wapitawg

Aug 16, 2017
I don't get it. I tried to pick up a girl in a Starbucks and during our chatting a lot of events happend – some elvish girl wanted to breed with me, my sister got into hospital and I needed to fuck another elf to obtain a potion to heal her, some latin girl with fetish for white boys approached me and wanted to fuck me on a spot… all during my chatting with a waitress, so it seemed – she got teleported with me to every location I was during those events. Like, WTF?

I must be doing something wrong. LifePlay is so popular, yet I only find chaos, unreadable interface and buggy, un-appealing sex scenes. What do you guys do to enjoy it?

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I must be doing something wrong. LifePlay is so popular, yet I only find chaos, unreadable interface and buggy, un-appealing sex scenes. What do you guys do to enjoy it?
Because it's funny. The sex scenes aren't that bad, there's animation, there's sex sounds, and there's absolutely no required build up so it's the perfect game for a quick fap and a quick laugh. It doesn't look as good as most of the games on here but it's still pretty hot.
Just don't ever mistake the fact the we enjoy it with the idea that it's a good game. Not everything that glitters is gold, and one man's trash is another's treasure, the cheap feel of the game is half of its charm imo.

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Anyone know how to trigger the Tentacle Cult more ?
The trigger is.

Where: home
[intelligence - intoxication] < Random(0, 50) {AKA be drunk as a sailor in an ocean of beer or a baby rat brain} && perversion > 50 {be a pervert}

" timeout(1000, tentacles_cult) " change to " timeout(10, tentacles_cult) "

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
I don't get it. I tired to pick up a girl in a Starbucks and during our chatting a lot of events happend – some elvish girl wanted to breed with me, my sister got into hospital and I needed to fuck another elf to obtain a potion to heal her, some latin girl with fetish for white boys approached me and wanted to fuck me on a spot… all during my chatting with a waitress, so it seemed – she got teleported with me to every location I was during those events. Like, WTF?

edit your "scene frequency" in game setting. Lower mean less scenes per hour_or?_day

wapitawg

Aug 16, 2017
Damn, I was hoping for some miraculous mod or tips on how to set up the game to make it glorious. Turned out there's none and it's just supposed to be wacky. So I'm just more suprised by LifePlay's popularity. Nonetheless, thank for all your replies!

• Angry
Reactions: PhazeUFO

Midjj51

Feb 12, 2018
I think he lost the source code of his game, that's why the only thing he does is modding his game and not fixing anything.
I am starting to think you are right. It claims to be opensource but where is the 5.8 source?
The Github last commit is from 2 years ago (Aug 3, 2020) on version 3.6
There is a note there saying that the dev had a PC problem and could not set up Github correctly and a link to another version on Mega (3.19 on Jan 28, 2021)
And that Github it where the "source code" link on Lovelabs and Itch.io points to. And the one linked from here and the wiki
The wiki is very outdated most pages were not updated since 2019 and that includes the Changelog page that only goes up to version 2.11
The only non-2019 pages I could find on the wiki are about mods.
Is there a up to date source code link somewhere else that I am not seeing?

That is a real pity. With more people tinkering the source code this could be a really great game.

Vamos69

Apr 6, 2022
I am starting to think you are right. It claims to be opensource but where is the 5.8 source?
The Github last commit is from 2 years ago (Aug 3, 2020) on version 3.6
There is a note there saying that the dev had a PC problem and could not set up Github correctly and a link to another version on Mega (3.19 on Jan 28, 2021)
And that Github it where the "source code" link on Lovelabs and Itch.io points to. And the one linked from here and the wiki
The wiki is very outdated most pages were not updated since 2019 and that includes the Changelog page that only goes up to version 2.11
The only non-2019 pages I could find on the wiki are about mods.
Is there a up to date source code link somewhere else that I am not seeing?

That is a real pity. With more people tinkering the source code this could be a really great game.
Look on Raddeck's forum, lifeplay.site, it has all the documentation for modding and it offers tutorials.
This guy is more up to date than Vin.

Blue_Ant

Jul 23, 2021
Exeption is where the '.impregnate()' command used in scripts. This doesn't bother about the odds and impregnate the target character if the actual settings and rules allow.
I'm wondering about this...
In my game, leaving the () blank, heh... does not result a pregnancy
nor does using a female actor in the () .. which why the lesbian_sperm_donor.lpscene does not work...
at least in my game...
does it work for anyone else?

smmtt001

Mar 10, 2022
any mods to control 100% or 0% chance of pregnancy in all scene ?
i no like roll of the fertility >.<
sb_BetterPregnancy and vin_Pregnancy no have

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
I don't get it. I tried to pick up a girl in a Starbucks and during our chatting a lot of events happend – some elvish girl wanted to breed with me, my sister got into hospital and I needed to fuck another elf to obtain a potion to heal her, some latin girl with fetish for white boys approached me and wanted to fuck me on a spot… all during my chatting with a waitress, so it seemed – she got teleported with me to every location I was during those events. Like, WTF?

I gave up on it a while ago, dev turned it into a scene player and actual gameplay changes are very few.

You are playing the game exactly as it's intended (besides the scene frequency as Ravenger6660 pointed out).

Maybe one day it will be more than that but who knows.

It is good for a quick fap from time to time, but having to go in the code myself and work on scenes constantly made me hate it.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
I'm wondering about this...
In my game, leaving the () blank, heh... does not result a pregnancy
nor does using a female actor in the () .. which why the lesbian_sperm_donor.lpscene does not work...
at least in my game...
does it work for anyone else?
This command worked as intended until approx the 5.2 update. From there something changed in the codes behind (messing up some behavior in the background), so it's possibly not working in this way atm. Only if using the full format, like this: femaleActor1.impregnate(notfemaleActor2) . And the characters should permanent, else doesn't work correctly either.
So you can correcting your scene if you generate a random permanent impregnator before the command/event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue_Ant

sx421

Jun 21, 2022

Agreed. I was at the office, went to the water cooler, and struck up a conversation. Then I had to go to the library (because reasons), teleporting my coworker to the library too. At this point I had to attend an interview unrelated to my office job and the mishmash of characters glitched to another locale. Back to the office (none of these events having actually wrapped up) and then a sex scene with a friend out of context rolled into a request to plan a separate friend's bachlorette party. Jump again and half of the characters from all the previous scenes are at said bachlorette party / orgy, 5 scenes of broken dialog chains, and nothing makes sense.

The "game" aspect here (if you can call it that) is broken to the point of being fucking bonkers. A shame too, since the sex scene component, while janky, has a lot of effort and detail put into it.

wapitawg

Aug 16, 2017
Agreed. I was at the office, went to the water cooler, and struck up a conversation. Then I had to go to the library (because reasons), teleporting my coworker to the library too. At this point I had to attend an interview unrelated to my office job and the mishmash of characters glitched to another locale. Back to the office (none of these events having actually wrapped up) and then a sex scene with a friend out of context rolled into a request to plan a separate friend's bachlorette party. Jump again and half of the characters from all the previous scenes are at said bachlorette party / orgy, 5 scenes of broken dialog chains, and nothing makes sense.

The "game" aspect here (if you can call it that) is broken to the point of being fucking bonkers. A shame too, since the sex scene component, while janky, has a lot of effort and detail put into it.
Exaclty. Imagine how everything would change if one simple thing gets fixed:

NOT. TRIGGERING. EVENTS. DURING. AN. MC. ACTION.

That's just the tip of an iceberg, but seriously, it seems simple enough that you'd thought that the dev may fix it relatievly easily during the lenghty years of the game development, right? If he didn't then I suppose that's a… feature?

JakeGreen

Sep 17, 2017

That's just the tip of an iceberg, but seriously, it seems simple enough that you'd thought that the dev may fix it relatievly easily during the lenghty years of the game development, right? If he didn't then I suppose that's a… feature?
Not exactly. Your idea rules out all events. Meanwhile, they are still related to the meeting. for example, your ex, her / his ex. Someone is hitting on your date. He takes you to a sex shop or to a place with a public address.
Here you need a new script not related to the person you are currently dating.

wapitawg

Aug 16, 2017
Not exactly. Your idea rules out all events. Meanwhile, they are still related to the meeting. for example, your ex, her / his ex. Someone is hitting on your date. He takes you to a sex shop or to a place with a public address.
Here you need a new script not related to the person you are currently dating.
Not all. Sometimes you're in a „Waiting…” phase. Your character doesn't do something all the time. But yes, that'd be a neccessary step – to relate the events to the context of a given situation. Except, maybe, for the events which are happening via the mobile phone or smth.

Reactions: JakeGreen

JakeGreen

Sep 17, 2017
Not all. Sometimes you're in a „Waiting…” phase. Your character doesn't do something all the time. But yes, that'd be a neccessary step – to relate the events to the context of a given situation. Except, maybe, for the events which are happening via the mobile phone or smth.
Exactly, the problem is that vinfamy has been making only kinky for a very long time. Completely not focusing on the game itself and its immersion.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021

How else do you suppose events get triggered? Randomly during travel is all I could imagine. Of course if you have an issue with the events you can always just cancel the scenes.
There is never a waiting phase unless you just choose to skip time. At that point only make it so events happen while you record a video or take pictures. Events related to your location are a thing, although not all of them are. An example would be the outdoor location events, and the job related ones.
Exactly, the problem is that vinfamy has been making only kinky for a very long time. Completely not focusing on the game itself and its immersion.
I agree that we need less lewd and more game for a few updates. That and bug fixes would be a nice kink of the month.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes