MOISTNESS

Jun 13, 2018
My goodness, as a fan of sandbox games, if there was ever a way to improve the graphics of the models, I would be lost in this game, hands down. As it is when I start playing, only a crash or something makes me stop :) Really fun!

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
So I have to ask, how is virgin/virginity in this game currently being handled? And is it going to be more of a feature in the future?
I'm planning virginity content for v1.22. It's something that I've always wanted to add to the game, being from a very conservative / religious neighborhood myself growing up.

doom9898

May 16, 2018
So when I download this game and get into it Im pretty confused and have no Idea what to do, I feel like Im doing something wrong but I dont know.

alex7sea

Jan 21, 2018
So when I download this game and get into it Im pretty confused and have no Idea what to do, I feel like Im doing something wrong but I dont know.
Well, you are not alone.
I have download this game 5-6 time in different version and try to play it for 5-10 minutes than I quit. Reason is quite simple, No meaning. Its like The Sims, you can leave where ever you want, you can be who ever you want and that is what we tell to the kids, but we know that is not true, we need a meaning, a goal. And that is what this game do not have. So, I think if you like The Sims this can be for you. Vinfamy have put a lot of work and it is impossible to make every one happy, but for me, the game needs a Story Line so I can be interested and motivated to pass those 5-10 minutes.

Reactions: VNON

d1Polterghost

Jul 22, 2017
Well, you are not alone.
I have download this game 5-6 time in different version and try to play it for 5-10 minutes than I quit. Reason is quite simple, No meaning. Its like The Sims, you can leave where ever you want, you can be who ever you want and that is what we tell to the kids, but we know that is not true, we need a meaning, a goal. And that is what this game do not have. So, I think if you like The Sims this can be for you. Vinfamy have put a lot of work and it is impossible to make every one happy, but for me, the game needs a Story Line so I can be interested and motivated to pass those 5-10 minutes.
When you start you should find a job and buy a house. Then you just run around different places to boost your stats and fish for random events.

Sep 1, 2017
When you start you should find a job and buy a house. Then you just run around different places to boost your stats and fish for random events.
Edit: Replied to wrong person but is still within the thread I'm addressing, sorry Polterghost.

Maybe create a system of goals/objectives aimed towards certain aspects of the game. For example, maybe have different levels in occupations from entry level to CEO. Or if you own a business, have different levels of success from local business to internationally recognized. We could also implement a school system where the PC has to complete a certain amount requirements so they can graduate from school which can translate into better opportunities for the MC. Like establish thresholds for certain job types (like in reality), where you need a bachelors in so-n-so for a certain set of jobs or a masters in so-n-so for another set of jobs, or just to climb the ladder in ranks. Doesn't have to be about jobs or school either, hell you can even establish a similar set of goals for criminal players. This would help expand the income/job aspect of this game that just seems pretty random at this point for me. I'm sure this aspect is down at the lowest level of priorities for Vinfamy, which is fine as the game's whole point is to create relationships with people (and have sex). Though it definitely would help to flesh out this aspect of the game.

I would love to help in any way to get something going like this but I have no skills outside of brainstorming and writing for making video games. Though, this is open source so if I find free time outside of school and work to tinker around on a project like this and get to know how programming works, I definitely would give it a shot.

Sep 1, 2017
Gotta a question (or possible suggestion for the next update). I play on laptop so there is no middle scroll button to adjust camera during sex scenes and it makes navigating the map difficult. Would it be possible to integrate button mapping into the game for those of us stuck with using laptops? Or am I stupid and just can't find the buttons to control camera direction or the menu for button mapping...

madmax20

Jan 22, 2018
Well, you are not alone.

i like the sims, it has an objective, things you do matter. this game you just aimlessly do things there's no objective nothing you do really matters, i just can not get into it due to that reason.

alex7sea

Jan 21, 2018
i like the sims, it has an objective, things you do matter. this game you just aimlessly do things there's no objective nothing you do really matters, i just can not get into it due to that reason.
Good to know, I have never really give The Sims a chance as my girlfriend "Love it" as she say, but the only thing I see her do is either customize her character or customize her house and she can do that for weeks :)

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Gotta a question (or possible suggestion for the next update). I play on laptop so there is no middle scroll button to adjust camera during sex scenes and it makes navigating the map difficult. Would it be possible to integrate button mapping into the game for those of us stuck with using laptops? Or am I stupid and just can't find the buttons to control camera direction or the menu for button mapping...
I haven't look too closely to your specific problem, but I 2nd the need of key remapping feature. While I'm not on laptop, I use 75% keyboard with similar layout to laptops, and some keys/shortcuts are not supported out-of-the-box. What I did is manually edit the config. The same approach might work in your case in the meantime.

1. Go to the "[Game_Install_Dir]\LifePlay\Config\" folder
  2. Make backup to "DefaultInput.ini" file
  3. Open the "DefaultInput.ini" with notepad, or similar text editor
  4. Look for entries that bear resemblance to what you want to edit
  5. Swap out the keys to what your current device support
For what key names are, use page.

Example:
The speed up/down key in the sex scene by default mapped to the Numpad 6 & 4. My keyboard doesn't have these keys. So I edit the following in the "DefaultInput.ini" file to remap it to the square brackets ("[" & "]") keys

Code:
// Original
+ActionMappings=(ActionName="SpeedUp",Key=NumPadSix,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
+ActionMappings=(ActionName="SpeedDown",Key=NumPadFour,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

// Edited
+ActionMappings=(ActionName="SpeedUp",Key=RightBracket,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
+ActionMappings=(ActionName="SpeedDown",Key=LeftBracket,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
Note that I replaced "Key=NumPadSix" to "Key=RightBracket" to remap NumPad 6 to right square bracket.

PS:
I've read that someone asked for the ability to play the game in windowed mode instead of the fullscreen mode. The shortcut to toggle between windowed and fulscreen mode is "F11". The alternative is "ALT+Enter". Both can do the job. The game will remember which mode used the next time you launch it.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
This is a small bug fix to the bartender_fucks.lpscene
Changes:
  • Fixed 2nd NPC not showing
  • Fixed some pronoun mixed up
  • Made sure the target actor is more consistent to social norm
  • Can exchange numbers regardless which path the player takes

Jul 15, 2017
Can someone explain to me, how pregnancy in this Game exactly works? Do i really need to wait 9 ingame Month until the Baby is born? Or do i need to do something about?

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
Fatal Error
i download the biggest file for 32bit

Python:
Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000008

0x0000000000844205 LifePlay-Win32-Shipping.exe!FD3D11DynamicRHI::InitD3DDevice() []
0x0000000000842ea8 LifePlay-Win32-Shipping.exe!FD3D11DynamicRHI::Init() []
0x0000000000bdd08f LifePlay-Win32-Shipping.exe!RHIInit() []
0x000000000026b20f LifePlay-Win32-Shipping.exe!FEngineLoop::PreInit() []
0x0000000000267b55 LifePlay-Win32-Shipping.exe!GuardedMain() []
0x0000000000267d38 LifePlay-Win32-Shipping.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() []
0x000000000026e357 LifePlay-Win32-Shipping.exe!WinMain() []
0x0000000001981922 LifePlay-Win32-Shipping.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
0x00000000760d3c45 kernel32.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000776337f5 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00000000776337c8 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Can someone explain to me, how pregnancy in this Game exactly works? Do i really need to wait 9 ingame Month until the Baby is born? Or do i need to do something about?
Basically, yes. The due date is actually 280 days from inception. You can either:
  1. Wait for 280 days, doing anything else in the meantime
  2. Use console commands to fast forward time, the commands is described in , and for clarification
  3. Tweak the "Pregnancy Term Multiplier" in the settings menu to speed up things
You may also interested in "Child Growth Speed" setting which controls how much time the child reach 18 years old. The default setting means you have to wait 18 ingame years from birth before the child become available as NPC ingame. If I'm not mistaken, that setting controls the variable in the following formula:
Code:
time_to_adulthood = (18 * 365) / child_growth_speed

// for completeness
time_to_birth = (9 * 30) * pregnancy_time_multiplier

hawkwolf22

Jul 23, 2017
hey vimfamy I noticed withs some of the new scenes that I requested a problem check your Patreon messages will explain

Gakkajj

Nov 11, 2017
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but when I use the attempt rape option when you have a female companion with you it just forces a random scene with one of your contacts.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes