Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
For lights, I see you're lighting the scene flatly. There are little to no shadows in the scene. This kind of lighting, in my experience, will make any shader, no matter how good it is, looks like sh*t. The only thing that can help with this type of lighting scheme is Ambient Occlusion, or SSAO for the realtime version. This is just another type of shadows, and it uses tons of CPU/GPU resource. IMO it's better to re-setup the lights before resorting in AO.
Yeah, lighting and shadows is a big deal that I haven't made any breakthroughs on. Currently I try to replicate the lighting setup in Blender when you tick 'Include lights for Cycle' in the MB-Lab menu with four spotlights of varying brightness around the character - the result looks nothing like how good it looks in Cycle of course. Any idea what lighting setup would work better?
The thing with the shader is Mb-Lab doesn't really provide game-ready texture maps either: you get a very orange diffuse map that needs color adjustment in photoshop, a bump/ height map and a bunch of height maps for muscle, wrinkle and fat folds that needs converting into normal maps (admittedly, a proper 3d artist would do a much better job than me with these conversions), etc Combine that with the difference between Cycles rendering and realtime rendering and we end up with the characters looking like 30% as good in game as they look in Cycles renders. That's why I was delighted that the new guy in charge of Mb-Lab is an Unreal Engine user himself and has already made efforts to make texture maps

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
View attachment 248278 here is what you asked for Vimfamy this is what I'm getting
Looks like clipping issue, rather than shader issue that I suspected. What happens if you click 'Edit Appearance' then press the magnifying glass icon bottom-left corner of the screen until it's zoomed out as much as possible? What happens if rotate the dog (should be another button next/near to the magnifying glass)?

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
or just switch over to unity and use the models the "stationmaster" game uses, base models are free clothing is easy to make, slider for adjustable morphs. has no nips and vag, but I made them for him and see no reason you cant use them as well. Depends on how you feel about unity, I suppose. Recoding may take a while but models would be sorted, and its not difficult to convert all your makehuman clothes to mcs, ive already done around 50% of them for the fun of it. check out mcs vid on utube

hawkwolf22

Jul 23, 2017
Looks like clipping issue, rather than shader issue that I suspected. What happens if you click 'Edit Appearance' then press the magnifying glass icon bottom-left corner of the screen until it's zoomed out as much as possible? What happens if rotate the dog (should be another button next/near to the magnifying glass)?
will try

hawkwolf22

Jul 23, 2017
nothing happens with options you suggest I got that picture from edit appearance also suggest you check your adopt a pet in Pet Shops it isnt working also did you check that other issues I mentioned in Patreon as I have further ideas But will need to wrack my brain for a bit

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Yeah, lighting and shadows is a big deal that I haven't made any breakthroughs on. Currently I try to replicate the lighting setup in Blender when you tick 'Include lights for Cycle' in the MB-Lab menu with four spotlights of varying brightness around the character - the result looks nothing like how good it looks in Cycle of course. Any idea what lighting setup would work better?
The thing with the shader is Mb-Lab doesn't really provide game-ready texture maps either: you get a very orange diffuse map that needs color adjustment in photoshop, a bump/ height map and a bunch of height maps for muscle, wrinkle and fat folds that needs converting into normal maps (admittedly, a proper 3d artist would do a much better job than me with these conversions), etc Combine that with the difference between Cycles rendering and realtime rendering and we end up with the characters looking like 30% as good in game as they look in Cycles renders. That's why I was delighted that the new guy in charge of Mb-Lab is an Unreal Engine user himself and has already made efforts to make texture maps
There are huge differences between lighting setup used in Global Illumination/Physically Based renderer like Cycles and those employed in real-time rendering / games. To properly simulate Cycles rendering, you'll need way more than 4 light sources placed strategically. This is because lights work differently between the 2 types of rendering.

I'd suggest you try to create a lighting setup in blender first, without using cycles. The 4 point light setup usually used in model showcasing but not necessarily work in scenes. Try to place a plane behind the model and texture it with the background used in the game. For each background texture, create a lighting which mimic the lighting of the background texture. Don't hesitate to use colored lights, cos they're mood setters.

or just switch over to unity and use the models the "stationmaster" game uses, base models are free clothing is easy to make, slider for adjustable morphs. has no nips and vag, but I made them for him and see no reason you cant use them as well. Depends on how you feel about unity, I suppose. Recoding may take a while but models would be sorted, and its not difficult to convert all your makehuman clothes to mcs, ive already done around 50% of them for the fun of it. check out mcs vid on utube
1st, it's not easy switching engine. The paradigm is different, and unity has nothing compared to UE's blueprint, not to mention re-importing all the assets. Whats more, the game itself is on the heavy side in terms of resources. In my experience, Unity tends to run slower than UE, especially in pre intel gen5 processors. Unity just recently started to overhaul it's engine paradigm to Data-Oriented-Design, which should boost it's performance. But AFAIK it's still in experimental phase, and do require the massive programming paradigm shift in the programmer's part to fully unleash the potential. That's not a small feat, especially for programmers who didn't experience the pre Object-Oriented days.

As for Morph3D. While I'm sure to watch it's potential (thanks for the info), from the 1st glance I suspect it'll be in the same vein as Reallusion iClone and others like it. The morphs only work in the source app (Morphs3D, iClonce, etc), but once you export it to anything else, the morphs are locked as it won't be a part of the exported model. If the user isn't expected to tweak around with the morphs in game, it won't be a problem. But this game requires morphable 3d models. Apart from MB-Labs, I haven't seen anything which provide exported models with morphs fully intact.

I do like to try out and explore Avastar, another plugin for blender to create models for Second Life. But as it cost $40, I haven't tried it ATM.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018

DOWNLOAD
Windows (64-bit): -
Windows (32-bit): -
Linux:

v1.21 Update Only:
(for those already with v1.10 or later)
Windows (64-bit): -
Windows (32-bit): -
Linux:
Change Log:
- Give ways for the player to proactively interact with family members and initiate incest relationships (select your home > Spend time with family), rather than having to wait for randomly triggered scenes to grind the tension stat like previously
- New dirty talks and erotic descriptions during sex scenes to reflect their incest nature
- New scenes (i.e. scenarios/ storylines) for incest content
- Sneaking mini-game for all sneaking / peeping situations in the game (skippable for those that don't like it)
- Alternate start (a new option on the main menu under 'New Game') to play the game as a male-to-female transformation character
- New API functions for modders: CountPregnancyDays(), isInterestedInMen(), isInterestedInWomen(), isInterestedinTrans(), isStraight(), isGay()
- Bug fixes and improvements
@Vinfamy,
could you also include the docs for the new APIs? IMO it's better to make the docs each time a new API is added rather than let it undocumented until later date. It'll only create headaches to later document it if there are several undocumented APIs piling up.

Reactions: Vinfamy

sidfu

Jun 21, 2017
that mini game while interesting is way to hard due to size of its boxes. also the new spend time with family doesnt stop the timer if u have pause after a action.
also can u include readme on the options as some of them its a bit confusin gif u should increase or decrease them.

found a bug with the new spend family. sometimes it can when u do it a event appen but at same time u get the where u watn to go dialogue comptely preventing u from doing anything at all tilel u exit game then back in.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
found a bug with the new spend family. sometimes it can when u do it a event appen but at same time u get the where u watn to go dialogue comptely preventing u from doing anything at all tilel u exit game then back in.
It this event a incest-related event or just a random event that triggers somehow?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
nothing happens with options you suggest I got that picture from edit appearance also suggest you check your adopt a pet in Pet Shops it isnt working also did you check that other issues I mentioned in Patreon as I have further ideas But will need to wrack my brain for a bit
What do you mean by adopt a pet not working? Does the scene not show up at all for you (not even rhe 'What type of pets am I thinking about adopting?")? It's the entry action to all pet / bestiality content, so if it's broken, surely many others would have reported it also but I haven't seen anyone else reporting this.

sidfu

Jun 21, 2017
its a bit random but what they have in common is that they normal family events that happen when u hit the spend time with family.

for example just had it happen again. i hit the spend time with family. it started the time for it then right before it finished i got the family meal event then the where u wan to go option for spend time for family.

to me it se4ems like when u hit the spend time with family button if a normal event happens during it time not stoping and it keeps processing the spend family time. this would also explain why even with the pause when finish action doesnt effect spend time with family

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Had to set up the game again after a little hard drive accident :p

I set up a mom/son thing. Created a family member, edited it to be a male (son), later on there became a relationship, and...
The son turned into a daughter... not physically. But all references to the character is now daughter and relationship says "Daughter/Boyfriend"... uhm, lol :p

As someone else pointed out, there is no auto pause after completion of spending time with family. Props (y) for more interaction, like looking into different rooms, hiding under bed (lol), and such. Would be nice if could turn off the mini game in preference rather than keep click on skip it all the time though. I tried it a few times, but the novelty runs out fast (sorry).

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
My laptop is acer aspire -_-.
Can,t you help me.
That doesn't really say much in regard of what your specs your computer have though. That just the brand. If you have integrated graphics on that laptop, and if its on the low end else, you will struggle with Unreal engine.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Btw, might be worth it to put some sort of required hardware spec for a "okay experience" to the OP. People maybe not so much into gaming else outside these adult games, might have a rough time run into Unreal engine when used to the potatoe requirements of renpy etc :p

hawkwolf22

Jul 23, 2017
What do you mean by adopt a pet not working? Does the scene not show up at all for you (not even rhe 'What type of pets am I thinking about adopting?")? It's the entry action to all pet / bestiality content, so if it's broken, surely many others would have reported it also but I haven't seen anyone else reporting this.
It doesnt show up at all in The Pet Shops when you select it

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Wow... I'm a sucker for a game with face editor. Keep it up!!!

Now... Gotta find a way to build a decent potato for myself... What's the minimum specs requirement for this game?

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes