreciate what he's done for this community previously and I'm glad to hear that he's adopted a much more reasonable view on this topic. I'll be more than glad to not say anything bad about him, his work or his previous conduct if that's the case.

Raddeck freaked out over a non-issue and removed his mod as many other people in thread already pointed out. I understand the reasons but it's not a reason to warrant that kind of a reaction.

stauffi

Jul 23, 2017
Another small newbie question:
Can i just delete some Scenes i don't like cause they are either bugged or trigger every few hours?
Or could this lead to bugs if some action tries to trigger a scene i deleted?

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody said otherwise!

I'm not sure if you're a friend of him and yo're seeing things only from his side, or if you don't understand english very well (no offense intended, I do often fail to understand since english is not my first language), or if you're Raddeck just testing the waters, or whatever.

Again:
Nobody
bashed him.
Nobody insulted him.
Nobody asked him to leave.
Nobody has a problem with him "returning" if he wants.

Everyone understood what he wanted to do with mods.
Everyone tried to explain he doesn't owns anything if it's related to the game.
Everyone appreciated his mods, as we all look forward to new content.
Everyone just wants the game to have more and better content, since this is a community, and the game is free and open source precisely for that.

If he got offended, it's okay.
We're a bunch of people from all around the world, and cultural differences and language differ a lot.
He's French, so maybe all this was offensive to him, but it wasn't for others, just as his attitude might have been offensive to others and not him.

He got a hissy fit. That's not bashing or insulting, since we all get like that from time to time.
There's really no point in stay stirring the pot on an issue that, honestly, was a silly situation.
He can return, he can stay away or whatever.
The game is open-source, we all contribute as we can, and that's it. Whoever doesn't wants to be in, it's fine!

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Another small newbie question:
Can i just delete some Scenes i don't like cause they are either bugged or trigger every few hours?
Or could this lead to bugs if some action tries to trigger a scene i deleted?
I didn't had issues deleting what I don't like.
If a scene is not available (because you deleted it), it simply won't trigger, nothing breaks.

On the other hand, you can edit the timers (usually at the bottom of the scene file) and increase them massively.
For example, if it reads
timeout (100)
you can increase it to 1000 or 10000, which will extend the time it triggers.

Or, at the top, it read "what" and "where" .
They describe the triggers, like "sleep" or "work".
You can add "-all", and it means that whenever you're doing something anywere, the scene won't trigger :p

Reactions: stauffi and chwX

chwX

Aug 23, 2017
Still learning, please be patient with my noob questions.

All good so far, but I wanted my slaves to either shave or grow a bush. I tried with both setMorphValue and modifyActorVar with the variable BHairThickness from 0 to 1 to no avail. Any ideas if this is even possible?

I tried dismissing the characters and then invite them again to see if the change reflects on the next scene load, but that didn't work either.

Edit: I also tried directly as Actor:BHairThickness = 0. Doesn't work either.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016

All good so far, but I wanted my slaves to either shave or grow a bush. I tried with both setMorphValue and modifyActorVar with the variable BHairThickness from 0 to 1 to no avail. Any ideas if this is even possible?

I tried dismissing the characters and then invite them again to see if the change reflects on the next scene load, but that didn't work either.

From what I can tell, setMorphValue() only works on fields that are specifically labeled as morphs in character files, and body hair falls under the skin category. You can try using presets instead for this. Could make a different preset for each stage of growth and then apply it with blendPreset(). I haven't actually tried this so it may or may not work

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017

Remember to have in mind the hair style.
You can set the thickness to 100%, but it won't show unless you had the bushy "style"
Thickness only increases the opacity of the current style.

If you can make it work, you could aslo do it with tan lines, which work the same.

SluttyYasmine

May 27, 2021
it's mentioned in Game control that
#:
- Open a input textbox that allows you to enter the ID of a scene to force-test it without meeting all the conditions
but I tried no reponse
any help??

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
it's mentioned in Game control that
#:
- Open a input textbox that allows you to enter the ID of a scene to force-test it without meeting all the conditions
but I tried no reponse
any help??
The textbox doesn't open or the scene doesn't start? In my game the textbox opens with the ~ key

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes