Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
The Browse Rape Website that might be the one you saw the actors are all messed up in that one.
Nah, I didn't looked at those.
With "my typo" I meant that it was my mistake after editing.
Basically, I went thru most files editing the order of sex actors to better match the situations or what I want specifically.
But sometimes I change "player" for "actor2", and if there are several, I forget to add the player.
After a while, I don't make simple mistakes like that, but some files (edited time ago) have typos in that style :p

I also think that some of the newer scenes are being written by the people that commissioned them I noticed that on the Discord.
To make things worse some of them don't know how to write trigger conditions which can make the scenes trigger way to often or not at all.
Uh... but if they're writting the scenes, why comission them?
The opening text is indeed what people comissioned as idea, but the rest is probably Vin.
There's a lot of copypasting text, so that's when missing triggers happen me thinks.
(I also suspect that some comissioned scenes, which are exceedingly simple, are just placeholders.
Like, X guy comissions the scene without much details, just so he can edit the text later. Basically, he just needs the code and trigger options.)

Reactions: Coomer341

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I also think that some of the newer scenes are being written by the people that commissioned them I noticed that on the Discord.
To make things worse some of them don't know how to write trigger conditions which can make the scenes trigger way to often or not at all.
I've never been on the Discord, but I assumed the way the commissions worked is that whoever commissioned the scene gave the general idea they wanted, and then Vin wrote the scene. Unless people are specifically telling him that they want the scene to trigger as often as possible, I think what's happening based on the bugs I find in a lot of them is that they're just being rushed, with the bare minimum being done in the implementation of them

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
Nah, I didn't looked at those.
With "my typo" I meant that it was my mistake after editing.
Basically, I went thru most files editing the order of sex actors to better match the situations or what I want specifically.
But sometimes I change "player" for "actor2", and if there are several, I forget to add the player.
After a while, I don't make simple mistakes like that, but some files (edited time ago) have typos in that style :p

Uh... but if they're writting the scenes, why comission them?
The opening text is indeed what people comissioned as idea, but the rest is probably Vin.
There's a lot of copypasting text, so that's when missing triggers happen me thinks.
(I also suspect that some comissioned scenes, which are exceedingly simple, are just placeholders.
Like, X guy comissions the scene without much details, just so he can edit the text later. Basically, he just needs the code and trigger options.)
I've never been on the Discord, but I assumed the way the commissions worked is that whoever commissioned the scene gave the general idea they wanted, and then Vin wrote the scene. Unless people are specifically telling him that they want the scene to trigger as often as possible, I think what's happening based on the bugs I find in a lot of them is that they're just being rushed, with the bare minimum being done in the implementation of them
Commissioned was the wrong word more like requesting the scenes they made be added so they can remain anonymous. Cause as I've said I've seen this on the Discord someone working on scenes and the scene their working on ends up in the game. Some are pretty obvious when they literally mention the name of scene.

And considering the mistakes I've seen if that is Vin then he needs to pay more attention and do scenes when he's fully rested. I know Vin has made some mistakes but the ones I'm seeing are simply amateurish and I have a hard time believing he would make mistakes like that.
Missing checks and missing the proper code for when a scene is supposed to have an alternate ending, not taking into account that when calling couples that the game due to their masochist stat the GF/wife is dominate and the BF/husband is submissive and making the proper adjusts to the scene by using a gender check so it's not the BF/husband trying to give your straight male char a footjob when it's meant for the GF/wife to do it. And a bunch of other things I doubt Vin would make.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Commissioned was the wrong word more like requesting the scenes they made be added so they can remain anonymous. Cause as I've said I've seen this on the Discord someone working on scenes and the scene their working on ends up in the game. Some are pretty obvious when they literally mention the name of scene.

And considering the mistakes I've seen if that is Vin then he needs to pay more attention and do scenes when he's fully rested. I know Vin has made some mistakes but the ones I'm seeing are simply amateurish and I have a hard time believing he would make mistakes like that.
Missing checks and missing the proper code for when a scene is supposed to have an alternate ending, not taking into account that when calling couples that the game due to their masochist stat the GF/wife is dominate and the BF/husband is submissive and making the proper adjusts to the scene by using a gender check so it's not the BF/husband trying to give your straight male char a footjob when it's meant for the GF/wife to do it. And a bunch of other things I doubt Vin would make.
Whether it's Vin actually writing them or somebody else is providing the code, the fact that the scenes are ending up included with the game in such a state is giving a bad impression. There needs to be some quality control.

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
Whether it's Vin actually writing them or somebody else is providing the code, the fact that the scenes are ending up included with the game in such a state is giving a bad impression. There needs to be some quality control.
I totally agree one scene double_date_cms I had to throw out cause I couldn't figure out how to put in the gender check to make sure it's the right gender interacting with my char as I'm not that good with the code and can only do simple fixes.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I totally agree one scene double_date_cms I had to throw out cause I couldn't figure out how to put in the gender check to make sure it's the right gender interacting with my char as I'm not that good with the code and can only do simple fixes.
Yeah that scene has a bunch of issues. There's several lines where closing quotes are missing, there's a missing dress() call, and the wrong actor variable is used for some of the string interpolation. I've made edits to 8 different lines for the bugs that I've found so far, but I haven't thoroughly tested that scene so there could be more.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, gotcha now!

missing checks and missing the proper code for when a scene is supposed to have an alternate ending, not taking into account that when calling couples that the game due to their masochist stat the GF/wife is dominate and the BF/husband is submissive and making the proper adjusts to the scene by using a gender check so it's not the BF/husband trying to give your straight male char a footjob when it's meant for the GF/wife to do it. And a bunch of other things I doubt Vin would make.
Honestly, I don't bother anymore with checks for dominance scenes.
I just edit the order of the actors when the sex scene starts to assign giver/receiver.

Hum, if that's the scene when your SO invites you on a double date (and there are options they could cheat)... jeez, that scene is a total mess.
The SO might appear naked, my PC can appear on a different plane (outside the building, or floating in space), the scene starts right with the option of going or not, there's no opening dialog (so out of the blue, I'm faced with the option) and sometimes picking one of the choices triggers the other instead.
I dunno wtf is happening with that scene!

Coomer341

Apr 20, 2020
I'm sure if someone asked him personally Raddeck would give you his mods.
Raddeck got mad someone using his mods and paywalled his content, he probably go underground if he found out someone used his mod for free.

Regarding the 5.0 Beta 1:
Clipping does seem reduced signifficantly on MF animations, as intended. I take it that threesome animations are not yet part of the update, since they are not MF but MFF/MMF/MMM/FFF?
What caught my eye about the new system is that the animation where a dick enters the opening seems off - might just be me, but I think the clipping there actually got worse... in one instance the male char's balls clipped into his partner's body.
But all in all a good step into the right direction!
Lifeplay needs a major rewrite, is plagued with UI and software complaints.

Reactions: centavo

dividesense

Nov 2, 2021
Raddeck accused someone of using his work in another mod without credit. It isn't a bold accusation based off the license for the game, and it was probably wrong. I didn't look into it.

I don't think he cares about people using his mods or editing them. They were previously on git.

• Thinking Face

almostideal

May 12, 2020
Ngl, I've had a lot of issues with a lot of the newer scenes. The double date turns into complete word salad if you pick the invite home option. There's also all the dare scenes which have a serious "English is not my first language" feel to them.
[rant]
However, the triggers are driving me insane, I've had to go in and set up several scenes to never trigger just because they were too consistant. Getting searched by a female cop every day, racist couples twice daily and getting kidnapped by a BDSM fanatic just beacuse it's Sunday (don't get me started on that scene which is a weekly submission generator).

The NTR scenes seem to happen every single time I go on a date and because I went poly to have multiple wives and I get cucked on every date date despite having 100 dom (-100 masochist) and the physical attributes of Kratos.
[/rant]

I do love the game but the scenes in it have become a mess. I'd welcome a return to a lot more triggers and maybe a bit more randomness as well.

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Ngl, I've had a lot of issues with a lot of the newer scenes. The double date turns into complete word salad if you pick the invite home option. There's also all the dare scenes which have a serious "English is not my first language" feel to them.
[rant]
However, the triggers are driving me insane, I've had to go in and set up several scenes to never trigger just because they were too consistant. Getting searched by a female cop every day, racist couples twice daily and getting kidnapped by a BDSM fanatic just beacuse it's Sunday (don't get me started on that scene which is a weekly submission generator).

The NTR scenes seem to happen every single time I go on a date and because I went poly to have multiple wives and I get cucked on every date date despite having 100 dom (-100 masochist) and the physical attributes of Kratos.
[/rant]

I do love the game but the scenes in it have become a mess. I'd welcome a return to a lot more triggers and maybe a bit more randomness as well.
Rather than actually have all the stuff work together and flow. The content is based on a Patreon vote, so unless All the patreon decide lets get this shit working together, it isn't going to happen. Pretty good game. I like it, no paywalls. I will admit there is so much triggers happening you can't get just about anything without 50 of one time in a row

Coomer341

Apr 20, 2020
Vinfamy needs it better than paywalls and mods, suggestions to content happen once every blue moon. Modders only get what Vinfamy allows them to

almostideal

May 12, 2020
Rather than actually have all the stuff work together and flow. The content is based on a Patreon vote, so unless All the patreon decide lets get this shit working together, it isn't going to happen. Pretty good game. I like it, no paywalls. I will admit there is so much triggers happening you can't get just about anything without 50 of one time in a row
Probably will never happen, tbh, I'd rather the vote happen less often so that what's implemented gets implemented properly and maybe use the time in between to implement some minor stuff that doesn't happen much.

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
Honestly, I don't bother anymore with checks for dominance scenes.
I just edit the order of the actors when the sex scene starts to assign giver/receiver.
Hum, if that's the scene when your SO invites you on a double date (and there are options they could cheat)... jeez, that scene is a total mess.
Actually you need those checks the double date scene is a good example of what happens when the checks are missing. As just editing to change the actors around won't work for every couple.
And the double date was the one I was specifically referring to when I mentioned the lack of gender checks.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
The Browse Rape Website that might be the one you saw the actors are all messed up in that one.
Yup, that is another one.

If there are two rapist, the first one breaks, then the second scene both are there (usually)

I'm debating sitting down and going through scenes to fix them but eehhhh.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
A question...

I've spent a lot of time working on NPCs based on actual celebrities. I rather enjoy it, actually. It's fun when they turn out well.
Am I allowed to post them here? Am I allowed to even mention which celebrities I've created?

chwX

Aug 23, 2017
A question...

I've spent a lot of time working on NPCs based on actual celebrities. I rather enjoy it, actually. It's fun when they turn out well.
Am I allowed to post them here? Am I allowed to even mention which celebrities I've created?
The people from Virt-a-mate usually scramble the name, use well known references, or the name of a character the actor/actress has portrayed. If you say "wonder woman" we all know who you mean. You could do the same.

Reactions: feelotraveller

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Actually you need those checks the double date scene is a good example of what happens when the checks are missing. As just editing to change the actors around won't work for every couple.
And the double date was the one I was specifically referring to when I mentioned the lack of gender checks.
I understand what you mean, but I don't know the specifics.

With zero coding skills, what I do is just edit dialogs and change actors around to better fit the scenes if the don't work well. I can do minor code editing, but is just logic of looking at other files and compare.
Gender checks is something I don't have a clue what it really means -code meaning- :p

Jul 28, 2019
A question...

Yes please. :D

(As mentioned above, plausible deniability could be useful.)

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
A little help needed here...
So, I tried to repack my Vampire scene mod so it actually behaves like one instead of just dumping the interactions and scenes in one of the existing folders (like vinNonConsensual). All fine and dandy, the mod list shows my mod, can be switched on and off, so far so good.
Unfortunately the interaction options do now no longer appear in the context menu, the way I intended them to, even though all other module requirements are met (vinBDSM is on, etc)...
I'll attach the mod anyway, if someone could take a look and point out my error to me so I can royally facepalm and fix it, that would be appreciated.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes