Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Wow... I'm a sucker for a game with face editor. Keep it up!!!

Now... Gotta find a way to build a decent potato for myself... What's the minimum specs requirement for this game?
If you going to build a new computer, or buy one ready built. Do not go for what can run something at minimum spec today. Because at that point it's already obsolete. If you on a budget, go for an AMD Ryzen platform. Even though a 1060 isn't the latest any longer in the way of gfx cards, it will still hold some miles yet and reasonable affordable. 16gb ram should go a long way too.

There is tons of build videos on youtube though.

Idk the minimum requirement for just this game, as there is a lot more variables to it than just the game engine.

If you look at something more "out there" that use Unreal, such as Fortnite, the requirement is;

• Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit.
  • Processor Core: i5 2.8 Ghz.
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM.
  • Video Card: Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU.
  • Video Memory: 2 GB VRAM.

But that is not something I would even considered use in a new build today that would last me some years into the future.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
i5!!?! (Looks at the screenshots)
But it mostly displays 2 models! Last time I played a 3A game is DA:inquisition on i3 2120 + gtx550ti + 8gb ram! What the heck is with unreal now!?! I hope this game gives me an option to adjust some settings like anti-aliasing and resolution cuz 1080p upwards aint for me. My old monitor here is just 15'!

Anyway, I know you have a point there but I'm through with 3A's nowadays and I'm just thinking of playing some light games and maybe a bit of programming

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
But it mostly displays 2 models! Last time I played a 3A game is DA:inquisition on i3 2120 + gtx550ti + 8gb ram! What the heck is with unreal now!?! I hope this game gives me an option to adjust some settings like anti-aliasing and resolution cuz 1080p upwards aint for me. My old monitor here is just 15'!

Anyway, I know you have a point there but I'm through with 3A's nowadays and I'm just thinking of playing some light games and maybe a bit of programming
The specs I posted above is from a quick google and what Fortnite did throw at me. Which by today's standards is really bad. If you look at a recent new game, such as "Metro Exodus" (not running unreal though), but as you did mention 3A's :p For a good time you would need like;

• CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K or equivalent
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | GeForce RTX 2070 | AMD RX Vega 64
  • VRAM: 8 GB
  • Direct X: 12
It's the real time stuff that push your comp with Unreal on this game. It's not like just playing an animation or showing still images. Renpy is quite forgiving in regard of system requirements. A game doesn't necessary need to look like a million bucks with bells and whistles to start make your computer struggle.

Reactions: Fliptoynk

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Daymmm (facepalm)

As I see no video settings in renpy and rpgm's options menu... I realize you're right. These games here are probably set to 4k with no way of scaling down the sprites and cg's. I'm thinking about reviving my old pal i3 but it might stab itself to death if i play these new games on it.

Anyway, thanks for the info

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Daymmm (facepalm)

As I see no video settings in renpy and rpgm's options menu... I realize you're right. These games here are probably set to 4k with no way of scaling down the sprites and cg's. I'm thinking about reviving my old pal i3 but it might stab itself to death if i play these new games on it.

Anyway, thanks for the info
The bigger map you play on the bigger the strain as well. You could try to play on a smaller map, to see if that help. Also, tone down; Shadow quality, AA quality and PP Quality in the settings. Your game won't necessary look all that nice, but your computer will thank you for it.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
that mini game while interesting is way to hard due to size of its boxes. also the new spend time with family doesnt stop the timer if u have pause after a action.
also can u include readme on the options as some of them its a bit confusin gif u should increase or decrease them.

found a bug with the new spend family. sometimes it can when u do it a event appen but at same time u get the where u watn to go dialogue comptely preventing u from doing anything at all tilel u exit game then back in.
Got it. I'll get this fixed in the next version.
How often does this happen for you? Seems like it takes a lot of coincidence to occur (a scene matches just as the action finishes - less than one second gap maybe), but I get the impression from your comments that this happens quite regularly in your game?

It doesnt show up at all in The Pet Shops when you select it
Hmm that's odd, try:
- Ctrl + M > Confirm
- check inside your game folder, is the LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Actions\shopping\adopt_a_pet.lpaction file still there?
- What about community_centre and veterinary? Do they have the 'Adopt a pet' option?

Just started... damn hard, to get the controls understood ... wtf over? is this suppose to be scrolled or what?
WASD to move the current view, scroll to zoom in and out, press down the middle mouse button and move your mouse to rotate, left click on a buiding icon to interact with it, Numpad +- to change speed
Same buttons during sex

LewdNayshin

Sep 19, 2017
Okay got an error says LowLevelFatal Error [Line 200]unreal engine is existing due to D3D Device being lost please help
Ok so i changed my vga back to nvidia gtx 550ti and the problem is gone(my vga was 1050 ti when i had this problem) i guess im stuck with low quality unless someone can help me...

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018

Well, do you know any 3A game which include real size city map with 10,000+ buildings and 3d models with 400+ different morphs each, while also processing 1000+ events (if all the mods enabled) in the background? The numbers might be a bit exaggerated but it's within the ballpark. That said, the game do need some optimization.

Ok so i changed my vga back to nvidia gtx 550ti and the problem is gone(my vga was 1050 ti when i had this problem) i guess im stuck with low quality unless someone can help me...
Hmm, I'm also using 1050ti GTX but have no problems. What version of NVdia drivers do you have? I'm using v390.65 and haven't upgraded since. The thing with Nvidia driver is you have to find the "correct" version for your setup, and that include trial-and-error. In my experience, newer/most updated drivers don't necessarily translate to better user experience. My experience include:
  • shaders not showing like in the pet model problems reported in this thread
  • slowing down audio performance down to choppy mp3 and/or YouTube playback
  • Outright BSOD out from nowhere
  • CTD for some 3A games
In all cases, the problems go away when I changed the NVdia drivers, often downgrading from the latest drivers as far back as 10 to 20 version prior. I'm sticking with v390.65 cos it work for me, albeit now I can't render in DAZ Studio cos after 2hrs or so rendering, BSOD. I can live without DAZ and other apps/games run smoothly.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Try re-install gfx drivers. You got both a 550ti and a 1050ti in the same computer? Try disable the onboard (integrated gfx) in the bios and just run with the 1050.

LewdNayshin

Sep 19, 2017
Try re-install gfx drivers. You got both a 550ti and a 1050ti in the same computer? Try disable the onboard (integrated gfx) in the bios and just run with the 1050.
No i dont have it in the same computer... but ill try to re-install my gfx driver for my 1050ti when i plug it into my pc if it worked ill give you guys an update

sidfu

Jun 21, 2017
the bug with the spend time with family. happens pretty often if u trying to focus on family. on average 1-2 times every 30 min of play. and only way to fix is to save and exit outof game

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
@Vinfamy

How does 'CountPregnancyDays()' works? I'm using the code below but the resulting text always display 0 months:
Code:
    Dating = getSpecific(Dating)
    Dating.show(2)
    "<Dating.name> <Dating.name_last>"
    If Dating.isPregnant()
        DaysP = Dating.CountPregnancyDays()
        Months = DaysP / 30
        If Months > 9
            mstr = "9"
        Elseif Months > 8
            mstr = "8"
        Elseif Months > 7
            mstr = "7"
        Elseif Months > 6
            mstr = "6"
        Elseif Months > 5
            mstr = "5"
        Elseif Months > 4
            mstr = "4"
        Elseif Months > 3
            mstr = "3"
        Elseif Months > 2
            mstr = "2"
        Elseif Months > 1
            mstr = "1"
        Else
            mstr = "0"
        Endif

"Pregnant for <mstr> months."
    Endif

Asstrreader74

Donor
Nov 8, 2017
You like big brother that has no animation @ all but make fun of this game ROFLMAO
To my remark ( lol )
First off it's not about the animation it self that makes a good game! sadly maybe to you!!!!! Even if the creator used MakeaHuman software he/she or who ever, did a very poor job!!!! Then again Judging from your remarks i guess you wouldn't know the difference between one's ass from a hole in the ground!!!
To my remark ( waste of time )
The most important part of the game is the storyline. and sadly this game do not have!!!

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes