larsV

Jan 13, 2018
At a quick glance it looks like that info is just a copy of the modding docs that come with the game under /Docs/Modding
yes but any other place i don`t know where to find guidance on how to make a scene,i just started my self with some easy modding like adding a few actions i was missing in a pub like playing darts or table football and changing some actions like working from home really at home,not first go to work,same goes for calling in sick (the scene`s coming with them still works)

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
yes but any other place i don`t know where to find guidance on how to make a scene,i just started my self with some easy modding like adding a few actions i was missing in a pub like playing darts or table football and changing some actions like working from home really at home,not first go to work,same goes for calling in sick (the scene`s coming with them still works)
The way I learned was by looking at existing scenes to try change something I didn't like about them, or to try and fix some issue I noticed, all the while using the API docs as a reference so I could see what all the different functions were actually supposed to be doing. I already knew how to program though, so it wasn't hard to figure out the syntax. I'd imagine it's more difficult if you don't already have some programming experience.

Reactions: Villenia

MMMTastyCrumpet

Mar 14, 2022
Everytime I play this (to see if it's gotten better) I find out it's still absolutely terrible to play. Why this has 622 pages of discussion is beyond me. Playing this feels like pulling teeth.

NickkiS

Aug 21, 2018
Everytime I play this (to see if it's gotten better) I find out it's still absolutely terrible to play. Why this has 622 pages of discussion is beyond me. Playing this feels like pulling teeth.
This game has lots of problems, most of which are well documented. But beyond that is a game which offers things that most others don't. It's 100% free, open source, easily (relatively speaking) modable and features a host of fetishes. It also gets very regular updates and, as the 622 pages you allude to demonstrate, has a strong following.

All of that being said, no one is forcing you to play. So if the experience of playing this game is like pulling teeth for you - and assuming that having your teeth pulled is something you don't enjoy - then my advice would be to not play it anymore.

Reactions: KapralPrius

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
TBF the game's loading screen does say that LifePlay will always be free, open source and moddable, and the main menu does say free, open source and moddable life simulator.
Kinda the devs fault for everyone thinking it is when the dev is literally still presenting it as such.
I never noticed that it still says that in the game. It used to say that in the OP as well but that was removed at some point.

Seckie

Jun 12, 2019
Does it not use the vin_Base/Presets .lpcharacter files to generate npcs anymore? I've tried changing the default files (athletic_f.lpcharacter etc...) and it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Does it not use the vin_Base/Presets .lpcharacter files to generate npcs anymore? I've tried changing the default files (athletic_f.lpcharacter etc...) and it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.
Only when a scene does, New_Person.BlendPreset(athletic_F) or New_Person.LoadPreset(athletic_F). Other wise it has no use.

I use it a lot for my scenes.

Also note that if other mods also have .lpcharacter Presets with the same name they will overwrite each other.

Jan 1, 2022
I need some helps,for I just can't get laid with ALL the NPCs I have created.
Usually when I click the screen to the last dialogue before sex,this game reports the error and I got sent back to the Windows.
Could you guys point out what was my fault and tell me how to deal with it?
Sorry for my poor English grammar and vocabulary and a lack of manners,I'm afraid of not conveying my meaning clearly.

fooob

Jan 4, 2018
Have in-game days passed? I don't know how the transformation system specifically is supposed to work, but the pregnancy system does its updates every night at midnight, so it wouldn't surprise me if the transformation system did likewise.
Ah, didn't realize it updates at midnight. Does it show in the character editor?

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v5-3-vinfamy.11321/post-4138623

The grim reaper has come to lifeplay. Not physically/virtually?

NPC_Death {Npcs will randomly die based on 'old age' (age > 79), 'old age & fitness' (age > 59 & low fitness), and random chance(age > 19).} [found in *\Ravenger_Scenes\vin_Base\Scenes\misc]

Death {You can now continue game as one of your children.} [note: You can't choose a child that is in any relationships because it bugs out] [note: Ex-relative child does not count.]

Last edited:
Reactions: R0y

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
Is it possible to set the camera like sims ctrl 5 to ctrl 9 or is it just possible to stop it jumping around when you change rooms?

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well, I have a few questions about the game..

So, I tried to play the game, and despite the fact that it seems that many people like it, that the gameplay is supposed to represent a bit of a kind of sims (if you want) I can't understand, whether it's how to play, the fact that there are a lot of very weird bugs (for example scenes where you're buried in the ground, or in an office with someone) that certain places are only empty streets, and that the graphics seem to me to have some serious problems...

Could you explain to me exactly if I am doing something wrong? Maybe help me understand how it works? Because the tutorial also leaves a lot to be disapointing..

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well, I have a few questions about the game..

So, I tried to play the game, and despite the fact that it seems that many people like it, that the gameplay is supposed to represent a bit of a kind of sims (if you want) I can't understand, whether it's how to play, the fact that there are a lot of very weird bugs (for example scenes where you're buried in the ground, or in an office with someone) that certain places are only empty streets, and that the graphics seem to me to have some serious problems...

Could you explain to me exactly if I am doing something wrong? Maybe help me understand how it works? Because the tutorial also leaves a lot to be disapointing..
I use to play a modded Sims 3 but load-times/restarts were bad & Sims 4 just sucks. Some time I just wanted to just jump into the game and start playing. As I learned to mod this game and play my created scenes I started enjoying it more.
Now that does not mean only modders can enjoy this games.
But Mods do help. {Except Better_Pregnancy that just makes the game worse.}

As for the bugs... yes there is a number.
But if you at least update the rooms it helps with people appearing unground or in furniture, and fill out a room better.

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
I use to play a modded Sims 3 but load times were bad & Sims 4 just sucks. Some time I just wanted to just jump into the game and start playing. As I learned to mod this game and play my created scenes I started enjoying it more.
Now that does not mean only modders can enjoy this games.
But Mods do help. {Except Better_Pregnancy that just makes the game worse.}

As for the bugs... yes there is a number.
But if you at least update the rooms it helps with people appearing unground or in furniture, and fill out a room better.
Yeah, I know that sims 4 sucks... And that's fucking sad, the 3 is much better

But, i'm not a modder, and I see some mod on this game, did you know what is can be interesting ? Or if there are others on other sites?

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
54.jpg

Windows (64-bit):
- - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - -
Linux:
- - -

Update Only: (requires v5.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit):
- - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - -
Linux:
- - -

Change Log:
- This update is the first Kink of the Month update for July, focusing on Pregnancy. There's starting to be a few ideas about lactation or breastfeeding in the Discord brainstorm but since these require their own system, animations and effects to be implemented first - I avoid them for v5.4 for now but whenever Pregnancy wins next, I will specifically state that the update then will focus purely on lactation and breastfeeding which means there will be enough development hours to do the system, animations and effects.
- When hanging out with a male friend, they may tell you that he and his SO has been trying in vain for a child, so he asks for your SO as a surrogate mother. You can demand a wife swap to be 'fair', and it may turn out that it's the male friend who's infertile not his SO.
- When hanging out with a female friend, she may ask you to be the surrogate mother and get impregnated by her SO instead. Your own SO can demand a wife swap to be 'fair', and it may turn out that it's your friend's SO who's infertile, not herself.
- At a random time during her pregnancy, your pregnant SO can't handle the guilt and confess that the baby isn't yours. You can simply forgive, dump her, pressure her into an abortion or demand that she helps you make it even by helping you impregnate her baby daddy's current SO instead.
- At a random time during a neutral NPC's pregnancy, your SO admits that the baby is his. You can simply forgive, dump him or demand tha he helps you make it even by helping you get impregnated by the baby mama's current SO instead.
- If you're a por nstar, you may sometimes get a niche shoot where your screen partner is pregnant.
- If you made some victim pregnant in a 'rap... music' scene. Later on, she desperately want to see you again, and instead of accusing you, she actually comes back for more and begs you to be in a relationship with her for the child's sake. If this victim happens to be South Asian or Middle Eastern, they will mention parental pressure.
- If you suggest to your SO to start trying for a child and fail, a few days later, you may get approached by your SO's brother or sister who has found out about your desire for a child and offers an alternative.
- If a female player is hanging out with a female friend or relative, this companion admits to you they just found out they got impregnated by a guy who's now refusing to take reponsibility. You can convince her to get an abortion or offer to go talk to the guy yourself. You may then either succeed in pressuring the guy into dating your friend/ relative ... or end up seduced by his charm and get impregnated yourself ...
- Increase the frequency of NPCs just naturally getting pregnant during your gameplay with their SO or random hookup (i.e. no player involvement)
- If your SO gives birth to a child clearly of a different race than you, this makes it obvious that she cheated.
- When donating sperm having successfully impregnated a 'strange woman' who preferred the traditional method in the past, she may approach you again and tell you about a secret group of baby-crazy women just like her having a party tonight. They all heard about how 'effective' you were and invite you to the party where you can impregnate them all.
- Most of Patrons' commissions for June commissions. I've done all the scenes, only a few animations and one special (traditional attire) request are left and will be done next update. I really wanted to finish 100% the June commissions this update but at the same time, I didn't want to delay v5.4 any further (already 3 days late).

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Yeah, I know that sims 4 sucks... And that's fucking sad, the 3 is much better

But, i'm not a modder, and I see some mod on this game, did you know what is can be interesting ? Or if there are others on other sites?
Most of them are here on f95zone. And some appear in discord.
My mod has the a lot to it.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes